“Good Experience”

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Los Angeles, Calforina
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel was outdated but very clean. Room was spacious and had a fridge and even a stove with microwave. The A/C worked great for being an older hotel. My kids said the wi-fi was the best! They offered basic breakfast danishes/donuts. Just a little something to start your day. Get there early cause they run out fast! Overall it was a good stay :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest
It has been our pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We will always do everything possible to make the stay of guest is pleasant and comfortable. We thank you for the confidence and kind words you spread online by posting your review.
Best Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Torrance, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel. The hotel is old but well painted. The common areas are clean. The corridor are clean. The rooms are well painted. The beds have clean sheets and pillows. The rooms do not smell like a typical motel rooms. The AC is new, strong and effective, The curtains are heavy and completely block light and make for a great late rise from bed. The bathroom tiles are not newly done but they have caulked all the joints so that we know there is no chance of bacteria residing in small cavities. Overall, I was really pleased with the experience and the money I had to pay for it (my guess is this has got to be one of the most economical in the Silicon Valley).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your time for posting your experience at our hotel. Our rates are best in line with the other similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our prime location and extensive facilities.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

very pleasant staff and management. Clean quite rooms. will return and highly recommend.much better value and less attitude than other motels in the area. lots od tv channels to choose from also/ early check in time.............................................................................................o

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Briancote507
Thank you for your kind words after your stay in our Hotel. We happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us .Please revisit us soon.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night while visiting a nearby college. Checked in late afternoon. Front desk lady was excellent. Room was very stuffy and turned on below window air. Walked around and had dinner and back at room by 9 pm. Was still very stuffy. Cooled down by about 2 am. Granada is just kind of dated; bedspread, blanket, had 2 soiled desk chairs. Had a small funky kitchen with refer, sink, microwave, and 2 burner stove with coffee maker and pot and pan. That was dated. Bathroom was okay. I think maybe this being a very busy area, hotel gets a lot of use. Would not stay here again. I recall that I choose it because it was rated pretty good on trip advisor.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We state again and again that we are not one of the fancy hotels in the area but match the price. We are one of the budgeted or convenient hotel in the area. Our rates are right giving our central location the heart of the Silicon Valley. We are sorry we were not of your expectations.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I travel at least once every three months on business, so I have stayed in my share of hotels, inns, etc. This was by far THE worse experience I have ever encountered. Upon checking into the Granada Inn at 11:15 am on Friday, June 20, 2014, I arrived a bit early and waited in the lobby for a room to become available. The lobby was very outdated with a rusty brass table and an extremely worn, green couch, which was peeling off onto my clothes. Merav, the front desk clerk came off as rude and condescending. After receiving the key card to my room, I was instructed to walk across the parking lot to the second building to where my room was located. I opened the door and was greeted by a pungent smell of bleach. The bedding was brittle and old and the room in general had a very unclean feel to it. When I went to the restroom, I discovered mold both inside and outside of the shower. I immediately knew that I would not be able to stay here. I went back to the front desk less than thirty minutes after checking in and told Merav that I wanted to cancel my stay and receive a full refund because my room had mold, seemed unclean and was unacceptable. Without even offering to rectify the situation, he told me that I would need to have Booking.com call him directly. Booking.com called him within five minutes and they both agreed on my refund. With an attitude Merav showed me on a piece of paper where he wrote "Cancel" on the receipt, however he was very reluctant to give me a copy of it. After asking him on three separate occasions for a copy of this "Cancelled receipt" he finally put the paper in the copier, which was less than a foot away to give me my copy. As I was leaving, he brought it upon himself to mention that "He could have charged me for one night, since there is a 24 hour cancellation policy." Gee, thanks Merav for doing me that HUGE favor. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend not staying here. I was fortunate enough to have booked a room at The Domai...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest, I, General Manager of the Hotel, take your feedback very seriously. I regret that my hotel did not meet your expectations. Your constructive review helps me to do better and get better.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Simple is beautiful.
Staying in the room you got everything include a small kitchen and refrigerator and air conditioner as well.
Internet speed is perfect for connecting to the world.
You will feel like home while staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
It has been our pleasure serving you and your teammates. We do everything possible to make the stay at our hotel - Home away from Home - for all our guests travelling to out destination from all over the world. We thank you for your wonderful remarks and the merit of confidence you have shown us.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here for month during my business trip.They have good facilities like complimentary Breakfast, mini kitchen, free WIFI, TV etc. The stay was pleasant and superb and management was supportive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

We truely appreciate and thank you for your good remarks about our hotel.