“Just a few days need it”
Review of Woodcrest Hotel

Woodcrest Hotel
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This hotel is very nice location for ANSYS learning center. The price is too high for the quality what provide it. The hotel is from outside is a nice and well kept. My room 214 was really run down. The carpet had several white spots. The small in my room was like chines restaurant. Room have king side bed not vey confortable. Large restroom and good hot water with pressure. Good coffee in room.
During night you can hear people coming to hotel and same in hallway.
Breakfast was very good every day little different and very good service.
Accros the street are several Susi places that it was a nice to park your car and go accurst the street for good dinner.
If you are going for work it is ok place if you are going for vocation it is not recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank BigVv

Reviewed 30 January 2008

I don't expect good value from hotels in Silicon valley. I booked this hotel mainly because it was within walking distance of the firm I was visiting. After reading some of the reviews on this site, I almost canceled my reservation. I must say that I am glad I did not cancel. This hotel provided excellent value for the room rate (I paid 155$/night)!

What did I like?:

-The large quiet suites. I stayed on the top floor (4th).
-The place was clean.
-The staff was friendly.
-The free breakfast buffer was very good.
-The free dinner (Mon-Thurs) was very good (1 free drink at the bar included).
-This is an older hotel with character, with winding corridors, peculiar furniture, and high sloped ceilings (at least on the 4th floor).
-The bathrobe was a nice touch.
-Bus 23 on Stevens Creek was convenient for getting around (even to downtown San Jose).

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank PianoMan9
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I was disappointed with the Woodcrest Hotel. I booked directly through the hotel website and paid $145 for the room. The outside looks nice, but the rooms need a major update. The halls and rooms have a musty smell. The caulking in the bathroom was coming up. There were stains on the carpet. The bedspread was torn and thin. The room does not have a microwave or refridgerator. For the price, I expected so much more. I would think $69-$79 would be a more realistic price.

I will say that breakfast was fabulous. There was the sweetest lady serving coffee and juice. She provided excellent service. The tables had table clothes and the dishes were china. They had cloth napkins. There were pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns, fruit, coffee, pastry and juice.

1  Thank hudsonsales
Reviewed 17 April 2007

The $85 weekend rate is a real bargain! We had a large, QUIET room (never heard a sound). There is covered parking (helpful in the rain) and the room was most lovely. Nice decor and furnishing and internet port with free service. There were some touches that could have used a bit of upgrade - hem down on bedskirt, no towel rack by the sink, and a few cracks in the plastic and mat area in the tub. These were minor and not inconvenient. Other than the nice large room, very friendly staff, and pleasant feeling, what makes this weekend a bargain is the included breakfast - served on real china and stainless, cloth napkins at already set tables, the buffet includes all the usual hot dishes from eggs to french toast, as well as all kinds of breads, scones, cereal, yogurt, etc. Coffee, juice and a selection of teas are served by the friendly attendant. Better than a restaurant!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erklein
Reviewed 28 February 2007

I stayed at the Woodcrest Hotel on my last trip to Santa Clara, based on the reviews that I read here on TripAdvisor. They were correct! It is a very nice hotel. My room had a nice large built-in desk with good lighting, a fast (wired) high-speed internet connection, and above it was a VCR and TV. The king bed was very comfortable, however just slightly on the hard side. The bathroom was nice and clean. It even had a small TV next to the bathroom sink! I was on the west side, which overlooked some trees and an adjacent parking lot. Very quiet! The free breakfast was excellent! Plenty of juice & coffee, with both hot and cold items like bacon, sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, pastries, fruit, etc. Parking was covered, in between the sections of the hotel on the ground level. Access to Stevens Creek Blvd was good, but don't try to turn East from the West exit like I did. ;-) I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank Antennaguy
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed 5 February 2004

I stayed here at the recommendation of a friend and am happy to report that she was right. The room has a desk with good lighting, free high-speed internet (a must in Silicon Valley), a pretty comfortable king bed, clean bathroom, a robe, ironing board & iron, plus a TV/vcr and three telephones :) Desk staff and the gal in the small cafe/bar were very friendly, but the maid knocks only once before she tries to barge in (luckily I had the door lock on). I could hear the lull of the cars from the nearby expressways, but it didn't bother me. When the guy next door took a shower, I could hear the water running and it was quite loud. Get a corner room because you get two windows...

• Stayed: February 2004, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Stockton, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2003

I have stayed at the Woodcrest various times over the past few years, starting with an 11-week work assignment in late 1997. I was very happy with the accomodations, and it felt like a home away from home. The breakfast buffet was very good, with hot items like bacon, sausage and eggs instead of the usual continental fare of pastries or juices, although they had that too if desired. The staff was very nice and made sure my coffee cup was always full. I will stay there again the next time I need accomodations near Cupertino. I highly recommend The Woodcrest. .....Scott

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Larkspur Landing Campbell
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel

Been to Woodcrest Hotel? Share your experiences!