“Lived in "suites" - not bad”

Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It's worth its price (in this area, of course!). The room is pretty, but small. Toilet and all this stuff is fairly new - so not bad at all. Their breakfast is not free (~$13), but they have a good choice of options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hi Serge P,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review about your recent stay. It is great to hear that you found the value of your accommodations worth the price and the room amenities to your liking. We are also pleased to hear that our breakfast options met your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

On Oct 18 we at the Montagues Café at your hotel , we were seated at 5:30 P.M. 1 hour to eat and 1 hour to get our bill after asking 4 times.
this was the worst service I have ever had , I talked to food manger about my bill and she just blew it off. we stayed in room 117 from 10/17 to 10/18 check out 10/19
this is no way to treat customers ,Room under Sandra Turner

Room Tip: room was fine
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hi Bruce T,

Thank you for sharing your review of your travel experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory aspects of your stay involving the meal at our restaurant. Your input is very important to us and be assured that we have shared the details of your experience concerning these issues with our team. We would like to have another opportunity to host you in the future and provide you with a much more favorable guest experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had a suite and it had 2 huge TVs, a desk, couch, armchair, work desk with chair, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, a tiny fridge and a microwave.

Internet is not free but I got mine free via a corporate deal. Same deal for breakfast. Great little bar and restaurant attached to the hotel.

Free local shuttle service.

Room is clean, neat and modern. Staff are friendly. Gym is well maintained. Same goes for pool and jacuzzi.

A great stay.

Be warned that this hotel is in walking distance of nothing so you might want to get a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Hi flea1979,

We are so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us during your recent business trip. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us and future travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the details of our hotel including our bar and restaurant, our staff’s friendly hospitality, as well as the free shuttle service. It sounds as though we were able to provide a positive guest experience for you and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Director of Rooms,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The cleanliness of this hotel was great, and the room was comfortable. The location of the hotel is very close to Great America and the Santa Clara Convention Center. But the hotel staff is terrible. My friends and I had been out late the night before and so the day we were checking out, one friend and I got up around 10 to eat breakfast and left our other 2 friends sleeping in the room. I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door as I left so that housekeeping wouldn't disturb them. As soon as I walked out the door, my friend and I were harrassed by the cleaning lady telling us "Take the sign off the door! I need to clean your room!" I told her there were people sleeping and she wanted to know what time we were leaving. I told her we would be leaving around 11 but weren't sure. (Check out time is 12). My friend and I went to breakfast (which was a terrible buffet for $13.95 per person) and upon returning to our room at 10:40, we were approached by the cleaning lady again and asked when we'd be leaving. Then at 11 sharp, she banged on our door (even though the "Do Not Disturb" sign was still on it) and wanted to know when we were leaving because she "NEEDS TO CLEAN THE ROOM!" I told her by 11:30 and we packed our things as fast as we could and left. Upon checking out the front desk asked if everything was ok with my receipt, which it was, and I left. However, I checked my bank account the next day and the hotel charged me $100 more than the amount on my receipt. I called the hotel to tell them and they told me that the charge is just a hold and should be gone within a day or two. I then checked the next day to see if it had gone away, and to my surprise the hotel had charged me AGAIN for the room, charging me 3 times the amount I originally owed and agreed to pay on the receipt. I called the hotel and they transferred me to their "Financial Services" which told me that they only have a record of charging me once. Needless to say I won't be staying at the hotel again. The amount of headaches that you get after your time staying here just isn't worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adamg689
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Hi Adam G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you selecting our hotel over others in the area and we are pleased to hear that you found our location and your room accommodations to your liking. We sincerely apologize, however, for your experience with our housekeeping staff. It is our goal to provide the very best stay for all of our guests, but it appears that we have fallen short. We will look into the details of the situation you have noted and make the necessary corrections to ensure future better stays. If your travels do bring you back to our area we would love the opportunity to provide you with a more welcoming experience in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here during a very crowded Bay Area event, when my regular hotels were full. I was a bit put off by some of the reviews, but I found this to be a perfectly acceptable business hotel. I was in a "tower" room, not the garden room, the room was quite large, similar to an Embassy Suite. The breakfast and dinners were fine, no complaints. A tiny bit of noise from the airport, but less than you would get from any of the SFO airports.

Room Tip: "Tower" rooms were fine, didn't try the garden rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Hi sfmrb,

We are so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us for your Bay Area event. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us and future travelers. We are pleased to hear that you found your room accommodations and the meal options to your liking. It sounds as though we were able to provide a positive guest experience for you and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our executive board recently had a board meeting at the Biltmore Hotel & Suites in Santa Clara, CA. It was a delightful experience. The staff was solicitous and friendly, the meeting rooms were excellent. They even put plugs at every table spot so we could use our laptops and computers. We had wifi free throughout the 3 days we were there. We ate at the restaurant and also had catering. The food was delicious and a good value. The room rates were very affordable. We are a non-profit so we shop for the nicest but most affordable accommodations for our meetings of about 35 people. We all enjoyed the suites where there was room to relax but also room to work. It might not be the best place for a romantic get-away or family but it was great for business people.

Room Tip: Don't have a preference. I was not bothered by street or airplane noise and I was on the 8th flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Hi drbabsie,

Nothing makes us happier than hearing a review such as yours from a satisfied guest! We would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and share your travel details with us. It sounds as though our business amenities, food options and guest room features provided you with a great travel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for many future stays!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here for a training visit to Silicon Valley. The accommodation was booked through my office.

I had a room (suite) on the 4th floor which was clean and comfortable, although the noise from the freeway and airplanes was clearly audible. That's not the hotel's fault of course, but be aware of it.

The breakfast was good, and the one meal I had in the bar on the night I arrived was also good, the breakfast was included in the room rate and the meal was reasonably priced.

The hotel does not feel modern, some aspects like the lifts (elevators) and the hallways do feel tired, but everything was scrupulously clean. The same was true of the room, the furniture was new but the fixtures like wardrobe doors, sinks and taps etc were worn and seemed tired. Again, this is not a criticism, but rather an observation.

The many events held in public areas of the hotel like the lobby and atrium area do make it a little uncomfortable to walk through, but for business travel this is a fine place to stay. I would be less likely to stay here with children on a family trip though.

I cannot comment on the price as my company paid for the room and breakfast.

Very convenient to most of the big players in Silicon Valley, I was visiting Citrix offices on Great America Parkway as well as near San Jose Airport and found everywhere easy and convenient to get to.

Room Tip: I was in the tower, right side as you walk down the corridor. This side faces the 101.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Hi Stefan P,

We appreciate your stay with us while on business and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you found your room accommodations clean and comfortable and that your breakfast and evening meal were to your liking. It is disappointing however, that the other aspects of your stay were not quite as enjoyable. Currently we are working on improvements to make for a better overall guest experience. We would love to have another opportunity to host you in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.