“Excellent meeting revenue”

Biltmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had a big conference here, nice Location beside Highway. Rooms are much bigger and proper as in the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose Airport. Stuff was very friendly, very welcomed Service, I enjoyed the stay here. Only Point is the Fitness centre is small, but an Insider tip. go running outdoor, threre is a nice trail into Santa Clara. Hotel is not quite as it is beside the Highway and Close to the Airport, you should go there for business

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi Rainer S,

We are so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us during your conference. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the details of our hotel including our spacious rooms, friendly staff and convenient location. It sounds as though we were able to provide a positive guest experience for you and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The rooms in the older part of the hotel are really horrible. Small, old and dingy. The room we had overlooked the parking lot and had terrible noise from planes overhead. We were on the second level and there was no elevator! We had to lug our suitcases up the steps, taking multiple trips. Truly horrible. Would recommend to stay away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer part and overlooking the courtyard/pool if available, and on the first f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CDelf
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hi CDel,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. It sounds as though your experience with us did not meet your expectations and we would like to extend our apologies for the situations you encountered. We are currently working on improvements to provide for an overall better guest experience. Be assured that your feedback will be shared with our team. We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed two nights whilst in the area on business. They rate was not amazing @$209 and there are much better choices at a comparable cost in Silicon Valley. The check in lobby area is OK but the welcome was anything but. It seemed like I was bothering the check in staff by having the impertinence to try and actually check in. I already knew that there are two parts to the hotel, the tower that apparently has good to OK rooms and the outside motel area.

As you can guess, there were no other rooms (do hotel staff think customers are stupid?) and I got a small, pokey smelly, hot room on the outside of the old motel part, with a view over the parking lot and the gas stations next door. There are lots of colorful characters hanging around the parking lot and gas station and the whole area feels and probably is pretty dangerous. I was careful to barricade the doors and not leave anything of value in the room at any time. You can see from the door jamb that the locks and door blocker have been replaced many, many times, probably due to the door being kicked in.....

There are motel rooms that face into a fairly attractive courtyard and rooms that face out onto the parking lot.My rooms was also exceedingly loud, both from the roar of traffic on the 101 only 100 ft away and also from the SJC airport traffic that arrives and departs directly over the hotel (look on google maps, I do mean directly overhead). To cap it all the A/C was very inefficient and loud and the bed had a massively think antarctic comforter that roasted you alive if you dared to use them.

Specific features of my room included a nice 12" diameter stain on the only chair in the room and a free collection of dust and mold on the A/C and vents in the bathroom.

I went to the bar to try and dull my senses for the second night of hell (I forget it's name but it is attached to the hotel) and found it very hard to attract the attention of the barstaff, who were more interested in watching TV and chatting. I did get some attention from the hooker who was very openly touting for business. Uggh.

All in all I cannot find a single redeeming feature to this hotel, based upon my stay. Look elsewhere....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Tim,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory aspects of your stay involving our front desk and bar staff’s hospitality as well as your room amenities. Your input is very important to us and be assured that we have shared the details of your experience concerning these issues with our entire team. We would love to have another opportunity to host you in the future and provide you with a much more favorable guest experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a convenient hotel and close to many things. A good buffet breakfast around $13/person. Just wish the exterior hallways weren't so dirty and old. They really need to be spruced up especially from the lobby to the exterior buildings. I'm sure the tower rooms don't have that problem. But great shuttle service to the airport and nice staff.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi katwave,

We are delighted you chose to stay with us on your recent travels. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and future travelers. It is great to hear that our convenient location, our airport shuttle service and our staff’s hospitality helped to make your trip an enjoyable one! Please know that we will share your feedback concerning the hallways with our team for future improvements. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here two nights on a business trip. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions for restaurants. Location was good for access to the main roads and could quickly get to downtown Santa Clara (about 20 minutes) for a good selection of restaurants. The breakfast is not included with the room rate but it was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hi South_Park_Aardvark,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip! It's wonderful to hear that our staff’s hospitality and our location met your expectations. It is also great to know that you enjoyed your breakfast with us! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon for another great travel experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was very excited about staying at this hotel because of reviews I had read and the photos displayed. My excitment was a tad crushed as soon as I saw the place. The parking lot is horribly small and the hotel looks a tad older from the outside. I pushed these thoughts aside hoping the inside would suprise me. I didnt.

The lobby is very large and probably "grand" to some but in truth it is old and outdated. You get the sense from the lobby that the rooms will probably be inside and comfortable. They do have some rooms upstairs - I dont know if they are suites or you have to pay extra but most of the rooms are junky and outside. My son and I got stuck with a room that was indoors but down a dank hallway with electrical issues. It was horribly humid and smelled like a dentists office.

The rooms were just as unimpressive. It was pretty Motel 6 with an old fridge at the entry way, a very outdated microwave sitting on top of it and a coffee maker sitting on top of that. All three of these appliances sat next to a wall outlet with only 2 plus ins so you had to unplug something to use something else. The rooms are painted a tacky yellow with only 1 piece of hotel artwork. The lamps are straight out of the late 70's early 80's and the carpet was typicall older hotel carpet, worn down and thin. The bathtub was dirty.

The pool was tiny and surrounded by an old gate in the middle of all the outdoor rooms. I wouldnt use that pool for all the money in the world. It looked like a pool you would expect to see at a roadside truckstop hotel in Las Vegas. It's only 4 feet deep and only open until 9:00.

They dont have free breakfast and they dont even offer lobby coffee so I was stuck unplugging and plugging things in for my morning coffee.

The staff is nice eough at check in but they seem to get shorter tempered every time you ask them a question about the hotel or the area.

I would not stay at the Biltmore again - you can get much better quality at other hotels in the area for a mere $20.00 more. This hotel is not close enough to the ocean for the kind of musty smell and feel of the rooms. All in all, not impressed one bit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Hi iansgal51510,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your travel experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory aspects of your stay regarding the room amenities, pool facility and our staff’s hospitality. Your input is very important to us and be assured that we have shared your input concerning these issues with our all of our team members. We would like to have another opportunity to host you in the future and provide you with a much more favorable guest experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Whe I made the reservation I request a good Aircondition, but It was not working, I sweat all night long, I even used some weat towls to help stay cool, I should get some money back from this place, it was not good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ramon R
Christine F, Guest Manager at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Ramon R,

We value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to share your travel experience. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the air conditioning. Be assured that we will share the details with our staff in the order improve our overall guest experience. Please consider a return stay with us so that we may provide you with a stay that exemplifies how highly we value you as a guest.