“Authentic south Indian food”
Review of Dasaprakash

Dasaprakash
Ranked #50 of 465 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I have eaten at a lot of south Indian restaurants at Santa Clare, but liked the taste and ambience here

1  Thank Avi3639

Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is the best South Indian restaurant that I have ever been to. Understand that it is vegetarian, and I chose it due to their vegan options. While I would say that I am less familiar with South Indian fare, it made our choices easy: the South Indian Thali and #72 (split between 2, but easily feeds 3). This provided for a large variety and the spicing was perfect.

1  Thank nuclear_travels
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We needed a vegetarian place to eat/wait while our son was at a party in Santa Clara. We stumbled upon this little Southern Indian Restaurant called Dasaprakash and are so glad we did. The owner came out and introduced himself (apparently it is Indian festival season and people come out later in the evening to eat -so the place was slow when we were there at 6pm) and proudly explained the menu and suggested two selections from the menu. Both were excellent. I can't say enough. The prices were better than some not-so-great food we'd had a week prior at a Tandoori chain restaurant and the decor was lovely, clean, and modern. We'll be back!

1  Thank Truckee1
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Arrived in Santa Clara late in the evening, with very hungry family, exhausted from visit to Great America. Simple restaurant, serving superb southern Indian food, pure Indian flavours with fresh taste. Engaging, hospitable host, who expertly advised us on menu choice, and accommodated children with milder spiced dishes. As per other reviews very good value for money.

1  Thank Marmaduke00
Reviewed 21 May 2012

everything that needs to be written about this place has already been written, but just to recap. It's not very busy, nice relaxed and simple decor, warm welcome, and the highlight is the food. Wow. I am considerably not vegetarian but I really enjoyed eating here. I also have a big aversion to coconut which is a slight issue but they went back to the kitchen and got me everything non coconut and it was outstanding, and very good value for money.

1  Thank Biddazzu