“Great Greek Food”

Athena Grill
Ranked #10 of 429 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since 2002 Athena Grill has been the gastronomic oasis for the best Greek food available in the Silicon Valley and we're excited to continue that tradition with you. We offer healthy portions of delicious, authentic Greek food made fresh daily- using traditional recipes direct from Greece. Our hope is to provide you with a dining experience that will take you on a journey of the sites, aromas, and flavors that has made the Greek cuisine famous around the world. Our dishes are Greek family favorites combining the finest herbs and spices with the freshest ingredients available. When you come to Athena Grill you will have your choice of classic dishes like dolmades, biftekia, mousaka, pastitsio, giouvetsi, gemista, lamb chops, souvlakia and many others. Our freshly made delicious desserts-baklava, galaktoboureko, kataifi, karidopita, ravani, kourabiedes and melomakarona-are better than our own mothers used to make! We have designed the ambience of Athena Grill to give you the feel of a cozy neighborhood restaurant in Athens, also reminiscent of the colorful restaurant in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." With the blue and white national colors of Greece and authentic artwork lining the walls, and Greek music playing in the background, the interior of the restaurant matches the authenticity of our cuisine. Outside, we have plenty of seating surrounded by lush landscaping, reminiscent of what outdoor dining would typically look like at a Greek neighborhood restaurant. We will always do our very best to provide you with the same dining experience we would provide our own families and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Thank you very much! Sas efharistoume poli!
Fremont, California, United States
“Great Greek Food”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Authentic traditional greek food. Great for lunch - it gets packed but there is a nice outdoor area where you can sit. Service is great, portions are big (even for lunch).

• Visited January 2014

San Jose, California
“Authentic Greek flavors!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Athena Grill is a perfect place for lunch!
Food is very tasty, traditional greek cuisine!
The outside terrace (greek arbor style) is very nice, especially on sunny day!
Atena Wraps are GREAT! And the portions are really BIG.
I love the fresh cut fries - they are from real potatoes, seasoned with some herbs and salt - mmmm, yummy!
They have an authentic greek salad, so savory!
And the tzatziki and olive paste are also great - especially with warm pita <3

Love this place - the food is simple and delicious, an authentic greek cuisine experience!

• Visited November 2013
San Francisco, California
“Great lunch spot with coworkers”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This spot is my coworker and I's to-go spot for lunch. The food is great and they have a big dining area plus a lot of outdoor seatings.

As a lunch spot, it's a tad more expensive than your regular fast food Greek place, but the food, portion, and service make up for it.

Visited October 2013
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Traditional greek food with outside terrace greek style”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you are looking for traditional European (Greek) food, this is THE place to go to. Everything is traditional greek: the waiters, the table cloths, even an outside terrace surrounded by green plants. The menu offers lots of choices of traditional greek food. Service is really good: the waiter recommends which choice to make because he knows the sizes, so you end up ordering less then you planned to do.

• Visited September 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Save Room for the Baklava!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Athena Grill is tucked into a business area with apparently few other dining options nearby (but quite close to 101) which probably accounts for the its tremendous popularity. The food is good and homey, but it wasn't as amazing as I hoped it would be. I had a chicken skewer plate that came with a greek salad, cooked veggies and rice (I subbed fries). The vegetables reminded me of home; which is to say boiled to death. The fries were okay as was the salad and the skewer was tasty. The meal came with a little cup of olive spread that was DELICIOUS. I will ask for extra if I return. My friends had the gyros plate and the falafel plate. I think they enjoyed their meals although my friend said she had had better falafel. The baklava is very good and not as sweet and gooey as you typically find. The Athena has indoor seating for about 25 -30 and outdoor seating as well. You also get a small basket of bread and pita with some dipping sauce when you sit down. This is a very casual place - you order at the register and get a little wooden number block and the food arrives shortly thereafter. The owner came by to check on us and see if we liked our baklava. He is very friendly and justifiably proud of his baker who makes the dessert on site. If I lived or worked close by, I would probably go back, but there are other mediterranean places closer to Palo Alto that are as good or better.

• Visited October 2013