“Good location easy access to area businesses”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Santa Clara is a central location to many businesses in the San Jose area. Traffic patterns are such that it is typically away from the worst areas. The hotel itself is well kept although the area could be better. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is typical for Holiday Inn express and the eating area is roomy enough to hold the breakfast crowd. The exercise room is a little small, but the equipment is enough to get in a reasonable workout while traveling. The room was clean and quiet for sleeping. Overall I had a very good experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would suggest the third floor (top) for nice quiet rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rrater

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed in handicapped accessible room. Spacious and well-maintained. Overall quiet and the bed was comfortable. The in-room coffee maker didn't work and the front desk person wasn't eager to help resolve the problem. Had it not been for the fact they were just setting up coffee in the breakfast room, I would have been hurting to participate in my 6AM business meeting I was taking by phone in my room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank traveller80538
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I was very impressed at their customer service from the very beginning. I called the hotel to see if they can switch my room to one with 2 Double beds, but they were sold out due to a swimming team for the weekend. They offered to have the sofabed opened and ready for me and I agreed which was very convenient.

Breakfast was good and I loved that we had access to coffee and juices anytime.

What impressed me the most was that they emailed me right after my departure to let me know that I had left a shirt in the room, so they offered to mail it to me with a fee or keep it so I could pick it up later.

This is the first time I've received such great service, kudos for that!

The only negative was that there were some dirty socks/shirts on the upper shelf of the closet, which housekeeper took right after I notified them.

Location was good, close to many restaurants and businesses. Would go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sivi811
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Visited my daughter at SCU for the weekend. This was a great location to the school and the rooms were great - spacious. clean and well maintained. The breakfast in the morning was good for coffee, juice, fruit, yoghurt and toast. They offer eggs etc but preformed, fake looking. The room was nice with mini bar and internet. Parking was easy. Th price was reasonable at $108 per night.

Room Tip: My room faced a side parking lot which was very quite.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank melindar57
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stay in HIE is always fun.. My typical travell need to Santa clara is for business purpose and in last 4 years my total number of days stays exceeded 65 nights and it was just great experience all the time. Absolute nothing to complain about and I'll not stay anywhere else....

Gym, swimming pool, laundry services, breakfast and Office drop and pickup shuttle service is what I use in addition to a clean luxurious room and I am greatly satisfied. I am going to atay there again for 4 week is August. Keep it up HIE...

Room Tip: Back side rooms has great view... and natural lights
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AmitavaB
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed in small suite, two moms with their daughters on Spring break college tours. Very satisfied overall. Only suggestion a minor one...smell of cleaning solution in entry very powerful. While I'm truly appreciative of cleanliness, the strong aroma can be off putting.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank LocalTeacher
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed for a full week in this hotel while on business in Santa Clara. Front desk staff were helpful and quick. I stayed in a room with one queen bed. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast hostess was warm and polite. The breakfast offered a good variety and was well-stocked. I would definitely stay there again on future trips.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business