“More like a great 5 Star resort, but at a better price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Barbara, California
“More like a great 5 Star resort, but at a better price”
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed at the HIE for the first time in this location to visit many sister who is nearby in assisted living. We had just come from vacation hotels in Ashland, Oregon and enjoyed this room even better. Why? The friendliness of staff, the affordability during these hard times, the warmth of the pool, and the adequate fitness center as well as a great spa room at a affordable price everything we needed and were all close and CLEAN. The staff was very professional-- helpful, a rarity these days. I will use this hotel for business in the future as well-better others like than Hyatts, and others in terms of amenities and service .

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 5 September 2010

On August 23,2010 remodeling began on my boyfriends house. It was supposed to be just 2 baths and it grew to include relocating the heating/air conditioning unit into the attic. On the day the a/c was removed it was 104 degrees in Santa Clara. I went online to look for a place to stay while the a/c was installed and found the Holiday Inn Express was not only very close to home, it was very reasonably priced and had the main things I was looking for: A/C and a pool!
Both of which I used alot. My stay was only going to be for a few days when the a/c man discovered there was a river under the house from the very old plumbing. Which of course needed to be completly redone. My stay ended totaling 11 nights. The staff was wonderful, helpful in every way, pleasant and accomadating to whatever I needed. The breakfasts that I enjoyed every day was always tasty and hot. I will certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 September 2010

Great to stay in a place with an actual working fitness room. I loved the breakfast menu, which included rice and miso soup! Thanks for tailoring to a wider demographics!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 2 September 2010

My husband and I and our two grandchildren flew on Alaska Airline to San Jose. We had to layover before going on to Los Angeles the next day. Luckily, we chose this hotel. The staff, all young attractive women, could not have been friendlier nor more accommodating. We were picked up at the airport, directed to a nearby restaurant, had one of the best breakfasts of any Holiday Inn the next morning. The hotel sold discount tickets for the Winchester House and we were taken there by the hotel shuttle. We were picked up later and returned to the hotel, collected our luggage and taken to the airport. The hotel is comfortable, well cared for and could not provide better service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This HIE could be the most cost effective hotel around bay area. And the room is clean and quiet. The internet access speed is good and you even could watch netflix or hulu. Anyway I like this place.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kronecker
MTV
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I came to Bay area for bussiess, Compared several HIEs near MTV, I'd like to stay a little far from Offie. I selected this HIE because the good hardware hera.The rooms are spacious and in good condition.It is also easy to receive package here.I also suggested some my colleagues here. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Atascadero, California
Reviewed 31 August 2010

We had a really good stay here. Everything was very nice, clean and the staff was very nice. It was quiet and the breakfast the next morning was very good. We would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family