“I left this place hungry, searching for a decent taqueria”
Review of Taqueria Vallarta

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taqueria Vallarta
Ranked #251 of 437 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Established in 1995 It has always been a dream to open a business of our own. When an opportunity opened up, we couldn't resist. Since we've been working we have made many friends throughout the years. Since we have started running it, it has always been managed by family. The food options has changed over the years, but the family has never changed. Taqueria Vallarta is a mom and pop restaurant which the chefs are the owners themselves. We use the freshest and fine ingredients for our food. We are here to serve you, If you need a speedy meal, we will try to get you in and out of there as quick as possible. In A Rush? Call in your orders to make your trip an even speeder one. Do not be afraid to leave you thoughts, opinions and recommendations. We take the time to read every comment and discuss ways to be better for you.
Pacific Northwest
“I left this place hungry, searching for a decent taqueria”
Reviewed 10 July 2008

I used to think this place was okay but recently I had a very bad experience here. I ordered Regular Nachos with meat, cheese, sour cream, guacomole and salsa. It was a little over 6 dollars after tax. If I had placed all the crumpled up pieces of chips together, I would say there was maybe 10 tortialla chips there. These 10 chips sat in a cardboard container 4 by 6 inches, 1 and a half inches deep. The size of my nachos explained why the cashier looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him to only put the guacamole and salsa on half of the nachos. You just can't divide things this small. Now I realize there is inflation, and the price of corn has gone up , but come on! I asked the manager what the deal was. He showed me the menu, and pointed out that I should have ordered the "Super Nachos", which was somewhere around 8 dollars.... I know restaurants have a better standard of food quality than fast food, but this little nachos would have costed 99 cents at taco bell... add in tips (which I did not leave)... ect... It just wasn't right. I would have to say that this place is way overpriced for what they give you. And above all Don't order the regular nachos.

San Jose, CA
“Good Casual Mexican Food”
Reviewed 14 April 2008

This taqueria is informal, but has good Mexican food. They are friendly and fast and have a very busy lunch hour, due to all the businesses in the area.