“Awesome Hotel”

Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 28 June 2013

After a long journey from northern California we were welcomed by the staff at the front desk and given the keys to our room. The room was nice and clean and very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen. The breakfast was one of the best that we have had when we have traveled in California. There was a nice selection of breakfast food and lots of it! The kitchen staff were especially friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool, but it looked nice and refreshing. The hotel is close to the freeway, but not so close that you hear traffic noise. This is one of our favorite hotels now and we plan to stay here whenever we are visiting friends and family in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

June, We are so glad you were able to enjoy so many wonderful aspects of our hotel. Our staff, breakfast and rooms are top notch! Cannot wait to see you in your future travels to the area! Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This Residence Inn is awesome! We travel to this area for work on a consistent basis and love staying here. The staff are always helpful and accommodating and go out of their way to make sure we are taken care off. It is always a good experience and we would not stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for making us your first choice when traveling to the area for business! We do our very best to make our guests feel comfortable and accommodate you to the best of our abilities! We look forward to your future stays!

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have a family of 5 and the Residence Inn is very accomadating. The breakfast was great and the rooms are spacious and clean. I was impressed with the staff and they were very good with my kids running around the hotel! I definitely will stay here again on our next family trip to Magic Mountain.

2  Thank Veronica P

Veronica, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel! Our large rooms are perfect for families, especially with children! Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay! We look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was my third and LAST stay in a Residence Inn.

My first stay was in Henderson Nevada. It was excellent with the best management, extremely clean suites and exceptional service for the two handicapped elders with whom we were traveling. Expecting the same service in other Marriott Residence Inns, I made the mistake of booking Marriott Residence Maingate in Anaheim (see my earlier review of that dirty, run-down dump) and also this Residence Inn in Santa Clarita.

We arrived with my 90+ year old mother around 1:00a.m. When we checked into the room I was overwhelmed by the extreme, choking odor from room freshener. The reason for the room freshener became abundantly clear when we opened the pull-out sofa. The mattress was caved in where there were blood and feces stains on one side and edge. We called the front desk. There was only person on duty, the front desk clerk, so there was nothing that could be done to remedy the situation. No other mattress available, no other rooms available.

We didn't want to risk our health by sleeping on a toxic waste mattress. My elderly mother had already fallen asleep or we would have immediately packed up and gone to another hotel even though it was almost 2 a.m. We requested additional sheets, folded up the sofa and slept on the sofa top with legs hanging over the edge. (DOESN'T THE SONG SAY, "OH WHAT A NIGHT" seem appropriate about now?)

Next morning we ventured to the breakfast room with trepidation because if housekeeping is that lax, what could the cooking/kitchen staff cleanliness standards include or exclude? The servers in that area were gracious but as another reviewer point out, plastic is the only service provided, how odd but I realize it saves on labor.

The front desk clerk told me rudely that the room had been discounted. Of course I asked for the manager. A discount was not enough. I wanted a total refund. Without bringing the manager forward, who should have offered profuse apologies and explanation, they then said the charge had been removed from my account.

When I wrote to the manager, I complained that his entire housekeeping staff was suspect in my opinion because they would make up a room with this absolutely unsafe blood and feces covered mattress that had been cleaned inadequately. If management allows for conditions that are unclean and toxic to which their guests or employees are exposed, they are not doing their job. I copied the same letter to Marriott Corporate.

As a long-time Marriott platinum awards member, I had expected Marriott quality and consistency. This Residence Inn does not meet Marriott standards that I have known over the years. I would have been better off staying anywhere else. I'm very glad we didn't get sick from exposure to this toxic mattress and room.

Manager, don't bother with a rebuttal. I have your letter in my Marriott file. No amount of excuses make up for that disgusting night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
RIFFISC, General Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. Although this is not the experience we expect our guests to have, we appreciate being informed so that all areas can be addressed with our team. Our entire team would like to apologize for not providing the experience we expect during your stay. If you have any additional feedback please contact me at 661.290.2800. Thanks.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our family of 5 stayed here on our way home from LA and stopped 1 day at Magic Mountain. The rooms were very spacious for 5, we had 2 queens, pull out sofa bed, and there was a mini kitchen. Since we were travelling for a whole week, and stayed at 4 different hotels, I found this one to have the most spacious room for our family. Also, I have to highly commend the breakfast staff, it was the best breakfast we had all week, and they were very friendly and helpful. Nice variety, fresh and healthy choices too. I enjoyed sitting in the lounge area in the mornings and sipping my coffee, and the pool area was very nice too. I would highly recommend it, and would stay there again.

2  Thank amy777
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Amy, Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. Our spacious rooms are a plus and are perfect for families traveling. Glad to hear you and your family feel the same way! Our breakfast and breakfast staff is phenomenal and always do their best to provide that awesome service and breakfast! We look forward to your future stays in the area!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Basic, clean, comfortable. Not a fine hotel, but I needed a place to stay near the freeway on a drive up California. I would stay here again. Very convenient to the freeway, about what you expect from a Residence Inn, decent Internet connection. A much better option than fighting LA traffic 30 minutes south.

I did not eat the free breakfast, so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Glad to hear we made your travels to the LA area alot easier due to our convenient location! We look forward to your future stays with us! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed overnight here prior to going to Magic Mtn. The 'oversized Studio' was very spacious (roomier than Embassy Suites). We have three teenagers and the studio had 2 queens and a pull-out queen. Breakfast was good (make your own Belgium waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, coffee, juice). Breakfast staff was very friendly. Room was very clean and updated. This hotel has a small outdoor basketball court. Free wi-fi. And for meals, Santa Clarita has every possible restaurant (casual, fast food, take-out, sit down).

1  Thank bstcal

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Looks like you were able to highlight all our best features from the spacious rooms to our breakfast to our location and everything in between! We look forward to you and your family's next travels to the area!