Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita
US$120
ComfortSuites
US$145
US$142
Best Western Valencia Inn(Santa Clarita)
US$157
BestWestern.com
US$133
Travelocity
Santa Clarita Motel(Santa Clarita)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$167
Travelocity
All reviewscinnamon rollssix flags magic mountainparking lotfree breakfastpancake makerhi expressroom was cleanvending machinetheme parkcookieshot tubwould stay here againmicrowave and fridgeeasy access to the freewaysofa bedhot breakfastexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is right across the road from Six Flags Theme Park. The rooms are clean, rates are low for the area and they provide free breakfast. They also have a business center that allows you to use their computer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TonyG1941
HIEMGTCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

TonyG1941,

Thank you for the great comments! We hope to be able to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We originally chose this hotel as we thought we would be visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain. As it was, our plans changed, and we didn't visit the theme park, but the location of this hotel is amazing- I could see the rollercoasters from our room!

Easy to find off the interstate, close to the theme park as well as a shopping centre. Our room was large, clean and came with a fridge and microwave which was an unexpected surprise. We arrived late after a long drive down Highway 1 and reception were very quick to check us in and even more helpful by giving us a list of restaurants who would deliver to the hotel- Papa Johns it was! We didn't even have to leave our room and the pizza was gratefully received.

Our very reasonable room rate (about £60?) also included breakfast which seems to be unusual in America- it was the only hotel out of 6 on our trip that included it in the rate. It was all you can eat in a relatively small dining room, but it wasn't a busy time when we went so we had no problem finding a seat- I imagine it may get busy early in the morning with theme park goers. There was a range of food, cereals, bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes and cinnamon rolls, then juice, tea and coffee. The only disappointment was the coffee, which just didn't taste great, but maybe it was just one off. Everything else was hot and tasty and set us up nicely for the day.

Great location and excellent, spacious rooms for the low price we paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank prettyconverse

Pretty Converse,

Thank you very much for your comments. Our Sales department loved your description of the pluses of the hotel! We look forward to you next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

After reading through the raving reviews for this hotel, I decided to book our two day stay, feeling like I had made a good purchase for my money. I specifically asked for a room as far away from their smoking rooms as possible, as I have a child with asthma & was told that wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, upon entering the hotel, we were hit with the instantaneous & overwhelming aroma of cigarette smoke which was drifting down the lower level hallway. Still, I was assured we would be given a room where we would be very far away from this disgusting smoke-filled aroma. We were given room 136, which is on the first floor. As we entered our room, we were again hit with a disgusting smell of cigarettes for which I was not pleased. As I looked around our room, I noticed that there was garbage on the floor, under the bed and what looked like food crumbs on the couch. In the bathroom, there was what looked to be pubic hair in the bathtub, hair on the ground around the sink and around the toilet, which, in my opinion is inexcusable considering the amount of money we were paying to stay at this hotel. My husband asked that I call the front desk & request a different room, so I walked to the bedside table telephone & instantly noticed more hair on the bed & pillows. I changed my mind on using the telephone for fear of what I might touch after picking up the handle & walked to the front desk instead. I very nicely explained the problems we discovered with our room & was met with an extremely rude female manager who told the front desk gentleman to move us to room 134. Being that we had just entered our original room, we didn't have much of anything to move to our 2nd room, so the change was made quickly. Upon entering room 134, we were again met with a pungent smell of cigarettes, as well as the extremely rude female manager and a female cleaning woman who were "checking" our room to make sure it was free of filth. Upon exiting, the female manager very rudely snapped at me with a very nasty look on her face, saying "hopefully this room will be up to your standards" and shut the door behind herself. My entire family was appalled by the filth in room 134, including my children who are usually too busy or distracted to notice these sort of things. The room looked as if it had not been vacuumed in weeks or months, food bits & crumbs all over the ground, food wrappers & garbage under the bed, along with a nerf ball belonging to a previous customer. The bathroom was so filthy, there was hair stuck to the walls & door jam, mold on the ceiling & walls, as well as thick dark soot around the air vent, stains on the curtains, rust on the bathroom fixtures & towel bar, hair on the walls inside the shower stall, and some sort of pink & grey liquid spattered & dried on the walls, etc... I was curious as to just how filthy the room really was, so I took a damp white washcloth from the towel bar and ran it down the bathroom wall. My findings were shocking & alarming, as the washcloth was black/dark grey after one swipe of the wall! My husband was tired of dealing with the issues in the hotel & we were in a hurry to get to reservations we had with friends, so we decided to try to deal with filth by stopping by the local grocery store and picked up a few cleaning supplies (this is something I have NEVER in my life EVER had to do, nor would I ever done this if we weren't so pressed for time on this trip!!). The bathroom was so disgusting, we wore our flip-flops when showering and wore shoes in our room to avoid coming into contact with whatever disgusting objects were on the carpet. As for the "complimentary breakfast", the pancakes were so hard you could NOT cut through them with a plastic fork! We threw out the gross plate of food & opted instead for a real breakfast across the parking lot at Denny's. As for the pool, my children discovered several plastic drinking cups & a handful of hair clips on the steps of the swimming pool, as well as throughout deep/shallow end of the swimming pool! Overall, I would have to say this hotel rates as the absolute WORST hotel experience we have ever had and we will NEVER be staying here again. As a matter of fact, my husband & I are considering discontinuing our membership to this hotel chain & will be writing a letter to Holiday Inn corporate thanks to the extremely rude behavior of management at the Santa Clarita location, along with the overwhelmingly disgusting conditions our family was subjected to this week!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank eb_oregon
ValenciaTeam, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

eb_oregon,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a survey for our hotel. We are sorry that your experience did not match the many others that have also taken the time to review our hotel. We are taking each issue reported and going through them with everyone involved.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

A couple selling points for this hotel... Less than 1 mile from Magic Mountain. Clean room. It is, as expected, very average. Not bad for the price though.

Some things to consider before booking. Limited parking with a Denny's in the parking lot. You cannot rent movies through the TV as you can in 99% of hotels. This was a real downer for the kids. Pool area is clean and kids enjoyed it but there are not many chairs.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance, and a Starbucks, but for better selection, stores, etc. you'll have to drive ~1 mile.

Breakfast was included, but options were limited and food was marginal. I have to say this was the WORST coffee I have ever had. It had an odd smell and weird aftertaste. Go to Starbucks if you can!

Room Tip: Beware, the doors to the stairways at the end of the hall slam shut and are LOUD
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank J G
ValenciaTeam, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

J G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate letting us know what you enjoyed and what you would like to see improved. We will take all of these suggestions to continue to make each stay an ejoyable one.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

we would stay here again and again, the hotel was very clean and easy to find, the beds were so comfortable and the breakfast was awesome, the pool and hot tub were amazing, the staff was very helpful and polite, overall the entire stay was great.

Room Tip: there all good
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UNCLEJARHEAD
ValenciaTeam, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

UncleJarhead,

Thank you for staying with us on your stay here in the area and we are pleased to hear that the hotel and staff were excellent during your stay. Thank you and we look forward to having you here again.