“Best Breakfast in SCV”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The service is friendly and the food is delicious! I've honestly never had a bad meal and we go almost every weekend.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First and foremost, this place is popular and parking is a big problem. Secondly, the food is really solid and extremely flavorful. The omelet menu is overwhelming and I really wanted to indulge but we got there around noon so I went with the Chinese Chicken Salad while I watched the rest of our group go breakfast crazy. The salad was about what you would hope for. The cabbage was crisp and fresh and the crispy tortilla strips were tasty and the dressing was neither too sweet or too tart. My wife had the strawberry stuffed french toast and opted to not add any syrup as it tasted so good with just the fruit. My little boy just wanted a hamburger and there was none on the menu, so the restaurant improvised and made something up and now I'm a little bent that I didn't order what he ordered. Really fun and the wait staff was accommodating and fun.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Known for their numerous omelets, they are gluten friendly. The GF bread was quite tasty. Service was quite good with a friendly server. It was packed when we arrived and when we left. They did not take reservations for small groups but will put your name on the list 30 minutes ahead if you walk up

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We went to the Egg Plantation on our way to Six Flags Magic Mountain since it is only 10 minutes away.
The omelet with banana, bacon and sugar was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had!
Service was very friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We live in Van Nuys so trekking up to the Santa Clarity Valley just for brunch isn’t the most convenient thing in the world, but we are brunch fanatics and after discovering the menu for Egg Plantation online (advertising 101 delicious omelets), we decided we had better consider it a destination restaurant, piled in the car and we were on our way.

The place was crowded as one would expect the best brunch places to be on a Sunday morning (ok it might have been noon...) While we were waiting for our table we witnessed a man, who may have been homeless approach the restaurant...rather than being shooed away, the hostess asked him to wait a moment and she came out with a sandwich packaged to go for him. It felt good to see this.

We had the Peanut Butter Stuffed French toast which my wife described as “Awesome.” It was a half order which was enormous enough...tasted like a peanut butter sandwich with French Toast as the bread. (Read that sentence again...it’s worth it...) They accommodated her with apples as a side instead of the meat it normally came with and the apples complemented the dish very well.

I ordered the 87 Omelette (made with egg whites) which included apples, bananas, honey and cinnamon. The egg whites were cooked perfectly but the ingredients were folded into the omelet after cooking so it wasn’t quite as cohesive a dish as I would have liked. (It was still good though.)

We had the O’brien potatoes (which my spell check somehow changed to “Obedient” potatoes in my notes...I’ll let you use your imagination there...). They were pretty good but we saw their hash browns delivered to another table and they REALLY looked good...about an inch thick, perfectly crispy looking on the outside. The visual made us wish we’d ordered those instead.

Our food also came with a home-made biscuit which was very good...could have been baked slightly longer but still enjoyed it...they even brought honey with the biscuit without us asking for it which makes incredible sense to me! Biscuit, honey, butter..mmmm.

The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating...they even brought our 3 year old a sample of their granola to see if he’d like it when it turned out they didn’t have the Raisin Bran he’d hoped for. They also had pretty good looking Bloody Mary's - Not that we usually drink those - but they looked appealing.

We had a great experience at Egg Plantation and if we lived in the Santa Clarita Valley we’re pretty sure they’d know as by name there.

For more reviews from a vegetarian perspective visit Rick and Addie's Vegetarian Food Blog at http://poetrysuperhighway.com/vfb