Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia
US$129
US$113
Hampton.com
US$131
Hyatt Regency Valencia(Santa Clarita)
US$153
  • Pool
Best Western Valencia Inn(Santa Clarita)
US$141
US$128
BestWestern.com
US$145
US$142
Santa Clarita Motel(Santa Clarita)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$92
US$347
US$167
Travelocity
US$145
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevening receptionmagic mountainsix flagsmanagers receptionseparate bedroommade to order breakfasthash brownsfrench toastliving areabusiness parkomeletcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentgreat place to stayla areawe've stayedoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I took my son here for a trip to Magic Mountain. First of all, the access to the freeway and close proximity to Magic Mountain was great. There was also a Starbucks and Walmart close by which was extremely convenient.

The hotel rooms are a nice size. I like the extra space provided by the separate seating area with an extra TV, and having the microwave and mini fridge are convenient. However, I thought the website said there were 2 queen beds, and I'm certain they were smaller than queen. It would have been an issue if we needed to fit more than one person per bed. The cleanliness of the room was just ok.

The hotel serves a complimentary hot breakfast that was pretty good. Be prepared to stand in a long line if you want anything cooked-to-order, but I can't complain about free food. On the other hand, the dinner food served at the restaurant was over-priced and not good at all. I left dinner hungry and ate snacks in my room.

My biggest complaint is about the customer service. After checking into my room, I discovered that the toilet was clogged. I called the front desk and they sent up a girl who kindly handed us the hotel plunger wrapped in a plastic bag and turned around and walked away. I called and explained to them that I didn't clog the toilet and I wasn't going to plunge it with their plunger that most likely had the fecal matter of hundreds of previous hotel guests splashed all over it, and they reluctantly sent up someone to plunge the toilet.

Finally, on our last day at the hotel, house keeping knocked on my door at 8:00am and woke me up. Hotel check out is at 11:00am. I found this to be extremely rude and unnecessary. Typically, people go on vacation to relax, rest and even sleep in. They don't want to be woken up by house keeping.

Overall, it was not a great experience. I won't stay at an Embassy Suites in the future, and I would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Knjoseph22
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room size is great, food choices were less than other ES's. Proximity to park is good making it a good choice for trips to Magic Mountain. Business travelers may want to stay at Hyatt for simiiar cost.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We attended a wedding in Santa Clarita, so this hotel was within a 10-minute drive of the church. Many of the guests were there for Magic Mountain, and we saw many children. I rated this hotel high because:
• Hotel was newer, and was not tired and worn, like some of the Hilton properties.
• Check-in was prompt and courteous
• My reservation was exact, including the extra down pillows I had requested
• The room was very clean
• The air conditioner worked fantastically
• The room was quiet — we heard NOTHING, not even other guest’s doors slamming in the morning, which is quite common in hotels
• The cooked to order breakfast was delicious
• The staff was friendly

Several downsides:
• They charge for parking, even though this is not a downtown urban hotel. It appears that Hilton is extending this policy to non-urban hotels just to make extra money from their guests. There was plenty of parking on the cul-de-sac street that was the same distance to the front door, so we declined the parking pass.
• The “manager’s reception” in many Embassy Suites has degraded to chips and salsa, pretzel/nut/cracker snack mix, and drinks. We saw some folks with fruit, but it appeared to be gone before we arrived in the last 30 minutes of the reception. They did not keep the reception restocked.
• The coffee at the manager’s reception was quite good, as we asked for it, and it came out of the kitchen. The coffee at breakfast came from a self-service machine and was quite weak.

But the bottom line is that I would stay there again if I were in this area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor (top floor). It was VERY quite and peaceful, and we had a view of the pool courtyard from our windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Bad room service smell and noises coming out of my sink springs missing in our pullout bed bartender not friendly at all. first time we have experienced this at an Embassy Suites. we have stayed all over California and have had great experiences Downey Ca, was great San Francisco was great San luis obispo was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Sergio T
Valenciagm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Sergio,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your room and the service you received. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Kind Regards,

Ron Carter

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here for business six different times between February and May of 2014 and every time the made to order breakfast was absolutely fantastic! The cooks were friendly, but their system allowed for the orders to be made very quickly, avoiding any long delays which was helpful to me as I don't like to get up earlier than I have to. :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business