“YOU COULDN'T PAY ME TO STAY HERE AGAIN.”

Travelodge Santa Clarita/Valencia
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Mesa, Arizona
“YOU COULDN'T PAY ME TO STAY HERE AGAIN.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Travelodge will try to scam you. The staff only gave us the rate we were quoted after we refused to pay more. They agreed to float a reservation for a room until the next day then charged us for the unused room anyway. The sheets had burn holes and the bedspread was ripped. The room made my eyes burn and my clothes reek. Front desk called our room at 11:15pm asking for us to come down and sign a receipt then became irate when we suggested signing in the morning at checkout. Zero Star Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BAILEY617

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
San Leandro, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

Booked this motel thru hotwire for our trip to Six Flags.What a mistake first off this dump is at least fifteen minutes away from six flags and the manager/owner was a complete lunatic. I arrived at this motel with my 12 yr old daughter to an empty parking lot, as soon as we walked up to the front office we noticed the pool, it was so small and shallow our 100 dollar quick set up pool was larger. Walk into the 100 degree lobby to the managers infant daughter screaming.Great just want to get to our room to relax.After asking what there was to do in Santa Clarita to a response of a screaming child and nothing go see a movie i received my room key.Ok me thinking this thing can't get much worse went thru the horrible decorated lobby to our room.Opened the door and saw one bed,ok my daughter and I are close but come on I'm not gonna sleep in the same bed as my 12 year old, so walked back to the lobby and was told by the manager that I had to contact Hotwire she couldnt switch the room for me.Come on there must have been maybe two to three rooms booked in this dump throw me a bone but NO.Finally after a few words with the manager she used the f word at me and told me she was gonna cancel my reservation and throw my daughter and myself out into the 100 degree heat. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place its dirty, poorly decorated, and the staff is extremely RUDE.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank hassled1_10

Travellers are raving about these Santa Clarita hotels

San Marcos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

There were not allot of choices when I was looking for a place to stay while in Santa Clarita for work. However, I found the travel lodge and while I prefer the Four Seasons most of the time this did have wifi and allowed a late check out to help me with my crazy work schedule.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Deming, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

loved my stay at this hotel. everything was just so convienent, as we walked in the check-in was a quick process with wonderful staff. we walked into the room loved it, seemed as if they recently just had remodeled that place and also recieved a phone call from the front desk to see if everyting was good, loved the service and the continental breakfast in the morning =)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2009

I traveled to Santa Clarita with friends on a road trip to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain.
We are young and it doesn't take much to impress us and we are fairly easy to accomodate.
However, The Travelodge at santa clarita is not a good choice AT ALL! We even debated about staying at the Super 8 motel next door that looked better but we already booked our hotel.

WHY IS THIS HOTEL HORRIBLE?
- The room keys ALWAY deactivate and we had to go up to the front desk all the time.
- The room is old and the comforters don't look like they have been cleaned.
- The window screens are broken and don't fit the window properly
- The Air Conditioner smells funny when you turn it on
- The shower drains don't work.

Normally we wouldn't even be this fussy but this was rediculous! On our first night, we were put into a room. We then went out to the pool and started swimming. As we were swimming we noticed a sign that said the pool was closed. We then went to the front desk and asked about the sign. The clerk told us that it was drained and re-filled and that it was safe except the sign couldn't be removed, which scared us, until it was approved. BASICALLY the pool was not approved by the state to be safe. Then, when we went back to our room, the key worked but the door wouldn't open. So we went back up to the front desk and a clerk came down. She couldn't get the door to open at first and even asked us if a window was open in our room! She did eventually get it open though after some fighting with the door.

Our stay has not been a good one and that is saying something when we are easy to please.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank lcinpdx
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

The beds were comfortable but the rooms need major upgrades, actually the whole hotel. The bathtub walls were cracked and the molding was coming off in both rooms I rented and the coffeemakers did not work. I needed to use my laptop but could not connect to their “Free Wi-Fi” system, which was a problem for both my son and I. My brother found used condoms and other garbage under his bed; I didn’t look under the bed’s in my room. For the complementary breakfast there were a few things out but the coffeemaker did not work there either, there was juice though.
As we were only staying there 3 nights it was not worth the hassle to find another hotel as we just using the room to sleep and shower.

• Liked — The beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Wi-Fi did not work and the rooms need to be cleaned better.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank redheadAug45
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

This was by far the biggest dump I've ever stayed in. I was traveling alone with my daughter (to visit family) and ended up sleeping on my relatives couch after staying only one night at this hotel. At night there was a group of guys sitting on mattresses stacked in the back of the parking lot drinking. The hotel had two security guys standing in the parking lot all night long??? The next couple of nights drove by hotel on the way to relatives house and low and behold they were still there. The bed was worst than sleeping on springs alone. The paneling in the bathroom area was hanging down. I wouldn't even recommend my worst enemy to stay there.

Stayed July 2008