“Pretty good for a motel”

Santa Clarita Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were on a family trip from LA headed to Yosemite and decided to stay here our first night to get a head start on car ride to Yosemite the following morning. Was very reasonably priced and had recent good reviews on Tripadvisor. Overall, our family was fine with the accomodations. Cleaning was okay and room didn't feel "dirty" or anything. Walmart and other shopping about 10 minutes away by car. I gave it a 4-star rating since I would consider it slighly "above average" for a motel under $100 per night.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Ok, let me start with the train issue. My family stayed here for 5 nights during the last week of July 2013. Yes it is across from train tracks. Trains goes by on schedule 11:00 at night and just before 7:00 in the morning. Once it went through around 4:00 in the morning. I slept through that one and I'm a light sleeper! But it woke my wife up temporarily. Our room was at the upstairs rear of the property so we barely heard it the other times. I'm sure if you're by the street side it would be much louder. Now the traffic issue. Yes, there is a main street right in front. It is pretty busy during the day as it is a thoroughfare from one side of town to the other. However, it quiets down dramatically after 7:00 pm and does not get busy until 7:30 in the morning! Street noise is NOT an issue between those times !!! Rooms are comfortable, clean and very quiet! Big plus in my eyes ! Beds are great. A/C is a little noisy when it kicks on cool but not too bad. Office had danish and coffee in morning. Pretty basic, no frills. Parking is a bit tight if you have a large truck or SUV. Rooms were full but hardly any noise from tenants. Easy to and back from Magic Mountain is a big plus. Make only one turn to it and the same on the way back. No riffraff that I could see during our stay there, it's in a small business area. This would not make it on my must stay list but for tight budgets, it's not bad. You must drive a few miles to get some decent eats but what the heck. No pool for your info only. They do have WIFI. Get your fuel at Alliance gas station on Lyons St, just a few blocks away.They accept credit cards at the pump. It's the cheapest in and around town. Of you're going to Universal Studios, Don't bother leaving before 9:30 A.M. Traffic is a nightmare here so wait until the commute dies down. You won't get there any sooner if you had left earlier. You would end up spending time on the freeway inching along. However, going to Magic Mountain is ok since you are right there if you want leave early. You'll get there in about fifteen minutes from your motel! Check park hours for opening time though. Parking is open earlier. My photos of room attached.

Room Tip: Try to get upstairs rear for less noise from area.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was skeptical about the reviews because the price I recieved was so good. But I arrived very late check in was at 3pm but we got there at 12:30am. The man that helped me was so nice!!! And tgen when I entered the room it was soooo beautiful. I couldn't belive the price I got for that room. It reminded me of a mariot or a hilton suite!!! Slept like a baby the bed and bedding were so comfy. I never sleep in and I slept till10:30am ( that's late for me)!! I have season passes to six flags so I will be back to this hotel. They even printed me out places to go for breakfast is that area because we were not aware of places to go. GOOD VALUE!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Staff is the friendliest staff I have ever seen. My schedule did not allow me to book a room for the 8 consecutive days I am here, and the staff has been awesome in getting a room every night that I need one.Rooms are freshly remodeled and beds are very comfortable. Minutes from Magic Mountain. This Motel is a gem and is the best value in the area. Highly recommend Santa Clarita Motel

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was my second stay in the last 7 months (out of necessity) at this motel and the same desk clerk (man) checked me in both times. On July 20, 2013 and last December the front desk clerk was not helpful, welcoming or friendly either time. The motel policy states on their web site that check-in starts at 1 PM. I arrived around that time and was told the room was not ready. It was still being cleaned and to come back in about an hour. When I came back, it was ready. When I was there last December, I noticed rooms being cleaned even into the early evening.

On July 20, 2013 the front desk clerk told me check-in is at 2 PM, not 1 PM even though I told him when I booked it, their polciy stated 1 PM. He did NOT care. I had driven 7 hrs. from AZ and needed to use the restroom. Since my room was not ready, I asked if there was one I could use. The desk clerk said there was none. I asked the person cleaning my room if I could use a restroom somewhere, and she said (in English) that she did not speak English even though she apparently understood me. I'm sure if I should happen to be even 1 minute late checking OUT, they would have charged me, yet for the inconvenience of not being able to check IN according to their 1 PM policy, they offered nothing to help, not even the use of the office restroom!

From their web site: Policies of Santa Clarita Motel
Check in

1:00 PM - 11:30 PM hours

Check out

11:00 AM - 11:30 AM hours

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive around 1 PM for check-in, you may be waiting a couple of hours to get into you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here two nights as we were visiting Magic Mountain. It's about a 5 minute drive to the amusement park. The room was clean and comfortable. They don't have a full fledged breakfast but they do have danishes available and coffee. Super value for this area. My wife was even able to do laundry during our visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I travel all over California for business and this has to be one of the best hotels, if not the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I am not one to write reviews and all either, but had such an amazing experience i just could not resist. For the price of 70 some dollars, my room had a work desk, very good wi-fi, the best bed I've ever laid my head on and decent water pressure in the shower. The room had such a nice decor it almost didn't even feel like a hotel room. IMO you cant ask for much from a hotel room and considering every other hotel in the area charges anywhere from 100-150/ night, this is a steal.
Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business