“My critique of this hotel”

Santa Clarita Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Stockton, California
“My critique of this hotel”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

First off , I stayed on a Tuesday night . Location , about ten mins(with traffic lights) away from interstate 5. , also ten from 134 hwy. nice property for a hotel , average . Nice staff , efficient , quick , friendly, also assertive . Rooms 203 , no elevators because it's just 2 stories .

room was lined w soft carpet , beds comfortable and soft . Matresses was not firm it was soft , excellent fluffy sheets and pillows . I could of confused it w my bed at home , it was that comforting. Bathroom Nicely tiled, nice shower curtain too.

Coolest thing about the room : light up shower head that glows and changed color while you showered.
Hair dryer. Fridge , and microwave

TV !!! The tv had like 150 Chs plus . Most little hotels get only like 20.
Nice samsung flat screen attached to a moveable tv mount .
Remote on its way out.needs replacing

Ac worked great , not noisy.

Location 10 mins from freeways ,5 min drive to a huge cool , nice Westfield mall :) , and loads of restaurants , 10 min drive to magic mountain .
Next to train tracks , every now and then you'll heR a train but I fell asleep again.

Soda/ machines/ laundry

2 soda machines . Cans . 1$ eCh
Washer and dryer , and soaps/ detergents .

Overall , great stay .

Room Tip: The deluxe Rooms Aren't that much different , just higher in pride .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TeresaF952

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Healdsburg, CA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is one of the least expensive motels in the entire Santa Clarita Valley...but very nicely appointed. Clean. Some reviews complained about the nearby train noise, but we were unbothered. It is in an industrial section of Newhall, close to everything in the SCV. I visit the area often; this is definitely my go-to lodging from now on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the rear if you are sensitive to road and train noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CaliforniaFellow
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We will recommend this hotel to everyone after staying here in March 2014. The motel is very clean, spacious and decorated nicely. We had a full size fridge to keep our food in and the bed was very comfy. It only took us 45 minutes to get to downtown LA. Stay here if you want an affordable, comfy and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room was closest to the main road, and it was still quiet at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank libbiroed
Renton, Washington
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our Mission Team reserved 4 rooms for our journey back to Seattle from Mexicali on February 23, 2014. Due to extra time crossing the border, we arrived 4 hours later than expected! I had called and let them know we were running late and Mick assured us that it was no problem! When we finally arrived at 10pm, he had the paper work ready and got us all checked in our rooms very quickly! ALL 4 rooms were sooooo nice! The details and furnishings in the rooms were more like a resort style, like the our timeshares! The rooms were super clean. Although they don't offer a breakfast, they do provide coffee at 8am. Unfortunately for the coffee drinkers in our group, we were up and heading out at 6:30am. The only con in staying here is the road noise, perhaps they can seal the doors better and that might help. It is on a busy highway, but other than that, it was great!!! We'll be keeping this place on our list to go to again! Thanks Santa Clarita Hotel! <><

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room farthest from the road. Since we all had nice rooms, I am assuming all the of ro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank byFaithDesign
Pauma Valley, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I am a 73 year old lady. who was driving alone from Sacramento to San Diego over Thanksgiving. I made a reservation @ Santa Clarita Motel because of the favorable reviews on several websites. I told the gentleman on the phone that I cannot use stairs due to arthritis. He told me the better rooms were on the first floor. I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised! Room 102 was very clean, very nicely furnished with a large microwave and large refrigerator, and an incredibly comfortable bed. I will definitely stay there again if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: I was told the rooms on the lower floor are better.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mebetutu
Palmdale
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I checked in to the Santa Clarita motel on February 1. It was late so we asked the young man who was checking us in if we could have a late check out and he very kindly said yes . He set us up with noon check out for the next day. We entered the office at 11:55 to check out and an older gentleman rudely said CHECK OUT IS AT ELEVEN. We explained the situation but he hinted that he was going to charge us extra. This was our third time staying here and up until now We were pleased with the motel. In the future we plan on staying elsewhere. No matter the cost per night all hotels should treat their guests with respect and show professionalism.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jack B
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 January 2014

What a pleasant surprise! Got the King bed, Room 206. The room was clean and large, with a small 2-seater couch. Walking in the door I immediately noticed that the room actually smelled clean, and THEN had been lightly scented. Not scented to cover smell. I was immediately impressed. The decor in the room was well done. The bathroom was clean, towels were spotless. The bed was quite comfortable. Refrigerator and microwave are provided. Room and bathroom decor were nicely done. I was actually impressed to find this level of quality at a "motel" that was so reasonably priced. Wifi isn't the greatest, but it does connect and gets the basic job done. Don't expect to be streaming video. There is a small vending and ice area. If you want a nice place to stay for the evening, this motel is a great choice. If you want all kinds of "extras" that go beyond the room, you might want to consider another place, but...you would be passing up a nice room. Others have mentioned about trains, but I did not notice the sound of one train during my stay. And yes, there is morning traffic, but nothing that disturbed my sleep or experience. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: I was in Room 206 for $70/night. It's a really beautiful and clean room with a small 2-seater co...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends