“Nice hotel, small rooms, awesome breakfast”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is quite pricey, at $150 a night and up. The rooms were small but the bed was comfortable, breakfast was delicious, close to shops and restaurants. Overall nice. Breakfast time can get very crowded and roudy in this hotel but I guess it's expected since a lot of theme park visitors stay here. Overall enjoyed my stay here

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hello Cherry90210,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your stay with us! I’m happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us even though it happened to be a busy time at the hotel. We always try our best to accommodate large groups by adding additional seating in the lobby or open up our meeting room for overflow searing. I also like the fact that you were pleased with the proximity of our hotel to Six Flags Magic Mountain. This is only a few miles away so that makes the Hampton Inn an ideal spot to stay when visiting the park.

We all look forward welcoming you back soon when traveling to Santa Clarita/Six Flags!

Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This seems like a pretty new property. As usual it was up to the Hampton usual good standard of clean. Breakfast was good, lots of choices. Hampton beds are always good. We had a couple of issues, and they were taken care of by the staff very quickly and positively. Good location. Several restaurants nearby. This was a good last stop before heading north. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Hello shelley p,

I like to apologize for the fact that you had some issues during your stay, but I’m very pleased to hear that my front desk team was able to offer you quick and sound resolutions! Our hotel is actually one of the first Hampton hotels and we opened in 1988. We always took good care of the building and the guest rooms to ensure that we stay current and modern. The hotel was last renovated about 4 years ago, and we worked hard on keeping everything clean and fresh. Our beds and mattresses have been replaced about 8 months ago and I receive many compliments from guests who would like to find out where they can actually purchase one of our beds!

We look forward to welcoming you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hampton Inn provides a comfortable, consistent experience for the road weary traveler. Every time I stay at Hampton Inn I know that I will have a clean, comfortable room, with courteous and professional staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Katherine L.

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! Hampton is one of the fastest growing brands within the Hilton family. The reason for this is that Hampton is able to provide consistent service and quality and this is what our guests are looking for. As a loyal Hampton traveler you should feel at home at any of our hotels because we are all in business with the exact same purpose; to help create memorable experiences worth sharing! We like to call this “Hamptonality”. Therefore I’m very pleased that we were able to provide you with the same consistent service you have come to expect from Hampton!

Thank you so much for you loyalty and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I only have good things to say about the Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check-in early and they gave us a quiet room on the 4th floor facing the pool. The room was comfortable and clean. The property is close to everything--food, gas, Magic Mountain. Breakfast was great with hot food, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, coffee. Better than the usual fare you get in most hotels. We would definitely stay there again.

Hello Sheryl D,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m very happy that my staff took great care of you and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. We offer many different options so everyone will find something they like; from bacon and potatoes to soy/almond milk and fresh fruit!

Please come visit us again in the near future when visiting Santa Clarita!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We didn't stay here to go to Magic Mountain. We actually stayed here after leaving Disneyland and before driving home to the central valley.

The rooms are fresh and new. The hallway HSAs not been upgraded yet and looks older. The front desk has the new fresh backdrop with city name and location.

First time redeeming my HiltonHonors rewards.
No fee for parking (standard for most Hamptons).
I was guest for the day... Fun... Got a goodie bag and front row parking right next to the Diamond level parking spaces.
Room was away from elevator and street... Perfect.

2  Thank NinaCa
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello NinaCa,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita and for your loyalty to Hilton and HHonors! I always like welcoming guests who booked a reward stay because I feel honored that they selected our hotel to redeem their hard earned HHonors points. I also believe strongly that you should enjoy your reward stay as many guests use these points for leisure purposes because they travel a lot for work. I’m happy we were able to offer you an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked being our Guest of the Day! On behalf of my entire team I like to thank you again for your loyalty as this means a lot to us! Please come and stay with us again in the future when travels bring you to the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one was pretty familiar. The location was convenient to quite a lot with a rental car. The room was clean and had a pretty standard layout, though it was lacking any drawers (which was a bummer!) I liked the fact that I had a small fridge and microwave, though I found myself less inclined to eat leftovers with an In-N-Out just across the street. Breakfast was hot and the fruit was wonderfully fresh, but the seating is pretty cramped and we had to contend with several large groups that were a bit more boisterous than I'm used to at a Hampton. All in all, it met my Hampton expectations.

The biggest bummer was the internet connection. I'm a web developer and require a moderately available network to be able to do my work at all hours. With several youth track and baseball teams staying on site on Saturday night, the internet slowed to an absolute crawl from about 6pm to 11pm and cost me hours of billable work. Whether the hotel lacks a sufficient connection to adequately support all the guests with devices, or they need to impose per-room connection limits so everyone can get a fair amount of data, something has to be done.

Room Tip: Try to get the back of the hotel. The front faces I-5.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hello Bugfreak1,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us! I’m happy that you enjoyed our breakfast facility even though we had a high volume of guests during the days of your stay. Hilton recently made some changes to our internet set-up so all guests have the option between complimentary internet or premium internet (at a small premium). Next time you experience some connectivity or speed issues please contact the Front Desk as we are able to help you log in with different access codes that may work better for you. The entire bandwidth has been doubled as of last month, so we should be able to offer a high quality internet network.

Again, thank you for your feedback and let us know if there was anything else we could have done better during your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay and have already recommended this hotel to a couple of my friends. Clean and relaxing atmosphere! I personally loved that during my stay I received a call to the room by and employee to see if I needed anything. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Steven B,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita for your recent visit to the Santa Clarita Valley! I’m very happy that we were able to offer you an enjoyable stay with us! My agents like to call the guests they have checked in to check on the comfort and quality of their room, so we will be able to correct any issues you may have right away!

We all hope welcoming you back soon at Hampton!