“Pretty good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
San Jose, California
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked a room for an overnight stay for our trip to Universal Studios from San Jose.

We arrived late but they even accommodated our prior request for a high floor and room away from I-5. They were booked for the evening.

We had a problem with getting into our room. Neither of the two cardkeys worked. When I went downstairs, they reencoded our keys and everything worked fine. The seemed really concerned, so they sent a front desk person up with me to my room to make sure everything was ok. It was. I thought that was a nice touch to correct a problem.

Overall a clean, nice hotel with a great staff.

Pros:
- Clean, modern rooms with fridge, micro.
- Plenty of convenient USB charging ports and 110V outlets.
- soft towels! I don't think I've been to a hotel that used fabric softener on their bath towels. What a plesant surprise from the "scratchy skin graters" they normally have at most hotels.
- Great AC
- Feather pillows
- Nice white high-end comforters
- Decent sheets
-Friendly, great staff.

Cons:
- Hard beds in my opinion
- Not enough light control for the windows, we always had light coming through the sides of the shade. There was no other curtain to block the light

Overall, very nice. I'll be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello Ed W

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor! I’m sorry that you had issues with your room keys when you checked in. This is not something you want to deal with when you finally have arrived at your hotel so this can be very inconvenient. I’m happy my agent went up to the room to ensure that the new keys were working fine! I also like the fact that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and the quality of our linen. Last summer we installed new Serta Mattresses in the entire hotel and although most people really love them, they may be a little firm for others.

Thanks again for your wonderful feedback and we all hope welcoming you back soon!

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
las vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location if you are visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain. The property itself is very clean and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating upon check in and check out. I thought it was a nice touch for the front desk to call us after we checked in to see how the room was and if we needed anything in addition. Throughout our stay, the front desk staff remembered our names and always acknowledged us as we walked by. Overall, I personally felt welcomed at this property, not ignored. From hereon, we plan on staying at this particular property whenever we are in town. It's a good choice and great location.

1 Thank tomandbrandy
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hello tomandbrandy,

Thank you for your positive review of the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! We really try hard to make sure each stay is as comfortable as possible and therefore my staff will always inquire about your experience with us when you check out. The information we gather from this gives us great insight on what we should change or what needs to be implemented in order to improve the overall service we have to offer. I’m also happy that my staff is focused on remembering names because this will help creating this home-away-from home atmosphere we like to offer.

Thanks again for the time sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Sacramento CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was clean and comfortable but the best part was the friendly reception that we got when we arrived and every time that we came back thru the lobby. They even went out of their way to find us a place to play cards. The breakfast had quite a few options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello KatyDe

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m very happy to hear that my front desk agents took good care of you and were able to assist you with a space to play cards! We always try to make each stay as comfortable as possible, and it’s always great to receive positive feedback like this! Thanks again for staying with us and hopefully we will see you back soon!

Twin Falls, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything was great. I would stay there again. Room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. Room was very comfortable and had plenty of room. They provided a variety of choices for their breakfast. The staff kept it full and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Marshell S

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! We all hope welcoming you back soon when travels bring you to Santa Clarita.

Henley Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were visiting from Australia and chose this hotel as a stopover due to its close proximity to Six Flags Magic Mountain and other TripAdvisor reviews.

Its everything you want in a Hotel, clean, comfortable and great service.

By the way, the breakfast is perfectly fresh and exactly what you expect from this standard of property, those who complain are just cheeky probably expecting a 5 star buffet at 3 star prices.
We will have no hesitation in recommending this property.

Hello David S

Thank you for your favorable review of your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m delighted that you selected our hotel for your stopover based on other reviews you read on TripAdvsior! I’m also very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast selection! Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back at Hampton Inn!

Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here a while back and really enjoyed it so we returned for the 4th of July weekend.. From the outside, it appears a bit older. Inside it is clean, comfortable and friendly service.
Our room was on the second floor near facing the parking lot. A bit of noise from people who love to beep their horn alarm continually, but otherwise quiet.

check in was easy and the staff was friendly. We are not priority members, so we didn't get the "extra" friendly treatment that I saw others get.

Breakfast was well stocked, and lots of seating. Coffee was quite terrible, tasted burnt,
This hotel is close to freeway, and eating. In and Out is across the street, Outback , Mc Donalds and Denny's are within walking distance. Wal Mart is about a mile away .

Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello Jobgirl2009,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! I sincerely apologize if you feel like you did not receive any special treatment because you were not associated with HHonors. Although we love welcoming back HHonors guests, we also like to welcome our guests who don’t always stay with Hilton! Therefore it should not make any difference and you should expect the same warm welcome. Thank you for bringing this up so we will be able to address this with the team. I’m very pleased to find out that besides the check in process you had an enjoyable stay with us! We all hope welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this Santa Clarita Hampton Inn over the 4th of July weekend. My original reservation was for 2 nights after a thorough Trip Advisor search. We had originally planned to go to Six Flags and this hotel is only one exit away. However, my kids (7 and 10) really wanted to go to Legoland to try their new waterpark and I needed to change my reservation last minute. The front desk guest service representative, Matthew C., went out of his way to call his manger (on a holiday) to assist me in altering my reservations. He then spoke on the phone to a Hilton Honors representative to make sure that my points were credited. I have stayed at many 5 star resorts and I cannot say that I've ever received such excellent customer service! My room was clean and comfortable. Our kids enjoyed the outdoor pool and it was really convenient to have a free, fresh hot breakfast available in the morning. Lot's of great breakfast choices. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly and would stay here again in a heartbeat. Bravo!

WanderlustMama55,

I’m happy my agent Matthew was able to accommodate your request to leave one day early and refund your HHonors points! We understand that travel plans can change and we like to help out as much as we can to accommodate our guests! Your comments about the service you received from my front desk team were very much appreciated by the team and reviews like the one you wrote are very rewarding to them! Thanks again for taking the time to respond on Tripadvisor!