“BY FAR, THE BEST HAMPTON I'VE EVER STAYED AT”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Fresno, California
“BY FAR, THE BEST HAMPTON I'VE EVER STAYED AT”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I forgot how awesome this hotel is! I've stayed at Hamptons in MO, AR, OK, LA, TX, UT, AZ, CA, OR, ID, and this is the nicest of any. When you walk in, it just smells "nice." I've stayed 3 times now, and it is always decorated in some fun theme. The staff is amazingly helpful. The rooms are the cleanest I've ever seen! Even the carpets! They even offer free water bottles at the pool/spa. The lobby is hardwood floors. Warm cookies and popcorn . . . it really is better than home!

When you walk in the room, a soft light is on. I just really love this hotel. If you are in the Magic Mountain area . . . you won't be disappointed with this. And, it's next door to an Outback.

A must stay for business travelers!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello Sherry W,

I was so excited when I read your review of the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita and I like to thank you for taking the time sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! We strive to deliver great customer service and to make each guest feel special. We like to be a home-away-from-home so guest like staying with us over and over again. My staff is the proud precipitant of the prestigious Hampton Lighthouse Award for being in the top 5% of all Hampton hotels in the entire world in regards to guest satisfaction! We won this award in 2011, 2012 and 2013. My team and I are determined to get another award in 2014! Reviews like the one you wrote are a huge motivation for the team because they tell us that we are on the right path! Therefore I can’t wait for my Monday morning huddle with my amazing team and read the review you wrote us!

We all look forward welcoming you back soon when travels bring you to the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley!

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Pittsburg, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights. We arrived 2 hours early on a Friday, but the front desk gladly allowed us to check in - which was very quick. They gave us 2 bottles of water at no charge! The single queen bed room was small but cozy and clean. The breakfast was very good (eggs; sausage; potatoes; cereal; fresh fruit; muffins; and, make-your-own waffles). The front desk staff was very helpful all weekend. We very much enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Nathan R

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I’m happy my team was able to assist you with an early check in as well! We try our best to offer a great breakfast with items that will fit any sort of diet. We are proud to serve specialty items like soy and almond milk, agave syrup and Gluten Free Chex cereal!

Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita, and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My website was participating in a coaster marathon at Six Flags Magic Mountain, and unfortunately did not make it to the end. We left the park at 3:30 AM and arrived at the hotel on 8/5/14 at 4:30 AM, requesting a room, until the next day 8/6/14, and was told the rate was $179/night.

At 1 PM on 8/5, we got a call asking if we were checking out, and told the desk clerk we were leaving the next day, followed by her asking me when we checked in, which I replied, 4:30 AM. She called back a few seconds later asking if we needed room service and we told her we were fine.

Hours later while checking my bank statement online, I discovered that my card had been billed for two (2) nights??

Clearly, the front desk person who checked us in was not transparent and forgot to mention the finer details of my stay request. She knew I was leaving the next day, yet never confirmed it was for 2 nights not one. I would have gone elsewhere had I known upfront that only 24 hours at this hotel would cost $400.

I then spoke with Jeroen Buiks, General Manager, who basically told me I was out of luck and “I should have known that even arriving at 4:30 AM and requesting a room until the next day was 2 days not one.”

Mr. Buiks was rude and indignant. He never apologized for the night person’s mistake, or even acknowledged that his staff could have done a better job explaining hotel policy. When asking why I wasn’t told how much the stay would cost, he blamed me for not knowing? His complete mishandling of the entire situation was unprofessional and blatantly inhospitable. Is that the Hampton standard?

Following Mr. Buik’s logic, I’m apparently stupid for thinking that arriving on 8/5 and leaving on 8/6 was one day! Needless to say, due to the lack of transparency and responsibility for taking ownership for a mistake by the night clerk, Mr. Buik’s is the stupid one if he thinks I will ever stay at a Hampton Inn again after being swindled by him and his staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom G
Hello Tom G.

I apologize for the bad experience you had when staying at the Hampton Inn. My night auditor should have informed you more clearly about the fact that checking in at 5am and leaving the following day at 12 noon is considered a two-night stay. The registration card for your stay showed that you would have your room until noon on 08/05. My auditor should have explained this to you to avoid any confusion, but unfortunately this did not happen.

Our check-in time in Santa Clarita is at 3pm and although we always try hard to accommodate early check-in request, this cannot always be honored. Your arrival was 10 hours prior to our regular check-in time and was therefore seen as a very late walk-in during the night audit shift.
I believe that we can definitely learn from this experience in order to avoid similar problems in the future! To apologize for this lack of service a Hilton “Be My Guest” certificate has been issued and will be sent to you. This certificate is good for a free one-night stay at any Hampton hotel.

Please accept my apologies for this bad experience as this does not reflect the service we offer at our hotel. In case you would like to further discuss this matter please contact me directly at 661.678.2920.

Los Banos, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Even though our stay was only for one night we enjoyed our stay with the Hampton. We would not hesitate to recommend or stay at this inn again. Both the room and bathroom were clean. The staff at both the check in and check out very helpful and courteous. We would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to family or friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Fatima L
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hello Fatima L,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita on your recent travels to the Santa Clarita Valley! I'm very happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room! Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

spring Valley, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After a long day of travel, the room was very quiet and relaxing. Check in was simple, but most importantly, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast wasn't bad. WiFi was a good connection, so my kids would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Jennifer W
Hello Jennifer W,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m happy your kids enjoyed our complimentary internet service! Thanks again for taking the time reviewing your stay with us and please come visit us again soon!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for a night before going to Six Flags and it was a lovely hotel, the room was spacious and had everything we required, the pool was small but perfectly OK and just what we needed in the heat even at 9pm, across the road is In N Out Burger, great burgers at a cheap price and you can walk across and in the morning a free breakfast gave us everything we needed before setting off to the park. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spendleb48
Hello spendleb48 ,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend us to anyone looking for a hotel in the Santa Clarita Valley! We all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Peru, Indiana
Reviewed 27 July 2014

From the looks of the other reviews, it seems unnecessary to add my two cents. From the desk staff to the others' service and friendliness was the rule. The breakfast is superior to most every other hotel where I've stayed. Access is easy and excellent eating is right next door. Shopping of every kind is within one mile.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and the front for a view or the back for a bit more quiet. Was not distracted...