“Excellent for the Frequent Traveler”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Switzerland
“Excellent for the Frequent Traveler”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This staff knows how to take care of its guests. They are warm at check-in and with every interaction. The room are clean and well-equipped. Breakfast is fine... and can be crowded.

As has been mentioned, it is a very good location for those who have business in Santa Clarita and in the San Fernando Valley.

In the SCV I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ExpatPro93
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hello ExpatPro93,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! I’m happy you enjoyed your time with us and that my staff took good care of you. Please come visit us again soon when visiting Santa Clarita!

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay for a wedding in the area this past weekend. What a wonderful location, allowed for an easy day trip to Hollywood. The room was tasteful and huge! Full amenities including microwave, fridge, ironing board etc. Hampton hotels are known for their beds and this one didn't disappoint! Staff was always smiling and friendly, but the standout employee in my mind was the young gentleman (didn't get his name) that always kept the amazing breakfast stocked every morning. He remembered us everyday, and he was always soooo busy but never seemed too rushed to talk to us and tell us to enjoy our day. He was always smiling and so friendly. Will definitely stay at this location again when we return to Cali. If I had to post something negative it would be the spotty wifi. We would have to re-connect every 5 minutes. It would be an issue if I were a business traveler but since I was there for pleasure it didn't bother us too much. Can't wait to return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmcburch
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hello dmcburch,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! I also like to thank you for acknowledging our breakfast host Anthony. It will be my pleasure to inform him about this great review you wrote and I know that we will greatly appreciate it! I apologize for the issues you experienced with our Wi-Fi connection. Next time when you stay with us and you experience similar issues, please contact us at ye front desk as we have several tricks to resolve any issues with Wi-Fi. I agree that it would be unacceptable if the connectivity would drop every 5 minutes, but fortunately that is not the standard. We all look forward welcoming you back when visiting the wonderful Santa Clarita Valley.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Arriving late on a Sunday evening in June, the car park looked very busy, but we found a handful of available parking spaces.

The receptionist was very friendly, and offered us some bottles of water and bags of chips. She gave us room 416, which was on the highest floor, facing away from the road so it was nice and quiet. There was nothing but trees to see out of the window, but we didn’t come here for any kind of view.

I don’t think we have stayed in a Hampton Inn before, and we were immediately very impressed. The room was classy, nicely decorated in browns, creams and reds with lots of wood, and very well maintained.

The room had a king sized bed, with small bedside cabinets, an easy chair with pouffe, a bureau/desk with an office chair and lamp. A wardrobe was part of the bureau unit, with eight hangers and an ironing board and iron. There was a sideboard unit with a fridge and microwave, a large flat screen TV including HBO, and a further seat.

The bathroom was spacious, with plenty of shelf room, lots of towels, a hairdryer, ice bucket, paper cups, coffee maker with two bags of filter coffee.

Breakfast was included in the price, and was in a smallish area next to the main lobby. There were not a great many tables and chairs, but you could take the breakfast up to your room if you desired, so this was not a problem. On offer were cereals, fruit, bagels, toast and make-your-own waffles. There was also a small selection of hot items: bacon, scrambled egg, potatoes, plus coffee, juice, water, etc. We thought it was perfectly acceptable, and good that it was included in the room price.

The location of the hotel is excellent – really easy to find, and on a road that runs parallel to the main highway, called The Old Road in Stevenson Ranch, which was teeming with restaurants, shops, hotels, etc. It is a short drive of 10/15 minutes up to Six Flags Magic Mountain, without going on the highway if you don’t want to. It is also a short drive to the Westfield shopping mall in Valencia town centre.

We were very impressed with what we saw of Santa Clarita, and just as impressed with the Hampton Inn. We heartily recommend this hotel for anybody staying in the area, and will certainly look out for Hampton Inns elsewhere in the future, too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank reddiguy
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello reddiguy,

Thank you so much for your amazing review of the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita and for recommending us to any travelers looking for accommodations in the Santa Clarita Valley. I’m very happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of our hotel as well as the many breakfast options we have for our complimentary offering. We also have numerous restaurants in close proximity to the hotel so the possibilities are almost endless! Please come visit us again soon!

uk
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here for nineteen nights in room 224 as we wanted to go to Hollywood and surrounding areas without being in the hustle and bustle of Hollywood. This place is really relaxing and has many eating places. coco's was the best restaurant I would recommend it, you will not be disappointed. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds, we wanted a high floor originally for piece and quiet, but when we got the second floor we liked our room so did not query it. There was an occassion where we had noisey people in the room opposite us which was only for a day had it been longer we would have requested to move. The staff were very helpful especially Andy who gave us some very helpful advise on places we wanted to visit. Liz, Ashley and the other girls were very helpful I can't remember their names but they helped me with hotels in Las Vegas. The breakfast was fine I loved making the fresh waffles and Anthony was always helpful especially when I wanted some strawberries. We also enjoyed the Jacuzzi, I would recommend the Hampton Inn you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Any floor but not the ground floor, as the mornings are noisey for breakfast.
Hello angelella,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita on Tripadvisor! I’m very happy that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and that my staff took great care of you. More and more guests discover Santa Clarita as an ideal location for visiting Los Angeles due to the fact that it is so much quieter than Los Angeles! I will definitely share your experience with my team because the love to hear positive feedback we receive from our guests.

We all look forward welcoming you back soon when visiting Santa Clarita!

Tulsa, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very clean throughout and the staff was wonderful. We had previously stayed at a resort on our California vacation and were disgusted with the lack of cleanliness of our room and bathroom even after informing their staff. It was very refreshing to show up to this Hampton hotel and be greeted by a friendly/helpful staff and to walk into our spotless room. We saw employees wiping down the elevators, eating areas, etc. all while taking great pride in their jobs. We were totally blown away by this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello James H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay at Hampton Inn Santa Clarita. I’m so happy you had such a good experience with us especially after your previous hotel experience! We have very high standards when it comes to cleanliness and we want to ensure we offer the best guest experience possible. I look forward passing on your comment to my dedicated housekeeping staff because they should get the credit for this!

We all look forward welcoming you back soon when visiting to Santa Clarita!

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a very good location and the price is good here. Close enought to stay and go to many attractions in the Los Angeles area that are not to far to travel to. A lot of shopping, food choices and entertainment near by. I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Mark A
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Mark A,

Thank you for recommending the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita! Santa Clarita is a great city that has a lot to offer…. Shopping, restaurants and of course Six Flags Magic Mountain! It is still close enough to Los Angeles to visit all the highlights and it is just far enough away to be out of the hectic of the big city! We all hope that you will consider staying with us again on a future trip to the Los Angeles area!

Utah
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We checked in for 1 night based upon the positive reviews. The girl who checked us in was rude and not the least bit interested in accommodating any of our simple requests. Pool area was dirty. Breakfast area was dirty and crowded. Room was very small but was fairly clean, and that's about the only positive thing I can say about this place. Completely overrated. We have stayed in other hotels in the area and recommend them much more than this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello travel_caddie,

I like to apologize to you for the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. My team and I work hard to ensure that each stay is as comfortable as possible, but unfortunately it seems like we failed to provide you with the service and cleanliness our guests have come to expect from us. I would love to discuss this stay with you to find out what went wrong and what we can do to improve our services. We have a reputation to uphold for being in the upper echelon of Hampton hotels in regards to Guest Satisfaction and Cleanliness and I will do anything to ensure that this won’t change. Therefore your information is very important to me. I look forward to your call so I can personally address your concerns. Thanks again for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and hopefully I will hear from you soon.

Jeroen Buiks