“non-smoking hotel with fresh air and professional front desk staff”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
point reyes, california
“non-smoking hotel with fresh air and professional front desk staff”
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I stay at Hampton Inn's when I can because of the non-smoking policy. This Hampton has nicely refurbished rooms that are decorated handsomely with every piece of furniture having a purpose and nothing without a purpose (so you are not crowded.) A little fridge and microwave are tucked away in the TV console and there is a nice desk which will scoot out from the wall. There are allot of power outlets which are easily accessible. Comfortable beds and pillows with clean, crisp, new sheets. The bathroom is especially nice because the vanity has large shelves underneath, so you have a place to put your items. The towels are fluffy, clean and a decent size. I especially like that this hotel has windows that open fully so you can experience FRESH air. The front desk staff are professional and really nice. They really do care about their customers here and are available for any type of comment or critique and will offer to help with anything. They make fresh cookies at night and sometimes fresh popcorn with a movie downstairs with lemonade.
A couple of things I don't like. The maids really must learn to clean better. Since I stayed here four days I was available to witness their cleaning other rooms. Often times their vacuuming would last 30 seconds for an entire room. If the cleaning crew SKIMP on cleaning then, over time, the rooms will be dirty. There is plenty of dirt in a hotel room we don't see, so they really need to step it up.
I also didn't like that even though I kept the "do not disturb" sign on my door, the maid saw me leave one day and went into my room. Also, there was an "eco-sphere" inside the air conditioning unit for one of my stays. I had maintenance cut this thing out, but the scent of this chemical ball which releases a scent/toxins when you run the air unit still remained over night. I was compensated for my suffering and was treated quite professionally and nicely because of this, BUT, this type of toxin should never have been in the room in the first place. It didn't make sense that a non-smoking hotel would add another poison to the air system, but I was told that it was a "mistake" and was meant to only be a temporary solution to a problem (possibly someone smoking in the room.)
My other big complaint is the free hi-speed internet. The most I could get out of it was .25 mbps. Quite slow.
The parking is free and convenient and close to a great number of restaurants, grocery stores, beauty salons, Starbucks, etc. I will continue to stay at this Hampton.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
AZ
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The hotel was easy to find and location was great. There are many restaurants, fast food and shopping (Ralph's grocery and Walmart) within a few miles. Our first night was interrupted by a dripping sound in the bathroom... I checked and water was leaking from the floor above. After a quick call to the front desk, we were given another room. We stayed for nearly a week and enjoyed the friendliness of the front desk staff and breakfast bar hostess. The rooms were comfortable, beds were cozy and each night we sank into a heavenly slumber. Room temp was so perfect we did not have to adjust the temperature at all... my only complaint was the "pre-set" clock radios did not work. we couldnt pick up a radio station at all... and usually my husband prefers music when he sleeps. The TV worked great, my son was first to notice there was no Disney channel. We assured him we would not be watching TV a lot. The in room microwave and refrigerator was nice. I especially liked the hair dryer in the bathroom! There were cookies available every night and one evening when we came back, they were serving fruit punch and lemonade, popcorn, cookies and cupcakes... in honor or St Patrick's day!
A USA today was delivered every morning and when we checked out... we were not charged for our first night. Thanks so much! See you again next spring break! :)

p.s. they had security walking the hotel grounds.... so we always felt safe.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kiara26
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We arrived at the hotel at about 6 PM, after making reservations the night before. It is located in the heart of every type of fast food or restaurant you can imagine. The hotel backs up to a steep hill, and is far enough away from the freeway that you do not ear traffic. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, and greeted us every time we entered or left the hotel. We stayed on the second floor, and all was quiet except for a family with a baby that were right next door. They were noisy, but that doesn't affect the hotel review. The room was clean, a little outdated looking, and my only complaint was that the beds were very hard. That friday night they were having a movie night with complimentary snacks down in the lobby. I was also disappointed that there wasno room service, but there were certainly enough restaurants to choose from in the near vicinity.

Overall, an average hotel with a slightly above average price, Good to stay at if your just passing through.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Santa Clarita for around ten days on a business trip. The hotel was easy to get to, has lots of good restaraunts nearby (try the little sushi place across from Outback!). Check-in was fast and efficient and the staff was great. They are all very friendly, helpful and accomodating. They have held special "events" in the lobby about every other night, sometimes movie nights, or watching the Olympics, and one night hosting a hot dog fest. This all made for a very open and happy atmosphere and made returning every day a joy.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfy and the hotel fully refurbished and modern. Good quality TVs with actual HD. Good computer setups, with both wireless and wired connections.

Popular too, as it was sold out many of the nights I was there. If there is one thing they could improve it's the size of the breakfast room, it can get pretty crowded at times. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
bay area, CA
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Arrived at 1am, host was ready to check me in. Location is convenient (by car) to get to Magic Mountain and is worth extra miles - room is clean, bed comfortable, new furnishings w/ granite tops on desk/bathroom, coffee in room, office desk space logically laid out (with internet line or wireless- FREE), combo shower/bath, triple sheeting bed linens, quiet, complimentary and sufficient breakfast downstairs.

Also a short drive to shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Arcadia, CA
Reviewed 4 January 2010

The hotel was in a good location and close to many fast food restaurants. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave us a nice quiet room in the corner. The room was clean and the furnishing nice, however the bed was super hard! It looked new, but it was very hard to sleep on. I had thought about booking the Super Eight hotel for half the price but thought the Hampton Inn name brand was worth the extra money. However, after sleeping in that bed, I would have preferred the Super Eight! The continental breafast was nice. They even had a waffle maker. They also have a computer in the lobby with free internet access. While I was using the computer I saw that there was a business card with the hotel manager's name on it, so I emailed him asking about the hardness of the beds. His response was that they had been replaced two years ago, that they were up to Hampton Inn standards, that maintenance would be checking the bed that afternoon, and he apologized. Needless to stay I won't be staying at the Hampton Inn in the future if the beds are rock hard! Overall, the place was very nice, but it you don't like hard beds, I would stay away!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
hk
Reviewed 28 December 2009

We stayed here after our trip from Universal Studios and on our way back to San Francisco.

Location:
The location is good. With a lot of food chains around it. There is an In & Out Burger across the street.

The hotel is very near Six Flags - Magic Mountain (about 5minutes drive) and about 45 minutes drive from Universal Studios.

Reception:
The fire was lighted at the fireplace at the reception. The are several sofa and seats near the fireplace. Free cookies are served at the reception area. There is also a computer at the entrance where you can surf the internet.

The front desk lady - Sara, was nice and patient. A line had formed in front of the front desk as she was the only person behind front desk when we arrived. However, the line moved quickly and everyone leave the front desk happy. Even during the busy period, she was nice to everyone. When we requested for a room that does not face the highway, she spent time getting us one.

We got free bottled water from the front desk and also toothpaste and toothbrush. In the room, you will find the basic shower soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

Rooms:
The rooms are nicely decorated. It looks like a 4-star room. It is also clean.

On the overall, we had a comfortable stay and would return for a second stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple