“Pleasant stay”

Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had an unexpected trip to Santa Clarita over the weekend and it seems, this is the only Marriott hotel in the area that is available for a last minute (same day) reservation. This is my first time staying at a Fairfield Inn and was not expecting much.

I was once again pleasantly surprised. The facility itself is simply designed but pleasant and clean. The hotel sits right next to Residence Inn, which was initially my first choice. Staffs here are all friendly and accommodating. Rooms are as expected of a Marriott brand – Clean, comfy beds and fully equipped room. We had mini fridge and a mini microwave which is convenient. My gold status preference was recognized and honored. Although, we did not receive an upgrade, our room was a pretty good size. It was also quiet. No noise issue on this stay. The complimentary breakfast was decent and with many choices. The swimming pool and the Jacuzzi area was simply designed, average size and clean.

This hotel is located by Stevenson Ranch, surrounded with lots of eateries – from fast food to a great sit down restaurant like the Kinza Japanese restaurant. There are a lot of things to do around this area. So, I’d say, this hotel is conveniently situated.

Our weekend stay here in Fairfield Inn was indeed a pleasant one, and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I’m in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Thor G
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thor, We are so very happy we were able to impress you with our hotel and the services we were able to provide you! Our location is fantastic and is close to so many shops and restaurants! We are so happy to hear we would be a choice of stay in your next travels to the area! Thank you for taking a moment to share with us about your stay!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed in a few different Fairfield Inn properties this summer, and we were growing less and less impressed until we arrived at this one near Magic Mountain. It's nothing extravagant, but it's a clean hotel with a friendly staff that's also a fair value. The free breakfast is well organized, and the rooms are big enough where you don't feel like you're tripping over each other.

The housekeeping staff started with the vacuum pretty early, which was a bit annoying, but otherwise everything was good. If you're looking for a quick stopover during your trip to Magic Mountain, you could certainly do worse than this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Traveler, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad to hear we were able to surprise you with our hotel and the services we are able to provide. We hope to see you in your future travels to the area!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Exceptionally clean establishment, well maintained and very friendly, service oriented staff. Clearly a well managed property. Convenient location off and on I-5 Freeway. Close by variety of restaurants.

Room Tip: Recommend 2nd or 3rd floor overlooking pool in rear of property. Good views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for your kind words! Our highly trained staff does their very best to provide the best service possible to all of our guests! Our convenient location makes us that much better!! We look forward to your future stays to the area!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with the unprofessional management of this hotel. I had an emergency come up and had to check out early (4 pm) and get a hotel (another Marriott property) by LAX so I could catch an early morning flight. It was 3 pm when I notified the hotel, and I was checked out by 4 pm. I was told that they still had to charge me a "half day rate" because housekeeping was gone for the day. This was an outright lie as there was housekeeping cleaning a room as I was checking out. The manager was extremely rude about the whole process and told me that it's all she could do, and didn't care that I would be staying at another Marriott property that evening. She was extremely rude about the situation. She claimed that she could not sell the room, but that was an outright lie. I've checked out late from hotels before with no issue at all, and I've also never received a "half day rate" when I have had late flights that get me in at 2 am or when I check out at 5 am, it seems like a policy the manager made up to get some extra money out of me.

I am a Marriott platinum member with over 60 nights already in the first 6 months of 2013, and I've NEVER been treated this way. One would think that Marriott would value my loyalty, and respect the fact that I have spent thousands of dollars at their properties this year. I come to this area frequently and usually stay at the Courtyard in Valencia, but tried this property for the first time. I will never stay here again, and I will also advise my colleagues to never stay there again either. The same manager manages the Residence Inn next door, I will not stay there either. Additionally, this property was not clean, the hallways have carpet that is frayed and stained, and the common areas have a musty smell.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jeff H
RIFFISC, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We value your business at Marriott hotels and I would like to discuss your experience with our hotel, so I can address all the areas needed. Feel free to contact me at 661.290.2828. I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

No surprise here Fairfield Inns are dependable for quality and comfort. This one is no exception. The staff was friendly and efficient. The WIFI was easy to connect to and stable. There was a good selection of TV to choose from and breakfast was good with plenty of protein.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share with us about your stay! Very glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast selections and the variety of TV channels we are able to offer you! Hope to see you in your future visits to the area!

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We spent one night here on our way back to San Diego. The Fairfield Inn is always consistent with their service. This hotel is located in an excellent location just off I-5, near plenty of restaurants and shopping. The room was a typical Fairfield Inn room. However, the hallways are beginning to show wear and tear and need to be updated. The breakfast was very good -- biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, waffles and the regular items. Even though the hotel sits right on the road, we did not hear any noise.

Room Tip: Room away from elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Traveler, We are glad to hear that we have been able to provide a consistent stop with our service and our rooms when you travel to the Santa Clarita area. The convenient shops and restaurants all located in walking distance makes our property that much better. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experiences with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed one night. Hotel staff was very polite and efficient. There was a problem with the ventilation system in our room (fan wouldn't turn on) and we called the front desk. They sent someone immediately who took care of the problem. The room was comfortable. Lots of pillows and a comfortable mattress. Complimentary breakfast had many options, including hot food. Ample parking. Great location right off the freeway with shopping and many restaurant options nearby. We didn't use it, but the pool looked very inviting and private.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Traveler, Our staff is trained to be the best of the best and we are glad to hear that they did not disappoint. We apologize that your ventilation system was not working properly, but are glad to hear that our maintenance staff was able to fix the problem in a timely manner. Our location is prime and in walking distance of many shops of restaurants and we are glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it! We look forward to future stays! Thank you for taking a moment to share with us about your stay!