“Fun and Fresh”
Review of Dream Inn

Dream Inn
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We had a fun stay at the Dream Inn. My daughter and I drove up to help my other daughter move into her house. It was fun and funky. We liked the fresh updated decor. Upon arrival we ordered room service..it came fast and was tasty. The ocean balcony was nice and nothing beats the beachfront breezes. Even though we were on the first level, our room was still high above the beach, so we loved the view. Sadly the weather was gloomy, so we didn't get to enjoy the pool, but the pool/beach and poolside cafe is on our list for next time. It looks great for families, especially since there are rooms that open right up to the pool deck, but I wouldn't want to be on that level. Ours was perfect. It was quiet. I think this Inn can be anything you need it to be. Private for couples, great for families and even fun for business travellers. It is so conveniently located. We did not do valet but parked across the street in the Inn's lot and just walked the pier and boardwalk. I highly recommend the Dream Inn..especially if you can get a good rate, definitely worth it. We haven't found any other lodging that can compare in Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that opens to the pool deck..unless you want it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed 26 July 2011

We have been going to the Dream Inn for over ten years. The new owners have updated everything from start to finish and it actually is a very nice place to stay now, not just another beach hotel. The new hotel restaurant is probably the best one at the beach. I would suggest it to all of our friends.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We hadn't been to Santa Cruz for several years and thought it would be a fun birthday weekend for our daughter who was turning 16. We booked our stay at the Dream Inn, which in my opinion was situated in the best location! Close to downtown, the board walk etc.... We enjoyed the hotel which had an incredible ocean view, the hotel restaurant was great, the shopping downtown was fun and we stumbled upon some yummy restaurants there too! We ended our weekend with renting bikes (tandem)and riding along the ocean..... It was a very fun and memorable weekend for my daughter's sweet "16".

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank brogdens
Reviewed 20 July 2011

What a TREAT, the Dream Inn is a DREAM come true. You are greeted by a friendly and professional staff. The hotels decor and design is well thought out from the lobby to the BEAUTIFUL rooms with ocean views and balcony. We especially liked the pool area that is situated above the beach and looking out to the ocean all with full bar and GREAT food service. We dined on site at the Aquarius restaurant that exceeded all expectations, ocean and beach view, good service and outstanding food. This is a very special property that truly feels like a DREAM come true. I very highly recommend staying at the Dream Inn.

1  Thank Mark1405
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I needed a hotel in Santa Cruz as we were attending a concert in town and didn't want to have to drive back home. I had stayed at the Dream Inn years ago and remembered how nice it was. It turned out even nicer then it was all those years before. We got to town about noon and went straight to the hotel. We figured if the room wasn't ready we could at least give the car to the valet. While my husband was speaking with the valet I went to registration and our room was already available! We were so pleased! The check in was a breeze and allowed us to get our stuff into the room before going to play on the boardwalk.

We only stayed overnight but we had such a relaxing time! When we were checking out the next morning, we were offered the use of the pool area for the afternoon, which I thought was very nice, but unforunately we had to head back home.

Room Tip: We were in room 419 which was the top floor for that section and the last room...very quiet with gre...
1  Thank tlfaria
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family and I have stayed at the Dream Inn for over 20 years and we LOVE it and it's the best it's ever been since Joie de Vivre bought it. Everything is over the top and the food at restuarant is five stars-- no other food in that area can compete. The waitress told us that the Dream Inn makes dreams come true....They do. Poolside rooms are worth the extra money (if you can get one--reservations ahead of time). If you truly want the best and only hotel with beach access and full service amenties throughout the hotel/restuarant/pool....look no further.

2  Thank anne151515
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel accomodations were very comfortable and great views of the Monterey Bay. I would easily revisit since the whole area was family friendly and great for kids to swim in the heated pool or roam around the beach. The wharf and boardwalk were just outside and just down the street about 50 yards to the east so we didn't have to use a car. Watching surfers just a 1/2 mile walk west of the hotel was incredible. The aquarius eatery was very pleasant and reasonably priced. There were a lot of restaurants on the wharf and on the boardwalk. We were able to take advantage of stay 3 nights and get the 4th night free so look for specil offers.

2  Thank Artzen