Dream Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Sea & Sand Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Breakfast included
Beachview inn(Santa Cruz)
Coastview Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
2,025 results
All reviewsself parkpool arearoom servicesound of the wavesbeach accesshotel restaurantocean viewpool and hot tubmonterey baysea lionsprivate balconyamusement parkfamily vacationwest cliff driveoff seasonaquariusvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I just spend two days at the Dream Inn celebrating my husband’s birthday. I think this is our third time here and it seems that service keeps getting better and better. We LOVE the fact that all rooms are ocean front with a balcony. The sound of waves crashing oh that is just wonderful. However, the cherry on top is the staff. Everywhere you go if you encounter a staff member they always greet you with a nice smile. This time around there was a very special staff member that made our stay outstanding and her name is Jenifer and she works at the front desk. I called a few days before our arrival asking for help on how to surprise my husband with chilled beers. Jennifer answered the phone when I called and she said she was not sure how to handle my request as she was not sure if it would be handled by room service or front desk but that she would find out. I asked that the beer would be something local or imported; she said she would find out and get back to me. A few hours later I received a call from Jennifer and she said that the restaurant did not have any local beer so she went to the nearest liquor store to see if she could find any local beer but could not find any so she bought an assortment of exotic beer and it would be ready when we check in. Sure enough we checked in and a few minutes after we arrived in our room the chilled beer was delivered. My husband enjoyed the surprise. Thank you Jennifer for going above and beyond and making our stay extra special. We can’t wait to return!! This hotels is one of our favorites.

Room Tip: If possible get a cloud suite they are on 8-10 floor. You'll get a great views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SRE17
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Starting with the entrance and lobby, I was somewhat underwhelmed given the nightly rate. The tower suite was very spacious with eclectic furnishings, some attractive, some distracting, especially the artwork. Loved the updated bathroom. The bedroom is a huge, tasteful environment with a balcony view of the beach and nearby boardwalk. There was a refrigerator, wonderful coffee maker but no microwave. ONE microwave available for all on the 4th floor but be sure to take wet towels to clean it out before adding your food. Nothing there to do so and it was grungy.
Parking at $24 per day can be beaten by some planning and use of public meters located along the street just around the corner towards the beach and at beach front. Parking at meters is FREE from 8pm to 10 am each day. We left for breakfast, went on excursions then returned later in the afternoon and parked for 2 hour increments (1.50 per hour for first 2 hours; the rate doubles after 2 hours) returning to begin a new 2 hour cycle until 8 pm.
The Picnic Basket was our favorite restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I loved this hotel! Rooms are clean, and the location is perfect! The hotel is located on Cowell Beach. Every room has a balcony with a small table and a couple chairs to just relax and stare out to the ocean. Free WIFI! The price is a bit high but it is WELL WORTH IT! It's within walking distance to the Municipal Pier where there are tons of shops and restaurants. You can even drive and park right on the pier. Room service is also available. Every room has a hangar card with which to choose breakfast items for the following morning. I ordered breakfast this way and it came at the time I requested and the food was still hot. The staff was extremely pleasant. I don't have a bad thing to say about this place. I highly recomend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

You will be paying a premium price but you will be at the best, cleanest and sweetest hotel in Santa Cruz.
I have been to this hotel about 30 times throughout the past 25 years and it has never disappointed me.

For all you people that left negative reviews, go somewhere else, pay less, then when it's not as good maybe you will see why.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

If you like the ocean, the location of the Dream Inn is just perfect. This is a great place to decompress and relax. My lower level room was very comfortable and offered a prime view of the beach. Due to the way Santa Cruz is situated on the coast, you will have the opportunity to watch a beautiful sunrise over the Pacific Ocean. California is not only for sunsets!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo