“Great place! ”

Ocean Pacific Lodge
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
“Great place! ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Found this on a travel website and wasn't sure what to expect. But wow! This is more than a hotel, its more of a boutique type hotel inside the rooms. The rooms were beautiful and clean! The beds were incredibly comfy with super soft sheets! We walked a few blocks to the pier. We loved this place! I wanted to return this summer but the rates were pretty high. So we'll keep looking for another great rate since we would love to return.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The date to this review is wrong. We haven't stayed here in awhile but anytime my husband and I visit SC we always stay here. We found this hotel while we were dating and it's been a memory to us lol. We love the jetted tub in the room, the rooms clean, it's not far from downtown and the boardwalk. Also the people who work there are very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Vegas travelling down the Coast. Nice hotel very central within walking distance of the pier, the hotel was full otherwise we would have stayed a second night. Staff were friendly and there is a lovely pool

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here during summer vacation for 3 nights. I can't say enough good things about this place. Great friendly staff, great heated pool and 2 hot tubs. The rooms are super clean. But by far the best thing is the location. Just a few blocks from the beach, wharf and boardwalk. Super easy to get to and easy to get back to the freeway from location. I will be staying here again on my next visit to SC!

Stayed June 2014
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This motel was so much better than expected! Super clean, friendly staff, excellent breakfast! We will definitely be staying here again. Perfect for traveling with kids. We walked to the beach, wharf, boardwalk and downtown. Bonus, parking is free! Only negatives I have is the in room fridge and the a/c unit were noisy, but I'm a super light sleeper. It didn't bother anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Fair Oaks, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very close to the beach, within walking distance. Room was large, very clean and recently updated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and nicely presented. Great value as many places that were not half as nice were more expensive. I will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: If you get a room by the pool, it can be a bit noisey until they close at 9pm. This did not bother...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne M
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at the Ocean Pacific Lodge for 10 nights whilst working in the area and wanted a base just to sleep and nothing more. The area can be very expensive for accommodation and based on other reviews and the price I plumped for this motel.

On arriving the receptionist was very friendly and warm. Booking in was hassle free, there was always space in the car park regardless of the time of day and I was pleased with my room. Although not a room you would take pics of to wow your friends, it was clean, tidy and the bathroom had a good shower. The bathroom and room was cleaned every day and my bed made. Santa Cruz was having a heat wave whilst I was there at 39c and the room was cool enough with wide opening windows. There was air con as well which I used a couple of times. The other thing which I really like when travelling is an iron and ironing board dedicated to every room which this did have.

The room is representative of the pictures supplied by the hotel on this site. I popped into the breakfast room to grab a pre-packaged danish a couple of times but mainly went to a local coffee house for breakfast. All the facilities did look fine though.

The hotel is a great location for the beach - 5 minutes or less walk to the pier which has some nice cafes and restaurants.

My simple gauge of any hotel is would I stay there again or look for something else. The answer is simply that I would not hesitate to stay at the Ocean Pacific Lodge again. I think for value and accessibility it is a great location and is recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business