Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Best Western Inn(Santa Cruz)
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
National 9 Motel(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
The Islander Motel(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsunderground garageshort drivefree breakfastwould stay here againclean hotelking suitebeds were very comfortablebreakfast roomroad tripparkingboardwalkfreewayhousekeepingdowntownhallway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 December 2011

It's my first time visiting Santa Cruz with my family. I should say, I've been staying in several H.I.E.'s and I am very impressed with this one. This one is one of the cleanliness and updated hotels I've stayed at. I agree with one of the reviewers. Although the hotel was close to the freeway, the rooms were quiet. I would definitely comeback and would stay again.

Room Tip: The underground parking driveway is kind'a steep and could cause your car to bottom out.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HIE_Santa_Cruz, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Dear AACC777,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz as your hotel during your visit to Santa Cruz. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again! Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,
Angélica Rivera

Reviewed 15 November 2011

From what we could see of some of the hotels in Santa Cruz, this one was the best of them all. We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. Even though the hotel is right off the freeway we didn't hear any noise with our freeway facing room. The hotel is very clean with a very nice and ample breakfast to get you started. The phone didn't work when we got into our room, but it was fixed ASAP. The rooms were always cleaned well by housekeeping. There are, however, a few negative points. With our room facing the freeway, we were also overlooking some awful looking backyards, but then, you can't pick your neighbours. No mini fridge in the room, which would have been nice to keep sodas and nibbles cold. The bed was hard for us. Underground parking can be hazardous to your car if you're not careful. Before going into the underground carpark, drive in at an angle and go slow. If you go in straight, you'll end up scrapping the heck out of the undercarriage. This is also the case when you drive out of the hotel onto the main road, go at an angle. The curb is too high for the road. Overall a nice hotel for a few nights sleep.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway side. Not because of noise, but because of the view into some ugly looking backyards.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Pilbarette,

Thank you for naming us one of the Best Hotels in Santa Cruz. We are truly honored! Thank you also for your helpful tips. We hope that you got to enjoy our beautiful city during your stay and look forward to having you again soon. If there is anything we can help you with, please reach out to us at 831.466.9100.

Regards,
Angélica Rivera

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I wasn't nervous because my previous experience at a holiday inn express was awful. This hotel, however, was really really lovely. It is either new or remodelled as the furniture all looked new. Everything was spotless. THe rooms were very nice- not huge but not small either. The breakfast was nothing fancy but had everything you could want for a continental style breakfast.
You cannot think of this as a Sheraton type of hotel but if we just compared rooms, it comes close.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was a new Holiday Inn Express, quite a change from the old Holiday Inns as we remember them. You have to put your key in a slot right inside your room. This key operates everything electrical in your room. This prevents people from leaving lights on, cranking the a/c and overall just wasting electricity. The desk was very helpful in providing areas to eat, shop, hailing a cab if need be, etc.It was not on the ocean, but was a nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Rooms are equiped with Micro, frig, coffee maker, everything you need for your stay. PLUS free breakfast to start your day. Great bargain especially if you have a family.
Restful, Clean, Totally Energy Efficient

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I came to Santa Cruz for the weekend to get away and relax. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express because we have stayed in other locations and have always had a good experience. We were extremely dissapointed with our stay. We somehow ended up with the handicap room, the beds were SO hard, the light switches were very complicated (which was really annoying) the phone wasn't working properly. We got into bed about 10:00 pm on Sunday night after having a long day of sight seeing. About 45 minutes later, we were woken up by very loud people across the hall from us. They were in the hall yelling, screaming, slamming doors, using the ice machine every five minutes, going in and out of the room every few minutes. After about 30 minutes of this, I called down to the front desk. They said they would send someone up to handle it. I dont know if they ever sent anyone up to deal with it, because it didnt get much better over the next 2 hours. My husband would not let me go downstairs to confront management the next morning, but I am furious that we paid $140 to stay there. We could have stayed at my sisters house, who lived 5 minutes away and we would have been more comfortable on an air mattress. I have always enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels, but I will NOT return to this hotel, and I am very dissapointed. I hope that somebody will value our business enough to resolve this issue and make it right.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple