Inn at Pasatiempo
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$188
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$469
US$266
  • Pool
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$397/night.

Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$130
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$332
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$254
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$228
BestWestern.com
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$219
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$179
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$140
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$180
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

All reviewsbar and grillthe santa cruz areaeasy accessyogurtnice poolcoffee potlovely roomconvenient locationsan josehwyfireplaceucscredwoodsboardwalkcoast
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This hotel was not worth the money for sure. When we arrived the room was so hot and there was no AC. Not what I expected for $200.00 a night. The bathroom door did not shut and the carpet on the floor was black. It was not a good location right off the 17 HWY. We got lost at night and missed the exit and had to travel an additional 20 minutes to get back to the hotel. This hotel got a 2 out of 10. The only thing positive was the fridge in the room and the beds were very comfortable but the room was so HOT!!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank stocktontwin
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the room was hot for you. The property was not built with A/C because we are so close to the ocean and there are so few hot days out of the year. All rooms are equipped with ceiling fans and we do have portable fans available upon request. The carpets were all replaced within the last year. This has been a busy year for us, but we do schedule regular carpet cleanings. I am sorry that you got lost and that you were not happy with the location. Many guests find the Highway 17 location convenient, as it provides quick access to Highway 1 and most main streets in Santa Cruz. Thank you for the information about the bathroom door. We will check the doors and repair or replace them as needed. I’m glad you were pleased with the refrigerator in the room and that you found the bed to be comfortable. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will return and find us to be worth more than a two.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We came to this hotel for a wedding in 6/11. We get into the room and the fridge is on the floor and can't open all the way. Also we had to by a microwave because the room didnt have one/rent one.
next was the restroom- it was one of those doors that slide out of the wall which is fine if it was able to lock. Then there is no hot tub. Also we called the front desk and asked for some towels because we were all trying to shower for the wedding and about an hour later we have to call back because they never came.
During the wedding, i was looking for the restroom and a staff member gave me directions and i ended up in the bar and a staff member in the bar very rudely directed me out.
Going to bed, there was a centipede and on the extra blankets there were PUBIC HAIRS. Finally to end our trip they tell us that the bill is 200 more than expected. They said 179 for the weekend and in person they said 400!

Room Tip: 1 bed= table 2 beds= no room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SwingerGirl
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thank you for your review. We respect and appreciate your opinion. I would like to go over some of the things you mentioned. I’m sorry if you were expecting a microwave and a hot tub, but these are amenities that we do not offer and do not advertise so. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so that we can fix any issues. I do not see any reports made to the front desk. I will make sure our maintenance staff checks all refrigerator doors and bathroom door locks. Our blankets are laundered regularly but I do apologize for the hairs that you found. I will have housekeeping thoroughly inspect blankets after they are washed. I also apologize for the fact that you did not receive your towels in a timely manner. There is no excuse for that and I will make sure it doesn’t happen again.

I have never had a report of anyone seeing a centipede on the property before. We don’t generally get those in this area; however, I will inform our pest control service provider. This part of Santa Cruz is surrounded by forest and sometimes small uninvited guests are inevitable. Regarding your bill, our rates are charged per night, so your total would depend on how many nights you stay. Also tax is not included in the rate. I hope you will give us another chance. We do offer lower weekday and off-season rates. Once again, thank you for your review. Feedback always helps us to improve.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

I've stayed at The Inn at Pasatiempo 3 times since the beginning of 2011 - a total of 10 nights. Vicky, Molly, and all the rest of the staff make me feel so welcome! I've enjoyed the Laurel Suite, a 2-room fireplace suite that feels better than home, and also a std. queen bed room that had the best bed and sheets I think I've ever slept on/in. The location is one exit away from Santa Cruz so you don't have to deal with traffic, parking,etc. And most everything you could want/need while at The Inn at Pasatimpo is on site: Peachwoods Grill & Bar, an outdoor swimming pool and patio, and fabulous gardens.

Room Tip: Off-season M-Th rates are best. And stay longer!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stays at the Inn and that you've been able to experience different types of rooms. We look forward to having you return again in the future. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 9 April 2011

My husband and I travel for work, and have been in and out of the Santa Cruz area for the past month, and we stay here every time!
I was not sure what to expect when I heard about how inexpensive the rooms were. I was expecting something way worse than this. The rooms are always clean, and bright. The bathrooms are spacious, well lit, and always have what I need. Regardless of which room we stay in (and we have stayed in many), the beds are always comfortable, there is always a fridge, coffee pot, as well as wine glasses and coffee cups.
There is a continental breakfast in the morning consisting of danish pastries, coffee, juice, and instant oatmeal. It would be nice to see a waffle maker, and some yogurt with better ingredients, but, as a person who travels professionally, this is not a bad breakfast!
I have NO complaints about the service at this place, as the staff has always been accommodating to us.
I really think anyone who is ok with a simple, clean, quiet hotel with charming "country french" decor should come and stay at the Inn.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the garden
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

Thank you for staying with us each time you come to the area. I am glad that the rooms consistently suit your needs. We appreciate your ideas for the continental breakfast and will take them into consideration. Thank you for another great review. We look forward to the next time you and your husband stay with us!

Reviewed 6 March 2011

My husband and I were looking for a romantic and affordable get-away, and this ended up being a double dose of aweful. The GM was RUDE to us- litterally yelled at me. Customer service skills anyone? There were poorly patched holes in the wall. Stains on the Carpet. Dead bugs in the Towel. The food was 45 minutes late-and cold. The window blinds were broken, so we did not have privacy and the other customers would peak in our window as they walked by. The mini fridge had one setting-freezing- and it froze all of our Trader Joes Bounty

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JodyLee81
InnAtPasatiempo, Manager at Inn at Pasatiempo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I am not sure what the particular situation was, but would like to apologize if our staff was taken as rude in any way.

We are in the middle of doing some remodeling and will soon have new wall coverings and carpet. All rooms are thoroughly cleaned and well maintained. We replace all towels and linens with each rental. These towels and linens are cleaned and delivered by an outside professional linen company. We can safely assure that they are clean and sanitary. We apologize for any problems with the restaurant. Peachwood's usually provides excellent service. We will pass along your comments to them. We will inspect the blinds and refrigerators to see which room could potentially have a problem.

Thank you for your review. Your comments help us to improve.