“Not good for professionals”
Review of Inn at Pasatiempo

Inn at Pasatiempo
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
California
“Not good for professionals”
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel from appearance and cleanliness standpoint. Not in Santa Cruz but right outside. Staff is ok.. Not great, not terrible.

The trouble comes in if you're a professional. Lack of central AC is interesting. A throw back to the old wild west days i guess. Worse yet is internet connectivity which is all but non-existent. If you have web-base applications you work from, or the cloud, it's pretty terrible and you'll be looking to check out early and hit your local Starbucks to get some stuff done. I got roped in via a hidden name 3* ad for an amazing rate. Probably will have to re-think doing that.

If all you need is a bed, should suffice.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
ANTELOPE
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. The bathrooms were spotless, even the tracks for the glass shower stales were absolutely spotless!! So after I saw that I checked for dust anywhere else in the room and there was done to be had.

The staff were very helpful and so nice to deal with.

This will be the place that I stay whenever I am back in that area. The continental breakfast served daily was very adquate, and on Sunday we paid and ate the Brunch that was served there and it was well worth the cost.

The location is wonderful. Everything we did all weekend down there was very close to where we were staying.

I would recommend this facility to everyone. It will be my choice whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: They also have rooms with fireplaces. We just stayed in a normal room, but there are many choices, s...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JUDY H
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

The Inn at Pasatiempo is old and run down.it is about 15 min's outside Santa Cruz on the highway to San Jose. First room we were shown was a double-double which we did not even occupy. Then we were shown a "garden suite" which has a double bed plus a living room with a pullout sofa for the kids. The furnishings and especially the bathroom were simply ancient, decrepit and run down.No airconditioning. Although we has booked for two nights we could not stand the thought of suffering for two nights at the Inn and therefore I informed the front desk at around 9 pm that we would be checking out the next morning. Next morning i checked on the "continental breakfast buffet" but i couldn't find anything edible. At checkout i was told by the day front desk lady that i would be charged for the second night "unless she managed to sell the room we were cancelling".
I explained that we were checking out early due to our disatisfaction with the hotel but that did not impress her.
In all my years of travel i have always given American hotels credit for freat service. Even if something go's wrong they steadfastly stand behind the credo that " the customer is always right".
I have never been charged for a room i did not stay in due to the hotel's inadequacy.
Never that is,until i made the sad mistake of booking the Inn at Pasatiempo. Do Not Make the Same mistake!!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Omri L

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We were very happy with our room at Inn at Pasatiempo. We had a very quiet room. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It is very convenient to Highway 17 and Interstate 1. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast consisted of food from various levels of the food pyramid: hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit, fruit juice, tea, coffee, pastries and other foods. Our hotel stay was an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 302--very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gena_11
Iowa
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Close to Pasatiempo Golf Course. Just off of Hwy 17 coming from San Jose. Nothing fancy. My room was clean. If I had a complaint it would be that there was a large gap under the door (about 2") and the walls were paperthin...too much sound through the walls. A few of my family were there and some loved it and some did not (noise through walls). Nice to have the bar to relax and not drive - there was nothing surrounding the place. They made a mistake on my reservation but were very very nice about it. Continental breakfast was blah(free) but the Sunday Buffet (not free) was FANTASTIC!!! I feel it was a good value. Nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west wide closest to the pool have a pretty view. I only heard the drone of traffic off...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Great little jewel in the Santa Cruz coastal mountains right off Hwy 17 and only minutes from Santa Cruz sights. Older, but very clean and well kept up facility. All staff members I encountered were well trained, very helpful and friendly (especially London at front desk and Annie at "Peaches")). The restaurant and bar also excellent!

Nick, Laguna Hills, CA

Room Tip: Rooms further from Front desk are more quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel last week on our way to Monterey, CA. We were both pleasantly surprised by how cute and comfortable this hotel is for being an older place. The hotel staff was very helpful and the room was really nice and better than expected. Yes, it is true there is no a/c in the rooms and the room was a little stuffy. We too had to sleep with our window open but this wasn't even a problem because the hotel is located in a very quite and secluded spot off the highway. The pool was exceptional. We would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a good place to stay with a resturant that is out of town away from all the noice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple