“Great place to stay”
Review of Inn at Pasatiempo

Inn at Pasatiempo
Ranked #16 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Beautiful grounds with redwood trees/gardens/restaurant. convenient location off the highway.
Near a golf course.
Friendly helfpful staff.
I loved the grounds/serene/naturesque.
I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JasmineC88

Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Booked this late due to bad traffic in San Francisco we were not sure what we would get. We were very happy with the inn, it was clean, looked recently painted. We ate that evening at the restaurant at the inn and fully enjoyed it. Bed was very comfortable, come to find out pasatiempo has a top 100 golf courses in America, pasatiempo country club, I didn't have time to play it but I went and checked it out. When I go back to San Fran in 18 months I will definitely go stay here and play golf, the course is a bit pricey at $250 green fees but that's what it runs in the Monterey area. The hotel is kind of a throw back of the old days, but was well taken care of and it is right off the highway on the way to Monterey .

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a nice basic, clean hotel. The bed was comfortable. There was no air conditioning but the window and the ceiling fan made the room comfortable. It was within 15 minutes of anything we wanted to do in Santa Cruz and it was right off the main freeway which was quite convenient.

Room Tip: There was no spa that I was aware of ....not even a hot tub or jacuzzi. The pool is outdoors and loo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Decent hotel from appearance and cleanliness standpoint. Not in Santa Cruz but right outside. Staff is ok.. Not great, not terrible.

The trouble comes in if you're a professional. Lack of central AC is interesting. A throw back to the old wild west days i guess. Worse yet is internet connectivity which is all but non-existent. If you have web-base applications you work from, or the cloud, it's pretty terrible and you'll be looking to check out early and hit your local Starbucks to get some stuff done. I got roped in via a hidden name 3* ad for an amazing rate. Probably will have to re-think doing that.

If all you need is a bed, should suffice.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. The bathrooms were spotless, even the tracks for the glass shower stales were absolutely spotless!! So after I saw that I checked for dust anywhere else in the room and there was done to be had.

The staff were very helpful and so nice to deal with.

This will be the place that I stay whenever I am back in that area. The continental breakfast served daily was very adquate, and on Sunday we paid and ate the Brunch that was served there and it was well worth the cost.

The location is wonderful. Everything we did all weekend down there was very close to where we were staying.

I would recommend this facility to everyone. It will be my choice whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: They also have rooms with fireplaces. We just stayed in a normal room, but there are many choices, s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JUDY H
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

The Inn at Pasatiempo is old and run down.it is about 15 min's outside Santa Cruz on the highway to San Jose. First room we were shown was a double-double which we did not even occupy. Then we were shown a "garden suite" which has a double bed plus a living room with a pullout sofa for the kids. The furnishings and especially the bathroom were simply ancient, decrepit and run down.No airconditioning. Although we has booked for two nights we could not stand the thought of suffering for two nights at the Inn and therefore I informed the front desk at around 9 pm that we would be checking out the next morning. Next morning i checked on the "continental breakfast buffet" but i couldn't find anything edible. At checkout i was told by the day front desk lady that i would be charged for the second night "unless she managed to sell the room we were cancelling".
I explained that we were checking out early due to our disatisfaction with the hotel but that did not impress her.
In all my years of travel i have always given American hotels credit for freat service. Even if something go's wrong they steadfastly stand behind the credo that " the customer is always right".
I have never been charged for a room i did not stay in due to the hotel's inadequacy.
Never that is,until i made the sad mistake of booking the Inn at Pasatiempo. Do Not Make the Same mistake!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Omri L
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We were very happy with our room at Inn at Pasatiempo. We had a very quiet room. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. It is very convenient to Highway 17 and Interstate 1. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast consisted of food from various levels of the food pyramid: hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, toast, fruit, fruit juice, tea, coffee, pastries and other foods. Our hotel stay was an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 302--very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family