“Retreat”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Brentwood, California, United States
“Retreat”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I were needing to take some time to get away from life, so to speak, to be able to pray and talk about our future. The fireplace room we were in was comfortable, warm, and quiet. Just what we needed. Its easy access to the freeway and Santa Cruz made it the perfect spot. We were there in the middle of the week so there were very few guests at the time.Will go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My dog and I stayed here about 4 weeks ago and I always love staying here. We stayed in the "dog room" and we both enjoyed our time. The property recently cleared a wooded area that is more than 1 acre to allow for people and their pets to enjoy. My boxer went running through this area every morning and evening. We saw three deer during our stay and my dog was thrilled. If you have a dog that needs to run like mine does, this wooded area is perfect!
I have stayed at this property 5 or 6 times and I never have had a bad stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean, and the staff is always friendly. The complimentary breakfast is also an added plus. One tip, if you are a solo female, request a room near the front of the inn as the back is a bit isolated. I had my dog with me, so I was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Lovely room-VERY comfy bed and dog friendly- very safe location. Nice location between redwoods and beach. Needs some updating but otherwise very quaint. Wonderful Farmer's Bros. coffee- YIPEE. I lived in Scott's Valley for 13 years and attended weddings and corporate functions there many times. It was FUN to finally stay there. And my dog was very happy there too.

Room Tip: Very nice and dog friendly
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

This is your typical quaint inn motel style. It is right near the golf course, and ten minutes to the beach at Santa Cruz. Their food was very good with little surprises to make it unigue. Thed beds ok. The walk to restrooms from restaurant needs updating for sure. In room coffee lacking extra sugar and cream for two. Continental breakfast ok. Whiskey sours are excellent!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights and were so impressed. Very clean and very nice employees. My wife had stayed at the Inn at Pasatiempo a couple of years ago and she loved it. We were able to stay there during our recent vacation. Thank you for a great stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Beautiful grounds with redwood trees/gardens/restaurant. convenient location off the highway.
Near a golf course.
Friendly helfpful staff.
I loved the grounds/serene/naturesque.
I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are beautiful
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JasmineC88
new iberia, la
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Booked this late due to bad traffic in San Francisco we were not sure what we would get. We were very happy with the inn, it was clean, looked recently painted. We ate that evening at the restaurant at the inn and fully enjoyed it. Bed was very comfortable, come to find out pasatiempo has a top 100 golf courses in America, pasatiempo country club, I didn't have time to play it but I went and checked it out. When I go back to San Fran in 18 months I will definitely go stay here and play golf, the course is a bit pricey at $250 green fees but that's what it runs in the Monterey area. The hotel is kind of a throw back of the old days, but was well taken care of and it is right off the highway on the way to Monterey .

• Stayed September 2012