“Our stay was very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Pasatiempo

Inn at Pasatiempo
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Fresno, CA
“Our stay was very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We booked through Hotwire, so were VERY leery about this place, especially after reading some of the reviews. Thankfully, our visit was very nice. My husband and I traveled with our son and grandson for a beach getaway. Although when we got there, they didn't have two rooms listed at first, we were given an upgrade into one of their suites which was VERY nice. The bed was very comfortable and I have back issues. My son and grandson's room was smaller and did have a 'closed in" smell when we first opened the room, but still clean and nice. They should do something about at least having a cooler or blower in the rooms - fortunately for us, the weather was at most 68-70 degrees so heat wasn't an issue. The person at the front desk was very nice and the grounds were well kept. The pool looked clean although we didn't use it. The restaurant is still closed. I don't know what this hotel normally books at, but we'd try it again if it were comparable with what we paid this time out. Given that so many hotels in Santa Cruz are nothing better than Motel 6's in quality yet charge up the ying yang, we feel we got a great deal and a nice stay!

Room Tip: The suits are definitely the way to go, however, I would request a room not facing the parking lot b...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Roseville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Inn at Pasatiempo is in serious need of a full makeover and cleanup. My wife noticed a number of bites on the inside of her arm a few hours after we checked out. I hope we not transporting any critters.

The bathroom pocket door in our room is in serious need of repair. If you close it, the door shifts outward far enough (out of the slot) to lock you in the bathroom. There's no obvious way to pull it back into slot position so it can be opened. Easy to fix but they haven't. She yelled, I pushed from the outside and all was OK. Absent someone on the outside, you've got a screamer yelling HELP!

The towel bar on the wall fell apart when a towel was removed. Easy to fix but they haven't.

Although the room has a hi-def TV, this place only pays for basic analog service so you get a poor picture unless you go through the menus and choose the 4:3 view.

The conti breakfast had good coffee but little else. "Please come back" was NOT the message.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Its true there is no air conditioning here and that should be stated up front. But these reviews are unfair. The rooms I have stayed in have never smelled musty and they have always been clean.
Beds very comfortable. Yes the property is a bit dated but I believe that is part of its charm. Maybe this property could invest in portable air conditioning units to for the hot summer days.
I have stayed here before but might think twice if weather is really hot.
I will stay on cooler days because overall its a good value and I have always had a good stay here. They gave me the managers special right after Memorial Day and it was a last minute booking. Also, the staff is always friendly and also very nice to pets. I have a boxer mix and she enjoys staying here too.

Richmond, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'm sure this place may have been nice back in the early 1980's, but it hasn't been updated since. If the temp outdoors is hot, that is what the room will be. If you're willing to sleep in whatever the outdoor temperature is, don't mind some cobwebs in the breakfast room and don't care if the bed seems to have a waterproof covering under the sheet, go ahead...

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Any $40 motel room is better. I opened the door to the room and was greeted by 100 degree hot musty air. No air conditioning, a fact not mentioned at all by the reservation clerk when I booked. Buried deep in the text on the Accommodation page of the website. In my opinion it amounts to false and deceptive advertising.

Small room, old furnishing, poorly appointed, a dump, and they wanted $180 for this kennel not fit for a dog? I ran away, they charged me for one night stay.

You need an excellent hotel in that area? Try the Hilton in Scotts Valley. Stay away from this dump.

1 Thank dan g
Davison, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

First off, I landed this gem from pricelines pot luck super deal-blind. Priceline listed several well known big chain 3 star hotels well, I got this one. It's old and dated however, at one point I'm sure it was nice. I'm going to have to give Priceline a review as well.

There is no A/C, it was 85 today and the room was an oven when I got to it. There is a window to open, but then you hear everyone and everything going on outside. So I though I'd cool off in a nice relaxing showing, turns out there is about the same water pressure as one of those portable camp showers, you know, the gravity powered plastic bag hanging in a tree type. Come to think of it, it was a lot like camping, no A/C, no water pressure, no cable TV(even if there was cable, you'd have to watch it on a TV like my grandparents had when I was a kid, surprised there wasn't any rabbit ears) and you get to hear all the outside noises!

The bathroom didn't have a counter at all, the toilet rocked back and forth while seated and in the shower there is only a tiny shelf to maybe hold a bar of soap and that's it. The room was relatively clean but not spotless. I'm not sure about the bed, I'm still to hot to sleep. I found only one available wall outlet. There's nothing close by, nada. They apparently have Internet access but the front desk failed to give me a pass code at check-in and when I decided to use the computer at 8:30pm they wouldn't answer the phone, so I don't know for sure.

Even at my, get it while its hot- smokin' deal, I probably wouldn't stay here again if they cut that price in half.

Pacifica, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

I loved it here. Very quiet, easy to find and away from the hustle and bustle of Santa Cruz party goers. Clean, quiet, and loved the A frame ceilings, most comfy beds and pillows ever. The pool is great, water was warm, had it all to ourselves. Parking lot needs repaveing, but a wonderful place to stay. The flowers were all so pretty, the gazebo, loved it. Would stay here again and would definitly recommend it.

Room Tip: Look for the price you want, they take triple A, for an even better discount. Location to the warf a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple