Inn at Pasatiempo
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$143
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$266
  • Pool
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$170
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$148
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$113
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$92
QualityInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$115
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$116
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$202
Travelocity
All reviewsbar and grillthe santa cruz areaeasy accessyogurtnice poolcoffee potlovely roomconvenient locationsan josehwyfireplaceucscredwoodsboardwalkcoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was our first time booking our reservation through Hotwire and we were a little bit worry especially after reading the reviews. However, after staying in the hotel for 2 nights, I feel satisfied with my stay. Our room was VERY CLEAN and the bed was very comfortable as well. Yes, the furnitures were a little bit dated but as long as they were clean and well maintained, that's all that matters. I wish that they would have air conditioning but luckily, the weather was not too hot when I stayed there. Overall, it was a really nice stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We booked through Hotwire, so were VERY leery about this place, especially after reading some of the reviews. Thankfully, our visit was very nice. My husband and I traveled with our son and grandson for a beach getaway. Although when we got there, they didn't have two rooms listed at first, we were given an upgrade into one of their suites which was VERY nice. The bed was very comfortable and I have back issues. My son and grandson's room was smaller and did have a 'closed in" smell when we first opened the room, but still clean and nice. They should do something about at least having a cooler or blower in the rooms - fortunately for us, the weather was at most 68-70 degrees so heat wasn't an issue. The person at the front desk was very nice and the grounds were well kept. The pool looked clean although we didn't use it. The restaurant is still closed. I don't know what this hotel normally books at, but we'd try it again if it were comparable with what we paid this time out. Given that so many hotels in Santa Cruz are nothing better than Motel 6's in quality yet charge up the ying yang, we feel we got a great deal and a nice stay!

Room Tip: The suits are definitely the way to go, however, I would request a room not facing the parking lot because if you have your window open, you'll hear anyone who passes by plus the traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Inn at Pasatiempo is in serious need of a full makeover and cleanup. My wife noticed a number of bites on the inside of her arm a few hours after we checked out. I hope we not transporting any critters.

The bathroom pocket door in our room is in serious need of repair. If you close it, the door shifts outward far enough (out of the slot) to lock you in the bathroom. There's no obvious way to pull it back into slot position so it can be opened. Easy to fix but they haven't. She yelled, I pushed from the outside and all was OK. Absent someone on the outside, you've got a screamer yelling HELP!

The towel bar on the wall fell apart when a towel was removed. Easy to fix but they haven't.

Although the room has a hi-def TV, this place only pays for basic analog service so you get a poor picture unless you go through the menus and choose the 4:3 view.

The conti breakfast had good coffee but little else. "Please come back" was NOT the message.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Its true there is no air conditioning here and that should be stated up front. But these reviews are unfair. The rooms I have stayed in have never smelled musty and they have always been clean.
Beds very comfortable. Yes the property is a bit dated but I believe that is part of its charm. Maybe this property could invest in portable air conditioning units to for the hot summer days.
I have stayed here before but might think twice if weather is really hot.
I will stay on cooler days because overall its a good value and I have always had a good stay here. They gave me the managers special right after Memorial Day and it was a last minute booking. Also, the staff is always friendly and also very nice to pets. I have a boxer mix and she enjoys staying here too.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'm sure this place may have been nice back in the early 1980's, but it hasn't been updated since. If the temp outdoors is hot, that is what the room will be. If you're willing to sleep in whatever the outdoor temperature is, don't mind some cobwebs in the breakfast room and don't care if the bed seems to have a waterproof covering under the sheet, go ahead...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo