“Very Nice Stay!!”
Review of Inn at Pasatiempo

Inn at Pasatiempo
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 8 January 2010

After reading the mixed reviews on this and other websites I was worried I would not be happy with the Inn at Pasatiempo, but decided to check out the property for myself. I am very glad I did! Our son attends UCSC so we visit quite often and intend to stay at the Inn from now on. The grounds are beautifully maintained and our room was immaculate. The property is older but is beautifully landscaped and kept in very good condition. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated with new carpet and an incredibly comfortable pillow top mattress. The complimentary breakfast buffet included eggs, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kmburly10
There are newer reviews for Inn at Pasatiempo

Reviewed 30 December 2009

I saw the bad reviews beforehand, but already booked via a bidding website, so I had no choice, and hoped that the bad reviews would turn out wrong. That does happen sometimes... Well, not this time. On my arrival, we recieved a room with no tub, so we asked and they changed our room. So I experienced 2 rooms with a weird odor...
It is true that the hotel is kind of old, I didn't mind , I think it is cute. But in my opinion the atmosphere is a bit cheap, you see the wedding decorations left everywhere....
At the evening the water was warm, but not hot enough. And you could hear noises from the other room too loudly. We ended up checking out the next morning, because it was too cold to sightsee and not a nice hotel to hang out in the room... Also there is a gap under the door that let's in cold wind.
The staff was very nice, and helped us to get a refund from the website. It is definitely not a 2.5 star level.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tamar07
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This golf course based facility is a quiet gem in a mountain side community awash in a glut of corporate hotels and motels and small time operators . It is off the 17 just before the highway 1 and 9 split. The website is a nice indication of what you will get, but the place is a bit older than you might imagine. No matter. It is aged by time and the economy, yet the people and interior of the main building is very very nice, especially at Christmas time. The Gem of the place is the dining room and the lobby, awash with wonderful smells and decor. The bar is open and the setting intimate. The rooms are clean and sturdy. I found no problem with my room at all. The golf course is immediately next door and you can drive or walk in , I suppose. The main road into town is a 1/4 mile away, and will take you past banks and gas stations until you finally get to the pier. It has the worlds oldest wooden roller coaster , one hundred years old this year, 2009. And let me tell you something, Huntington Beach is NOT the surf capitol. It is rightfully Santa Cruz, which Surfer magazine again proclaims. That being said, the road out is just as pedestrian . You will need to be careful on Highway 17, as it can be treacherous in and out of the Santa Clara- Santa Cruz area. So watch your speed and those around you at all times.

I agree that this is a hidden gem, and I feel the class of the Cruz. Enjoy your stay, go to Monterey or whereever you like . Just remember, it is Santa Cruz, the surf capitol of the world. I know. I knew it when I was kid growing up in San Jose, and it still is now. Happy Travels and be blessed.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank sfgiantpoet
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My wife and I expected a nice getaway. For our honeymoon we wanted a inexpensive place off and away from others.The Inn was just that. We recieved a extremely comfortable room. Location is convenient, quiet and beautifully landscaped. The Inn is located two miles from the Boardwalk. Restaurant onsite was wonderful. Staff were friendly and most helpful. All for a low and affordable price. We definitely shall return.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I live in Santa Cruz County. My parents love to visit this area as often as possible. For our Mother's Day celebration I needed to find a nice, well maintained place for my parents to stay. I drove up to Pasatiempo Inn and met with the very lovely front desk lady. She took me on a tour, showed me a beautiful room and the amazing gardens. The room had expensive bedding like a luxury hotel. I was really impressed. My parents will stay there every time they visit from now on. My mother has issues with her balance-at Pasatiempo Inn there are no stairs-all one level-Perfection! My parents loved their stay and the free breakfast- All for less than $80.00 with tax!! Outstanding! Close to everything!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank QueenElizabeth2
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I had a motorcycle trip planned up the coast, going all the way to Bend Oregon. I booked this place through priceline. Turned out that there was a blizzard in Oregon and the passes were covered with snow and ice, no way I could take the bike up. So I called priceline and the Inn at Pasatiempo, and after a bit of back and forth they changed my stay to two weeks later. I hope the weather will clear up by then.

T

Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2009

We had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and most helpful. The most comfortable mattress we had ever slept on. Location is convenient, quiet and beautifully landscaped. We stayed in one of the fireplace suites and loved it. They offer a continental breakfast and the Peachwood Restaurant onsite is wonderful. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple