“Pizza, pizza oh my”

La Posta Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Posta Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cross street: Murray
San Francisco, California
“Pizza, pizza oh my”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Plain looking on the outside, we wouldn't have tried La Posta if our friends hadn't recommended it. They said 'make a reservation, it's a happening place!' and we are so glad we went. We took our time with the menu because there were wonderful things in each dish. Settled on a nettle-pesto pizza with very fresh ricotta, pine nuts and chile peppers. The flavor was vibrant and I liked the heat. We also had a fig with prosciutto pizza and roast pork with cherries. We shared everything across the table and oohed and awed our way through dinner. There seem to be a lot of returning customers and the staff made everyone feel welcome. Would love to go again.

• Visited June 2014

Santa Cruz, California
“Great hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went there on a business dinner, excellent appetizers, fresh meats, and great service. They have a variety of meats, cheese and wines to choose from

• Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Nice spot for date or dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The place has a good vibe and a nice selections of Italian wine. Food is okay, pizza is good. There is a private parking on the back of the restaurant. They use local products.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beatrice G
Santa Cruz, California
“always suberb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Last night took out of town, well-traveled friend to La Posta. We wanted to dinner and "catch-up" time to be "marvelous" and it was. LP has bistro flavor - neighborhood atmosphere. I had pasta, she and my husband had sole = perfection re: presentation and flavors; not a drop left on 3 dishes! I could eat a full plate of their bread: "real" sourdough is hard to find (sour-ish, melt in mouth "inner" w/firm crust). Our waitperson was friendly, attentive but did not ever hover so our conversation was albe to flow, gave good "food item" descriptions to "what is this word?" (real foodies we aren't). We reserved for 6:15 by 7:15 it was filling up - I do recommend a reservation.
About $65. per person (salad, entree, wine, desert) including tip > worth it.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank patti b
Los Gatos
“Best Restaurant in Santa Cruz (but don't tell anyone)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Santa Cruz County does not have many good restaurants; I can count the really good ones on one hand. I am a terrible cook and when I go to most SC restaurants I always think their chefs are almost as bad as I am. La Posta is the one restaurant I really want to return to these days. The food is southern European and delicious and their wines are great and not four or five times the price of the same bottle a few blocks away at Costco. Their Tuesday night specials for locals are a great bargain and include a glass of house wine. The wait staff is friendly and attentive but does not hover. It's perfect!

• Visited March 2014