“Good food let down by the bar staff”

Aquarius - Dream Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquarius - Dream Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 388 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bay Street
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We had a lovely meal in the restaurant. I had booked a table from the room but when I arrived the table was not ready and we had to wait a while. Never good with children. Bar staff mentioned that we could not have children at the bar...agreed...did not stop a mother and daughter 5ft away! double standards.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great restaurant overlooking the ocean! The ambiance was nice, friendly service, live music, very convenient since we were at the hotel, and the food was great!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Nice atmosphere with committed customer service staff.

1st time seeing a restaurant serving lemonade without ice <requested> (not filling up) which makes the charge high...

Food could be monitored more closely (cook through, serve warm) before delivering to the hungry patrons. Otherwise dishes are tasty.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ate here as part of a bachelorette party and was very disappointed. The view can not be beat but food and service was lacking. We had a large table in a separated space that was good and while there were servers available I had to keep asking for everything. After being served water twice I finally asked if I could order some wine. It also took a hour to get our order placed and longer to get out food. For a group of 10 we went through 12 baskets of bread as we were so hungry and not getting our food(they delivered 3 baskets at a time). The food was ok, the rib eye had good flavor but the crispy potato side did not go well with it and was hard to eat. My friend had the chicken that was good but states the mashed potato was watery and did not consume it. One member had to send back her fish because it was burnt on the bottom. Overall it was not a good experience. I must say the wait staff was very friendly and interactive, just not very good at handling a group.

1  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Dream Inn has had, what seems like, countless culinary ventures that have come and gone.

Aquarius, however, I believe is the best that has been there in a long time.

1) They have outstanding seating, with views of Monterey Bay.

2) It is one of the most comfortably spacious restaurants in Santa Cruz. They have a LOT of floor space that allows you a lot of "personal" space, without being stacked, back to back, like other eateries in the area.

3) In addition to comfort & view, they also have some of the best service in Santa Cruz. Always very friendly, prompt and accommodating.

4) Their menu is fresh, creative and varied. And their execution is outstanding.

5) Their bar is, as bars go, descent enough...can't judge by me really, I'm not much of a bar enthusiast....However, what I did notice, was, the bar is located & isolated well enough from the dining area, that the noise from the partying crowd doesn't distract from the dining experience :-)

My recommendation....Well worth your time..Give them a try.