“Good and comfortable”
Review of Mission Inn

Mission Inn
Ranked #11 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stopoed in Santa Cruz for a coupke of nights en route to San Francisco. The Inn was modern, comfortable and reasonably priced. Breakfast was included andcwas a self service including cereal, english muffins, waffles, bagels and all the accompaniments you needed. Well wirth consudering if visiting Santa Cruz

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Mission Inn in santa cruz turned out to be a great value. I travel extensively and found the inn to be spotlessly clean and comfortable. Additionally, Naomi at the front desk allowed me to get in to my room earlier than the 3:00 pm check-in time. Though the inn is on a main road, it was quiet allowing me to sleep peacefully

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was our first visit. We were with a group. We had a nice room on the ground floor--very comfortable. The hotel clerk was very helpful in helping me check in and get things into our room,
The breakfast room was upstairs and and with no elevator was difficult for me to get to. I did get up the first morning but it was too hard so my husband brought my breakfast down to the room.

Room Tip: Ground floors good and no noise from above. We would stay here again if we return.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at the Mission Inn and found it to be a pretty good place. I have stayed at 4 other hotels in / around Santa Cruz. I picked this hotel because of its location and, when compared to the prices of the hotels near the water, Mission Inn was a relative bargain. There is free wifi and breakfast and a sauna and hot tub are available. The hotel is on a busy street - but I heard none of the street traffic. The staff is very friendly and good at what they do. The room was clean although the layout (at least in my room) where the sink and towels were outside of the bathroom was a tad funky. The mattress and pillows were great as was having a large mini-frig and microwave in the room. The room heater / a/c unit was a tad noisy but in some ways it was great white noise for sleeping. I would stay at the Mission Inn again.

Room Tip: Pick a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeffreyjfred
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Mission Inn was a nice find for us. We usually stay at a name-brand motel, but it was late and we were tired from a l-o-n-g drive. We saw the Mission Inn upon arriving in Santa Cruz, and decided to give it a chance. The clerk was very helpful and personable, and the room was very nice. They also offer AAA discounts. We spent a while in the spa tub, then in the sauna. Great way to unwind after a day on the road. Nice, restful night on a comfy bed. The next morning, we were treated with a delicious continental breakfast, then were on our way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room was very clean and had all the amenities; fridge, hairdryer, good A/C, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It's located near good eateries and grocery store. We only had one night to stay but certainly would've stayed longer. It doesn't have that "big corporation" feel; it's more homey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Albizia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in the Mission Inn for three nights. It was in a nice location very close to a grocery store and the college. It is a bit dated but very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would suggest that they open the breakfast earlier. The room is very crowded right at 8 when it opens. If it opened earlier, I think it would alleviate the crowd. The selection is not great but ok for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family