Mission Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Sea & Sand Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Breakfast included
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
Beachview inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast roommission streetdonut shophot tubfrench bakerybusy streetdecent coffeebagelsstaff was very friendly and helpfulother hotelsspa tublast minute tripwould stay here againvery pleasant stayhard boiled eggsfront desk personminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have stayed here several years ago and decided to give it a try again. It is easy in and easy out. I had a Queen room and it was very large. I felt I could set up bowling pins and have a game or two the room was so deep.You are out of the hustle of Ocean St but with access to just about everything you might need. They have done some remodeling since I was there last and the outdoor patio is nice for a take away and a afternoon or evening glass of wine. It was raining the weekend I was there so couldn't take advantage of it. I look forward to my next stay in a few months.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank dimples_us_99
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family and I just stayed in their 2-King room this past weekend and had a great stay. We drove up after work so we got in late but the staff was wonderful. We called and asked about where to eat and they were able to figure out where we were and give us phone directions to the wharf for a late night cup of chowder. Once we got to the room the desk attendant was more than happy to open the breakfast room and let me get a cup of coffee before heading to my room. The room was clean, surprisingly big and overlooked a courtyard. The breakfast was great (waffles and breakfast sandwiches in addition to normal continental breakfast) and the hotel is conveniently located across the street from a big doughnut shop. Overall we had 4 adults in the room and all of us thought that the room was a great room and were shocked at the value. Will definitely want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Breakfast room in on the second floor so if you don't want to use stairs before breakfast, request a second floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kristynkk
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Unpretentious, comfortable, quiet, convenient location, friendly and helpful staff. This was our second stay at this hotel in the past couple of years and I am sure we will keep coming back. We love the proximity to Natural Bridges, UCSC, Safeway, Kelly's French Bakery, Laundromats etc etc. Excellent pre-visit communication too. The outside lights are a bit bright, but the curtains are thick. The hair dryer did not work but otherwise everything was great. No complaints at all. Very fond of this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor, away from hot tub and away from the main road (Mission st) are the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

On a recent last minute trip to SC in early January, we booked a room here a few days ahead of time. (I remember this place from 30 yrs ago when it was truly a dump, but recent reviews were promising). We arrived at 9pm & were given a 2nd floor room in the back area of hotel. Though we were having crazy warm weather, the room was freezing cold. Even after running the heat for an hour, we could not get warm. Then I noted a gap under the door that was at least an inch wide, allowing the ocean wind to blow right in. I put a few pillows over the gap & that helped. Still, the beds had just 1 of those terrible fake velour blankets & even with 2 people in each bed our teeth chattered. Also, the blackout curtains had a huge gap, so that the harsh streetlights beamed right in from Mission street. We tried everything to close the gap but could not. This plus the cold cold room & no blankets = very bad night indeed. This is too bad, b/c the beds are super comfy & much nicer than you would expect. Why hotel/motels do not put proper blankets/quilts on beds is just beyond me. (yes there is a noisy heater blowing dusty air....can't sleep w/that on either).

The room was nicely decorated & spacious, clean & quiet. The staff are SUPER nice. The evening check-in guy could not have been more pleasant. I did not call the desk to complain about the cold or the curtain problem because my kids were asleep & I did not want any staff to come up.

Breakfast was average. Lots of pre-packaged lousy pastries, etc.
We would not go back without bringing our own blankets. For $140/night I should not need to do that.

Room Tip: Back of property will be quieter; check that curtains close all the way & for very large wind-gap under door (corridors open to the ocean winds)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I like to ride up into the hills and stay away from downtown and avoid all the traffic in town.
This location is perfect for riders who just want to relax after the motorcycle gets parked.
Walking distance to restuaraunts, a donut shop, Safeway, etc. and a DIY Carwash
right across the street. The beach is maybe 1/2 mile away and a nice walk through
a funky but safe neighborhood.

The staff gave me free upgrades both trips and I was able to park my bike away from
the highway so it couls not be seen.

The breakfast was almost exactly what I would have at home! I mean, who wants to spend time in the breakfast room anyway? Sheesh.

The price is fair for Santa Cruz and they don't rise and fall with the swells.

I work in an hotel at night and both visits was able to check in a lttle early on a Friday.
I did not have any problems sleeping on Friday nights which is usually the rowdiest
night of the week. Everyone I've dealt with at this property was friendly, professional,
and accomodating and you can trust that I know the difference.

Some of the items in the room show wear but the bed was perfect and the room
extremely clean. They have electronic keys and double locks so it's secure. No
problems with the bike.

Room Tip: A general tip is to get there early at any lodging. The best rooms for me at this property are the ones away from the road but I wear earplugs in any case.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter R K
Kenn C, General Manager at Mission Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the great review. Our staff takes so much pride in serving our friends and customers!

I enjoyed talking with you in the lobby on your last visit.

Kenn Clark