“A fun day at the beach with an amusement park feel”

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Book In Advance
More Info
US$399.00*
and up
9-Hour Chauffeured Monterey Bay Coast Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is a classic seaside amusement park. The admission-free attraction features thrill rides like the famous Giant Dipper roller coaster, kiddie rides, games, shops, food, and year-round indoor activities. Admission is free. Ride tickets may be purchased per ride, per day, or per season. Free summer entertainment includes Free Friday Night Bands on the Beach.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I spent the day here at the end of August and had a nice time. This is a great place to people watch, enjoy the sun, beach and ride some rides. They have all kinds of rides, games, an arcade and many food choices. We come here a few times a year and spend the day enjoying the beach and later having some good seafood and drinks for dinner. I have been coming here since I was a kid and still enjoy it just like the old days, it is a really nice way to spend the day!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the few left on either coast. Biggest attraction in Santa Cruz. Check to make certain that most of the rides will be open. This is right on the water and good family fun.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Great view and sun . I always get season pass and it's worth it. Kids run around having fun and I'm "at the beach. " Great free acrobat shows in summer.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've lived in Santa Cruz for 50 years and one mile from the Beach Boardwalk for 20 years. There's not other place like this. It's fun, it's funky. It's close to (walking distance) the Municipal Wharf, Westcliff Drive, and Pacific Avenue.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been coming to the Boardwalk since I was a small child. The rides may change periodically but the thrills and chills remain the same even though when I was a child you could ride the Big Dipper a second time for a quarter without getting up from your seat and getting back in line.

It was always a big thrill when my East Bay parents would pack us up back up and take us to the coast for a couple of days in Monterey with a side trip to the boardwalk on the way. The excitement really mounted when we got to the Pasatiempo exit and we could smell the salt air.

Fast forward a few decades and although I live on the Central Coast I very rarely go to the boardwalk anymore unless it is for a Friday night concert during the summer. It's still fun to walk around and ride the Big Dipper once for old times and old memory's sake. Heck, maybe if the weather holds we'll go down for a couple of hours over the weekend; it's still a lot of fun and I still love the caramel apples. It tends to be an expensive outing for a family with the high cost of rides but it can be very cheap if you just walk around looking at all the sea of humanity, the old rides and take a spin on the antique carousel.