“Strolling the boardwalk in the hot sun”

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Book In Advance
More Info
US$399.00*
and up
Monterey Bay Coastal Day Trip from San Francisco...
Ranked #10 of 62 things to do in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is a classic seaside amusement park. The admission-free attraction features thrill rides like the famous Giant Dipper roller coaster, kiddie rides, games, shops, food, and year-round indoor activities. Admission is free. Ride tickets may be purchased per ride, per day, or per season. Free summer entertainment includes Free Friday Night Bands on the Beach.
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We were visiting California from Oregon and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk was high on my list of attractions to see. My husband, two children and I enjoyed our stroll along the boardwalk and picnicking on the hot sand. The rides are pretty standard prices averaging $3-5 per person. The games ranged from $2-3 per try. There is an arcade fun center at one end of the walk that I wish we’d come across sooner as the claw machines that my kiddos love are only $1 per try. We bought chicken wraps for lunch at one of the booths and they were large, filling and delicious. I do recommend checking out a local Costco if you plan to ride a bunch of rides. They sell a pass for $89 that includes unlimited rides for two people and a $25 game credit.

1  Thank oregonmomma2
Write a ReviewReviews (3,328)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"all ages"
in 174 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

No visit to Santa Cruz is complete without a long stroll on the picturesque Santa Cruz boardwalk. It’s the ideal place for all ages. The amusement park and ocean add to the colourful location.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Enjoyed out time at the clean beach. As a tourist, we didn't have our own chairs and umbrella, so I had to go buy $16 folding chairs and a $24 umbrella unless I wanted us to burn in the sun. A parking attendant had informed me that there were chairs and umbrellas for rent but unfortunately that was not the case. So, I had to spend the money because I had already paid the $16 a day parking fee. You can park on the street by the parking meters but you have to know to have coins on hand to fill the machine because the meters don't take credit cards, the meters only takes quarters. It cost $1.50 an hour but again, you have to have change with you and you have to keep going back to the meter to refill it. The boardwalk if different from any other boardwalk than I have seen. It is filled with a ton of rides. It looks like an an amusement park for kids. Other boardwalks, you walk for miles with shops, eateries, and entertainment, or benches for people to relax. This didn't have that feeling... it wasn't all bad. It's a nice boardwalk - if you have kids but don't go there expecting to go on a romantic stroll. You may want to go to a different beach for a couples environment. The beach was fun and families were laid out all over the place. The water was cold - of course~ but overall - it's a nice place to just go relax. There was plenty to eat but expect to walk to get you snacks if you are hungry.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Had a good time on the beach at the boardwalk. We weren't there for the rides, however, we enjoyed the excitement and fun. Spent more time walking the beach and checking out the many ways to spend money. Things are definitely now expensive on the boardwalk.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Everytime I come here, to the boardwalk and partake in ALL the fun activities the Boardwalk has to offer; it is always a Blast!

On this trip, it was amazing. Updated arcade games, a ticket system that is on your arcade card. No more paper tickets! Yay! You can spend hours in the Arcade.

Mini golf to laser tag and of course the rides! It is endless fun.
It's great for all ages and when you want to relax, you can just walk on the Sandy beach.

Food is like theme park food. I enjoy the Roasted Corn booth and the Lemonade from Hotdog on a Stick.

Explore the possibilities of this place. You won't forget it.

I always recommend everyone to visit the boardwalk.