“ok”

Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Hayward, ca
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

hotel was right by offramp of freeway, traffic noise all night....rooms small, but nice, with mini fridge and microwave....bathrooms nice too. breakfast adequate, and indoor pool small and clean. could probably have done better price wise, at another hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thanks very much for your review. I have to admit, my sense of irony is kicking in when reading this review right after its immediate predecessor... we do try to make all of our guests happy but that is an extremely difficult thing to do! But I'm really glad that you liked the rooms and found your stay adequate. And again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Exactly what I expected from a Hampton Inn. Nice room - clean, comfortable bed, friendly, accomodating hotel staff. Very conveniently located, right off the highway. Very nicely priced at about half the rate of some of the other Santa Cruz properties. My AARP rate, with tax, came to less than $125 for the night - and that included a nice breakfast, with many food choices, very good coffee, and waffles you made fresh on the spot! I would definitely stay there again! We were in town to hear my good friend, singer, Sony Holland, perform and I was sorry I hadn't booked the hotel for a second night. Santa Cruz is too wonderful a place, with its great restaurants and beautiful scenery, to rush in and out in a single day.

I've stayed at many different properties in Santa Cruz during my 34 years of living in the Bay area but I don't think I'd go anywhere but the Hampton Inn now that I've discovered how nice it iis!

My only complaint was that the wi-fi was so slow, I finally gave up on it. It was a good thing I wasn't there on business and really needing to use my computer.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
What lovely comments! Thank you so much!! I'm so glad to know that you enjoyed not just the hotel but Santa Cruz, as well... I agree, Santa Cruz is a special place (and sometimes quirky, but that's just part of its charm, yes?)

So sorry about the internet connection... actually, we're in the process of converting from wired to wireless connections throughout the hotel and not to pass the buck but we're sort of at the mercy of the company that is doing this work. Again, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and do hope to have this done by early fall.

Thanks again for posting such a great review, we really appreciate it and hope to see you again soon!
Ventura
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

There's nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was clean and well-run. Beds were comfortable. Room could use a bit of updating (some peeling paint in the bathroom, a little wear and tear throughout.) Breakfast was fine -- usual bagels, waffles etc but very little in the way of anything fresh. (If you don't count the black bananas). The pool was a joke, barely bigger than a hottub.

The hotel is a few blocks down from the Santa Cruz Diner which offers wonderful food for very little money. I'd highly recommend taking the walk for a good dinner.

1 Thank guacomole
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to write in. I appreciate your suggestion about breakfast, and will definitely keep that in mind in seeing what we can do to revamp our selections. Thanks again! Hope you will come stay with us again.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed a couple of nights to take the kids to the beach/boardwalk. It was an easy drive to the beach/boardwalk. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The pool is really like a big bath tub as others have said. Parking was free and easily accessible. Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel - thank you for being our guest and for your positive feedback. Please come again!
El Prado, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

The staff, friendliness and helpflness, decor and cleanliness matched or exceeded sofitel. In fact, my daughter and wife both staed they liked it better here. The managers, Ray and Sue Patel were over the top in service and adaptability to our needs as a family. We plan to sty here whenever we visit Sana Cruz. Access to the highway mde it easy to move into any part od Santa Cruz as well as a simple hop on the freeway to the By Area. Thanks to Patels and stff.
Lar C. Short

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, we really really appreciate it! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be a good value. And even better to hear that you'll come see us again next time you're in town! Thanks again for being our guest.
Modesto, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Every employee I came across was extremely friendly and accomodating. They gave me the impression that they were there to help me and happy to do so. Breakfast was ample -- two hot offerings, oatmeal, yogurt, bread, muffins, bagels, cereal. Really great for young children. It was kept clean and replenished often. The employee taking care of the Breakfast area was always visible.
The room fit a King bed and a Queen pullout. It was tight but everything was clean.
Parking was free but I wouldn't go out there at night by myself. Parking was adjacent to a Denny's parking lot. The location is just about 10 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes to the boardwalk.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank K-12Teacher
StephanieHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We really ARE glad you're here... our guests are the ones who make our job special and there's nothing better than having one of you let us know that you enjoyed yourself! So again, thanks. We really hope that you will come and stay with us again next time you're in Santa Cruz.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Tried to reach Stephanie 3 times over a 1 week period to book a group at the hotel. Left message after message and never received a return call. I guess she is too busy for any new business.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
StephanieHilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
I am really, really sorry that this happened. To not receive a reply to your request must have felt like we do not value your business, and that is not the case at all. Again, I really apologize and do not know how your message was misplaced/overlooked or what happened. If you care to send an email directly to the hotel "ATTN Stephanie" I would love the chance to correspond with you about this.

Deepest apologies.