“Comfortable and Free Breakfast”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed on business and the hotel was clean and the people accomodating I would stay again It was nice to always have coffee in the lobby when I returned in the afternoon

Room Tip: It was all good
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank terri b
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you so much for letting us know that you liked the hotel. We really appreciate it, and really hope that you will come stay with us again next time you're in Santa Cruz.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I spent one night at this hotel (while attending a family party nearby) with my adult daughter and 91-year-old mother. The front desk staff was friendly and hospitable, the complimentary breakfast was better than average, the room was adequate for the three of us, and the room was spotless.

My error though - I failed to reserve a handicapped room, not thinking that my mother was handicapped; she is 91 years old, but in pretty good condition. I did not think that the bed would be too high for her or the toilet too low. Upon checking out, I inquired about handicapped rooms and was told that there were two downstairs by the dining room. I would not want to stay by the dining room because, as a previous reviewer stated, the rooms by the dining room were noisy. I had my mother use the restroom by the lobby before leaving, but the light was out, and the manager brought us a flashlight.

I would definitely stay here again, but not while traveling with Mother.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and thank you for your positive comments. I'm glad that the hotel suited your needs, while being very sorry to hear that it wasn't quite what you needed for your Mom. I'm glad to hear that there were no mishaps with your room - and as you said, you would not have thought that an accessible room would have been required.

A note to our other travelers: We do offer the full range of accessibility options in our rooms. Please ask at the front desk about these.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I wanted to do something special for my sister's birthday, so treated her to a night at this hotel. Was I ever happy to hear what a great stay she had! Based on her experience, the service was excellent. The room was clean and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was generous, with plenty of choices. The location is right off the freeway, easy access and very quiet room. It was a straight drive to the Santa Cruz boardwalk. She had a great time and would definitely stay there again. It was just what I wanted to hear!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank southbaytravelers
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

And this is also just exactly what we like to hear! We're so glad that your sister enjoyed her stay, thank you SO much for letting us know. We hope that she (and you!) will have the opportunity to stay with us again sometime! Thanks again.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed here on a gorgeous December day and were somewhat disappointed. The staff was great - at check-in and check-out. The location was disappointing in that it seemed to be in the main flow of homeless people drifting through and begging. We'd heard Santa Cruz was this way but to be confronted getting out of your car in the front of the hotel when you are going to check in was a little disconcerting. Then again to be hassled in the morning when we left. The room was standard Hampton which is fine. Had problems with the TV and had to do some channel programming to get it working. The morning breakfast was quite good and the little eating area pleasant. I did particularly like the "atrium" like opening up through the floors - it kept things bright! Not sure I'd return for the price though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and in the back so as not to face the main street.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pasowine
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thanks so much for your review, and thank you for your compliments to our staff. They are very much appreciated.

Regarding the issue of the homeless people, I am really sorry that you had this experience and wish there was something that we could have done to alleviate it. I hope that you will come and stay with us again, as most often this isn't as much of a concern as it was during your visit. Again, we're very sorry that this happened. Take care, and thanks again for writing in.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed here while on business in the Santa Cruz area. My stay was booked for 3 nights but I ended up extending my stay to 5 nights.

The hotel is very nice, rooms were clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cosportsfan
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

And we will really look forward to having you again. Thanks so much for the review, we really appreciate it and are glad that you liked the hotel. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Checked into the Hampton Inn this afternoon (second stay here) and, as usual, can count on Hampton Inn quality and cleanliness of Hilton properties. What makes the property so special is the staff. Jason, greeted me on arrival and was so helpful with directions and recommendation. Samantha, night staff is just really exceptional as well. As they noted, the hotel is so close to 'city center' and great restaurants and shops, that the walk was preferred to the drive. This is just an ideal property and Samantha and Jason are just top notch Hilton employees. I hope someone from Hilton reads this and lets them know their value.

Room Tip: No tips...it's just a nice property
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

WOW! Thank you!! And we couldn't agree with you more, Jason and Samantha are unerringly fantastic and we are absolutely lucky to have them here. Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know, you've made all of our days and it is so much appreciated. We hope that you will be staying with us again sometime soon, and again thank you SO MUCH for your consideration.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Large rooms with a good bathroom. In the room was a refrigerator and microwave. The staff was very pleasant, and the room was kept clean. They have a good breakfast included in the room rate. Lots of free parking.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
StephanieHilton, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2012

Thanks so much for your review! We're so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and really hope to see you again soon.