Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$130
ComfortInn
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$165
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
US$344
US$266
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$179
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$332
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$243
  • Pool
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$265
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$235
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$123
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$190
Agoda.com
All reviewsindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastocean streetconvenient locationthe breakfast areafront desk staffroom was clean and comfortablewafflesshort drivefreewayparkingatriumdennysucscdowntownbeddingwharf
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The check in "customer service" lady argued with us when we questioned the difference between online and phone price quotes we encountered, then told us she "would be happy" to have us stay at another hotel, even though we weren't being belligerent and were just simply inquiring. Our room smelt like septic waste back up, the beds were shaky and flimsy, and mattresses were very past their prime and extremely soft to the point of hurting. The walls are paper thin, and our room looked right onto a roof which entirely obstructed the view. It was like staring into a brick wall from 5 ft away. Coffee pot set up is weird and you have to take the entire coffee maker into the bathroom to make coffee each morning; the microwave is nearly sitting on the ground. The septic smell literally woke us up one night when we forgot to close the bathroom door and when I complained to the desk about it, the man there smiled and said "yes well that sometimes happens". UM WHAT?! So they already knew and have done nothing... Nice...so glad we spent 170+ a night for that crap (literally).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hummingbird676
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

I am very surprised to read that you had such a disappointing stay. I have spoken to the management and staff about your complaints, and they are being addressed. I apologize if there was any miscommunication at some point during your stay.

As you know, we have already been in contact with you and reached a satisfactory resolution, which we are pleased to have provided, but I wanted to address your concerns here, as well. I appreciate your time, and hope that we can have you with us again, and that you experience a more enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This Hampton Inn in Santa Cruz has exceeded the services level as expected by Hilton Hotel Chain! Myself and my son have stayed in this excellent hotel for the past 30 days. We would like to express our sincere thanks to the strong leadership & management of Sue/Ray as well as the front desk servicing team members (Josephine/Samantha/Diane/George/Thomas and Jason), they have provided us the great and family like services during our long stay. As for the breakfast and housekeeping teams were excellent, the hotel room very clean and great breakfast everyday especially the waffles. Great lobby with the breakfast area and complimentary juices & coffee/tea all days. The complimentary access to PCs and printer facilities were really value added features. In summary, excellent hotel for short and long stays and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whom are and will be visiting Santa Cruz in the near future. As for location, easy access to Santa Cruz downtown and also the airport shuttle stop. Finally, I would like to say thanks again to the great family like teams that Sue and Ray have built up to deliver the Hilton promise services and standards to their guests and Hilton Honors Members. Regards, J Cheung (Singapore)...

Room Tip: Remember to book early to avoid disappointment as this Hampton Inn is always full and very popular.
2  Thank Jonathan_YK_C888
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Whoa! Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review! It was a pleasure having you and your son with us, and I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your time here so much. Thanks for mentioning our staff by name, and especially Ray and Sue, the unsung heroes who have made this hotel their second home. I'm very happy that you found our breakfast and computer access to your liking, as well, and that you were able to fully utilize our offerings. I wish your son the best of luck in his schooling, and we all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to see him! Thanks again for the review, as well as choosing to staying with us!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This Hampton in Santa Cruz was a great place for our family to gather for a wedding trip. With lots of family there we appreciated the large gathering/breakfast room/ lobby that allowed us to relax and visit. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was tasty with coffee available all day.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that you found your room, our breakfast area, and the breakfast itself to your liking. While we do not have banquet facilities or meeting rooms, we find that many wedding groups like to stay with us due to our convenient location and value. Thank you for the great review, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again, perhaps for a future anniversary gathering!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I pulled into the parking lot of this hotel to find EVERY parking space labeled "COMPACT ONLY". All vehicles (none of which were compact) were parked so that it required shimmying to get out of your car, and mine now has a few door dings...The walls of our room must have been made from rice paper, because I can tell you the names of the occupants staying in the room next to us... Being on the first floor, it sounded like the lobby breakfast buffet was IN our room rather then five feet from our door (lousy layout). And I've never slept so close to a street! Let alone a shared driveway to a 24hr Denny's restaurant! I let the front desk know that the room was a sound magnet and that I didn't sleep a wink and asked for another room. They said they were booked solid and apologized. I realize that thin walls, a space under the door you can see through, poor hotel design, and all night traffic is not the fault of the hotel clerk, but some compensation should have been made for my miserable experience, but there was nothing offered. The nod and apology seemed rehearsed and routine. We only stayed two nights, so after checking with front desk many times to see if something had come available for night number two, (it hadn't, but I received an apology) I asked for earplugs which they provided- that's my positive feedback, that they had earplugs (and toasted almonds for the oatmeal which was free). The last straw- I asked for late checkout when I booked this room, two weeks prior. I stated again when checking in, I'd like late checkout, but never received a yes or no answer. The night before our checkout, I called the front desk to be told there would be no late checkout requests honored, but I did get yet another apology...

Room Tip: Avoid Santa Cruz. It's scary.
2  Thank ThymeLee
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel. We are currently addressing your complaints through another channel to ensure your satisfaction. However, I would like to address your complaints here, as well.

I'm sorry that you found parking difficult at our property. It is true that we have a number of compact parking spaces at our hotel, but we also provide non-compact spaces at the rear of our property which can accommodate larger vehicles.

As for the noise issues you experienced during your stay, as I understand it, the other attendees of the youth soccer tournament you were participating in were the cause of some excess noise during breakfast. While we do urge guests to be considerate of others, large gatherings can sometimes disturb guests staying on the first floor, despite our efforts. Unfortunately, we were entirely sold out during that weekend, and were unable to relocate you.

While we do make our best efforts to accommodate late checkouts, we cannot guarantee their availability due to a number of factors outside of our control. I'm sorry that we were unable to offer you the three hour late checkout that you requested, but unfortunately it was simply not available.

Again, we are working through other channels to ensure your satisfaction. We hope that have the opportunity to have you with us again and provide you with a more positive experience.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Awesome place to stay. Right off freeway, close to down town. Staff were wonderful. Great breakfast. Room very clean. Front desk staff were very courteous. Parking was good but some spaces limited do to Denny's next door

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I'm glad that our location worked so well for you, and that you enjoyed our breakfast and staff. It's true that we do share a parking lot with Denny's and that sometimes it does get a little crowded, but it's a pretty sizable lot so there's enough spaces for everyone. Thanks for the great review!