“very convenient location and very helpful staff”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
“very convenient location and very helpful staff”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Only stayed one night. The staff very helpful at check in, at breakfast and on departure. More than adequate breakfast and 'breakfast to go' if in a rush. Convenient location for freeways and town. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as it was very quiet

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed our staff and daily hot breakfast, and found our On The Run breakfast bags convenient. Thanks for taking the time to review our property, and I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again the next time you're in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Oakhurst, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The manager of the hotel, Sue, is amazing! She said she works 7 days a week because she wants to, and her enjoyment and passion for people shows. I was having a down day one morning and had missed the Continental Breakfast because I was crying alone in my room. I finally made it out to the area only to see that everything had been put away. I went to the front desk where Sue was and asked if I could just have a banana or an apple since I missed breakfast. It was apparent that she noticed my morning had not started out so well, so she offered me whatever I wanted for breakfast and helped me with what I needed. She sat with me and talked to me with sincere compassion. She helped me see things from a different perspective with the homesickness I was having and helped me in more ways than just making sure the hotel was clean. Sue is a good person and should be well rewarded for going above and beyond. I've never encountered a "business person" who has stepped out of that role and into that of a listener, counselor, and friend. I've always chosen Hampton Inns for their cleanliness and quality for the price, but this particular hotel went above and beyond. Please make sure to ask for Sue so you can experience and commended for her dedication to not only the hotel, but to the patrons and people in general.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I shared it with the staff at our hotel, and it really made an impact. I personally shared it with Sue, and she was very happy that she was able to make such a difference in your day. While we all strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and welcome as possible, Sue really does go above and beyond. It's amazing just how many guests ask for Sue when they check in before they do anything else. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and Sue and I hope that we can see you again the next time that you're in the area.
San Pedro, CA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very friendly helpful staff. Everyone did their best to help us and make sure we were happy. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Very nice breakfast with great slections. Parking lot was close allowing for quick loading and unloading of the bags.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! It's great to read that our parking lot, hot breakfast and high housekeeping standards worked so well for you. I'm also happy to read that our staff provided you with great customer service. We get a lot of comments from our guests about what great work our front desk and housekeeping staff does, and we always love receiving them. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you're in the area.
Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We always enjoy this family run hampton inn. The manager at check in is extremely pleasant and personable, the rooms are excellent and I travel often so I am very picky. Breakfast is nice. It is a family hotel, and a great hotel for the price in Santa Cruz.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for writing us such a great review! It's true that our hotel is family run, and that feeling of family extends down through our excellent staff and our friendly managers, who really make our property feel like a second home. It's good to read that you enjoyed your room, and that you found our breakfast to your liking, and I hope that we can see you again soon!
Sonoma, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Top of the line Hampton Inn. Friendly and interested Front Desk Staff. Great open atrium layout. Right on the entrance to Santa Cruz from 17. Pleanty of breakfast items restocked frequently. Nice new LCD TV.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! It sounds like you were fond our staff and location, and that you were able to take advantage of our daily hot breakfast. Our atrium and open layout really does set us apart from many other Hampton Inn properties, and I'm happy that you liked it -- it's actually the custom design of the owner. My favorite part of it is that it lets in so much natural light, and keeps everything from feeling claustrophobic. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our property, and I hope that we can see you again soon!
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It is a good hotel ,clean rooms , good bathroom.The location is very accessible.

Since I was partly working over the week as it was Thanksgiving,I needed the necessary props to help with that.

They had such a good setup for working -very comfortable couch, pedestal lamp with Phone and tea platform and a board to keep your laptop.

For the budget I was paying which was around 100USD ,it was really good.

The staff especially Diane ,Sue and Jorge was very forthcoming and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that your room's layout and amenities provided you with a good space to get your work done, and that you found great value in our hotel during your stay. Our staff enjoyed having you here, and appreciated your company and conversation. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again the next time you're in the area!
Show Low, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Nice, clean and quiet room, attentive staff. If there's a problem, it's the location - we encountered several homeless individuals, one of whom was confrontative, although not truly threatening. It's got to be tough when the business has done everything it can to be welcoming, but circumstances mostly outside their control can negatively affect the experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I'm glad that you felt that we offered a good value for your dollars spent, and it's great that you enjoyed your room and your interactions with our fantastic staff. While it's true that Santa Cruz does have a noticeable homeless population throughout the city, we, along with the Santa Cruz City Police Department and the city as a whole, are working to address this issue, and to keep Santa Cruz a clean and welcoming place. Thanks again, and we hope that we can have you with us again in the future.