“visiting a student in UC Santa Cruz”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 10 February 2014

A great location. Close to the freeway yet very quite and restful. The room was clean and comfortable. very attentive staff helpful with directions and suggestion for dinning and entertainment. Very good free breakfast, served fresh and attentive staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victor P
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us, made us of our amenities, and found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope that your visit to see your UCSC student was great, and that we can have you with us again the next time you visit them.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2014

no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location. no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location. no fitness room available at this location. also, daily room cleaning is optional at this location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I see from your review that you noticed we do not have an in-house fitness room at our property, and that we do not require our guests who stay multiple nights to have their rooms cleaned every day if they do not wish them to be. I'm sorry if you were disappointed by our lack of in-house fitness room, and that you were unable to make it to our off-site fitness facility, Santa Cruz Power Fitness. We offer our guests free passes to Santa Cruz Power Fitness, an excellent local gym with a multitude of equipment, conveniently located approximately half a mile away. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future, and that you get a chance to make full use of our amenities.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Good hotel - very convenient to highway, and not far from downtown Santa Cruz. Very clean. Internet access and good comp. breakfast. Nice fitness room. Pool is very small and really only for children to splash around in. Free parking but parking in back a little sketchy. Very nice staff - helpful. The rate I got was a little pricey - but last minute.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James D

I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself at our property, and that you found our staff and amenities to your liking. It's true that our pool is mostly suited for children, or anyone who's looking to swim very short laps! For future visits, you can find lower rates typically by booking ahead -- this also helps as we have a tendency to sell out! Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel in mid-January. Made my reservations on line - accidentally clicked on the wrong date. Showed up at the hotel and Diane went out of her way to find me a room. Only stayed 1 night but it was perfect. The room was fresh and clean, the bed was so comfortable, the complimentary breakfast the next morning was just right - lots of options to choose from. Jorge (front desk) and manager were very accommodating and handled a billing issue (because of me clicking on the wrong date) with diplomacy and tact. I'll be back there in March on the way to a Mom's weekend getaway and I know the stay there will be just right!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara S
JasonSantaCruz, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Wow! What a great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others, and for acknowledging Diane, Jorge, and Ray (our manager). I'm very happy that everything worked out and that we were able to accommodate you. It's great that you enjoyed our property, and found the breakfast and your room to your liking. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again in March!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We like to come back to Hampton Inn Santa Cruz. Good location and improved service. Breakfast is also much better. If you want a real American experience, don't forget to visit the Santa Cruz Diner! Within walking distance - if you are from Europe

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lennart L

Thanks for the great review, and for choosing to come back to our property! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you noticed our improved breakfast! I'm an especially big fan of the potatoes. I hope that you get a chance to visit Santa Cruz again soon, and that we have the opportunity to have you with us again when you do!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great Hotel to stay Staff is wonderful you need something they are right there to get it for you thanks to the manager running a great team. I will say my stay was wonderful. I was there to have so away time with the family and this was one of our getaway places

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy D

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you had a great time with your family in Santa Cruz. I'll make sure the manager, Ray, sees your comments -- it's always nice to get a great compliment! Thanks for the great review, and for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel. I hope that we can see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights just after Christmas. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff efficient and pleasant. The breakfast is typical of complimentary hotel breakfasts and they kept it well-stocked.

We stayed in a room with a sofa bed, which like most sofa beds is ridiculously uncomfortable.

One reason we stayed here was it has a small indoor pool. It's heated and comfortable, but I'd recommend a slightly warmer air temperature. It seems very cold when you come out of the water. I'd also suggest some sort of blinds, as the pool faces the walkway by the parking lot. It just seems a bit exposed.

This a comment about the general area. It is OK, but I did notice a lot of perhaps homeless men walking through the area. They didn't linger and the hotel doors are key-access only. The hotel is located fairly close to the highway so highway noise may be an issue.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank marmac_10

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at our property, and that you found your room and our amenities were to your liking. Next time you're with us again, I hope you get to try our new and improved breakfast, which offers fresher and healthier choices.

It's true that Santa Cruz as a whole does have a noticeable homeless population, and that you can sometimes see them passing by our property. I'm sorry if this was somewhat off-putting, but you are correct that we do have doors that require keycards for entry, as well as an attentive staff. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future.