“Everything was perfect!!”

Hampton Inn Santa Cruz
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place was amazing! Courteous reception, and very helpful. Splendid room, and because we were there for a graduation, there was a gift bag with food, drink & toys, and a bottle of Apple Cider. The breakfasts were delicious and varied, and every staff member that we interacted with was warm, welcoming, and appreciative of our business. Although right at the end of the freeway, it was quiet. I can't think of anything that could have enhanced our say there.
Aline Koppel

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DonaAline
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and for choosing to stay with us during UCSC's graduation! I'm happy you enjoyed your gift bag, our hot breakfast, and our wonderful staff -- I'll make sure to share your review with them to brighten everyone's day. We hope we get the opportunity to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was unable to ignore the lingering smell and noise coming from the elevator. Bad customer service from front desk staff. Since the hotel was fully booked, I had to request for another hotel accommodation late at night. This was a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marella G
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I'm sorry that your visit to our property was a disappointing one. It's true that as we were fully booked we did not have another room to move you to, but I hope that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel we arranged for you. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a more positive experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at this property a couple of times and absolutely love it. It is located right off ocean street and is well located to all that amazing Santa Cruz has to offer. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They give you passes for a nearby fitness center that was an absolute hightlight of the trip. Lots of musle heads to check out! The front desk clerks were attentive and helpful and spread Hamptonality. Thanks for taking good care of us on our little vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor to avoid any noise above you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeslieannGM

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stays at our property, and that you've taken advantage of our gym passes to Santa Cruz Power Fitness. I'm also glad you enjoyed our great staff and their "Hamptonality," as well as your room! I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Decent place to stay in Santa Cruz. As usual,the room was clean and comfortable. Not the most picturesque area of S.C. but a lot of hotels seem to be clustered in this particular part of town. We were only here for one night. Next time I would probably see what else is available just to have other options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found your room clean and comfortable. It's true that most hotels in Santa Cruz are located on Ocean Street -- luckily, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, beaches, Municipal Wharf, and UCSC are all located less than two miles away! We hope we have the opportunity to have you with us again the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Seriously the worst experience I've had with a hotel... ever. Rude from the beginning. The front desk staff is the most useless uninformative group of staff I've ever encountered. For $200+ a night this place is a JOKE. Not to mention the surrounding area is completely sketch. No underground parking and of course they're not responsible for any damage caused by all the homeless people lurking around the parking lot.. DO NOT STAY HERE. The Holiday Inn express across the street is a MUCH better choice.. for a lower rate!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Megan C
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing stay at our property. Unfortunately, there are no real specific items I can address in regards to our property in your review, but I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. While it's true that they do have underground parking while we do not, we do not experience frequent theft or damage to our guest's vehicles. It's also true that Santa Cruz has a noticeable homeless population, which can be seen throughout the city, but I'm sorry that this made you uncomfortable. You will notice that rates in Santa Cruz are universally higher during the summer months, but I hope that we have another opportunity to have you with us again in the winter (when rates are lower) so that we can provide you with a better stay experience.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Though not close to the boardwalk but it has a great comfortable room and bed, Good HOT breakfast. Parking could be problem if arrive late since there is a Denny's next door that customers would use the hotel parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank suel048

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked your room and hot breakfast. If you ever run into parking problems, please talk to our front desk agents, as they can assist you in locating a spot. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

First, my complaint is that this Hampton Inn is the most expensive of several that we are staying at during a 3 week California vacation. It is not particularly good value for the money. However, I didn't compare the cost to other brand hotels in the Santa Cruz area. Although the location is on Ocean avenue, it is 2 miles from the beach. We arrived too early (12:30 PM) to check in to a room, so we walked to the "downtown" area. The best stop was at the Santa Cruz travel information shop on Water Street. The information lady suggested a nice restaurant for dinner on the beach. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Everything worked, and the staff were very nice. Breakfast was the one of the very best of any hotel on this trip. The scrambled eggs included cheese and ham, and the sausage slices were good also. Although breakfast items were self-serve, a staff member offered to refill our coffee cups himself. Our room was quiet, despite being close to the elevator. No street noise was heard. We parked in the front of the hotel without problem. We were welcomed as HHonors guest. I would recommend the hotel to a friend, but would suggest they compare prices first.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tbm210

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property! I will let the breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed your meal, as well, as we strive to offer the most quality breakfast we can! It's true that hotels in Santa Cruz are more expensive than hotels in other parts of the state, but for the quality of our property, we feel that we have the best value in town! Thanks for this great review, and we hope we can see you again soon!