“enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
New Hope, United States
“enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

we stayed in Santa Cruz because it was a little less expensive than Monterey but actually really loved the Santa Cruz area plus all the things to do and see - plus it was only a realatively short drive to Monterey

1 Thank Dennis O
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for the great review! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your time at our property and our excellent city of Santa Cruz! It's true that Monterey is a relatively short drive away, and you can easily make a day-trip and do many of the great things down there while saving a little money. I hope that we get to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
jensplayin22
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Service was great. Breakfast was great. Rooms were tiny and musty. It felt more like a Motel 6. Not somewhere I plan on going again. Santa Cruz or not it's way overpriced for the bad area and quality of room.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jensplayin22
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I'm very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and our staff, but I'm sorry to hear that you found your room disappointing. I will speak to maintenance and make sure that any fragrance issues are being addressed immediately. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and I hope we have the opportunity to have you with us again so we can provide you with a better experience.
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is on Ocean Blvd which is near the homeless center on Coral Street. I got hit up a couple times for money, as I had to park on the street, as the parking lot was full. I was worried about my new car getting broken into and me getting mugged. The room smelled misty and damp like old socks. It would have been nice if someone would have turned on the air conditioner in our room before we arrived. I am an Hilton HHonors member, there was no acknowledgement made in that regard either at check in or out. In fact, the lady at the front counter did not asked how my stay was. I used 50000 points which is equivalent of $625.00. I wouldn't have paid $100.00 for this room. I will never go back. In fact, I am cancelling my HHonors account and closing my Hilton credit card.

3 Thank MountShastaJohn
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I'm sorry that your recent stay at our property was a disappointing one. It is true that Santa Cruz as a city, along with most beach towns in California, have a noticeable homeless presence, especially in times of economic hardship. It is true that about a mile away and across a river there is a homeless shelter in Santa Cruz, but you will see that the homeless population is not kept confined to a small area. I'm sorry that you were asked for money -- typically we do not experience issues with the homeless, but I am sorry that you were made uncomfortable.

As we share our rear parking lot with the Denny's next door, sometimes there are few spots left in our rear parking lot immediately adjacent to our hotel. Please feel free in the future to park anywhere in this rear lot or ask a front desk agent for assistance. I am sorry that you were not greeted as a Hilton Hhonors member, and that the agent checking you out did not inquire after the quality of your stay. I assure you that you received your Hhonors points for staying at our property, but I'm sorry if this was not made clear.

I hope that you please reconsider cancelling your Hilton Hhonors membership, as it would be regrettable if this disappointing stay damaged your future relationship with the Hilton family of hotels. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again so that we can provide you with a better experience.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place was amazing! Courteous reception, and very helpful. Splendid room, and because we were there for a graduation, there was a gift bag with food, drink & toys, and a bottle of Apple Cider. The breakfasts were delicious and varied, and every staff member that we interacted with was warm, welcoming, and appreciative of our business. Although right at the end of the freeway, it was quiet. I can't think of anything that could have enhanced our say there.
Aline Koppel

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rear of the building.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DonaAline
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and for choosing to stay with us during UCSC's graduation! I'm happy you enjoyed your gift bag, our hot breakfast, and our wonderful staff -- I'll make sure to share your review with them to brighten everyone's day. We hope we get the opportunity to have you with us again soon!
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was unable to ignore the lingering smell and noise coming from the elevator. Bad customer service from front desk staff. Since the hotel was fully booked, I had to request for another hotel accommodation late at night. This was a very disappointing experience.

1 Thank Marella G
JasonSantaCruz, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I'm sorry that your visit to our property was a disappointing one. It's true that as we were fully booked we did not have another room to move you to, but I hope that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel we arranged for you. I hope that we have the opportunity to have you with us again in the future so that we can provide you with a more positive experience.
Saint George
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at this property a couple of times and absolutely love it. It is located right off ocean street and is well located to all that amazing Santa Cruz has to offer. The rooms were very clean and spacious. They give you passes for a nearby fitness center that was an absolute hightlight of the trip. Lots of musle heads to check out! The front desk clerks were attentive and helpful and spread Hamptonality. Thanks for taking good care of us on our little vacation.

Room Tip: Stay on higher floor to avoid any noise above you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LeslieannGM
Thanks for the great review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stays at our property, and that you've taken advantage of our gym passes to Santa Cruz Power Fitness. I'm also glad you enjoyed our great staff and their "Hamptonality," as well as your room! I hope we get to see you again soon!
Stowe, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Decent place to stay in Santa Cruz. As usual,the room was clean and comfortable. Not the most picturesque area of S.C. but a lot of hotels seem to be clustered in this particular part of town. We were only here for one night. Next time I would probably see what else is available just to have other options.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Paul B
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found your room clean and comfortable. It's true that most hotels in Santa Cruz are located on Ocean Street -- luckily, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, beaches, Municipal Wharf, and UCSC are all located less than two miles away! We hope we have the opportunity to have you with us again the next time you're in the area.