“We were in this hotel with family the weekend of August 9th to the 1”
Review of Salt Air Lodge

Salt Air Lodge
Ranked #48 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Palmdale, California
“We were in this hotel with family the weekend of August 9th to the 1”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Service was very good, room clean with 3 beds, my granddaughter was very happy to have her own bed.. All of us were surprise about the location, service, and room size. Parking is a little bit small.. the people upstairs were walking too loud .. But we are definitely going back to Santa Cruz and this hotel is our hotel from now on... Our family loved it !! Cheers to Knights Inn.. keep it up!!

Room Tip: The room 106 has 3 room with one bed in each room. Refrigerator, microwave.. a little bit noise beca...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and making it your home away from home and we appreciate the comments on which we may be able to improve our facilities. we have 6 units of the type you stayed in with 3 queen size beds for a family of up to 6 Persons. We look forward to seeing you all again soon and we look forward to give you all the same good services from our staff. Once again thank you for your kind patronage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Knights Inn is relatively inexpensive and very close to the Boardwalk. It was the best tradeoff between price, quality, and distance from the Boardwalk. We stayed in the just remodelled "White House" building and the accomodations were superb. The staff was very attentive.

Unfortunately, our car was broken into overnight and a lot of stuff was stolen. The hapless hotel staff tried to be helpful. There are about 8 exterior video cameras and the Manager was going to review 8 hours of overnight video for us. This took a while because the fastest he could to run it was 3x. Better lighting in the parking lot would have helped. The police officer was also very helpful and sympathetic, and even attempted to lift fingerprints. It's a shame that this criminal act spoiled what otherwise would have been a delightful sojourn in Santa Cruz.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ice_Station_Zebra
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us as we strive to improve our accomodations standards everyday. We are upset about your crime ordeal and apologize for this inconvenience. We look forward to seeing you soon again. Again we thank you for your patronage.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Reasonable location, apparently safe, our room was clean (although some might find the bathroom a bit awkward). We had room 200B, which made this a better stay, because we basically had our own balcony (it could also be accessed by 200C [?], I think). I'm not sure we would have been as pleased with another room, so perhaps we were lucky. Jesus on the staff was very cordial and helpful when we arrived--recommended a good pizza place (Woodstock). Parking is complicated but we found it ultimately manageable. For the amount we paid, we were satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for 200B or 200C.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us and your kind patronage and that you had a good stay. Our staff works hard to please and exceed our guests satisfaction. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. God bless and see you all soon again.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I wasn't expecting much because of other reviews but we loved it. The location was great, room size was perfect, it was quiet at night. The staff was extremely nice. I think it is family owned so I liked that part. Cannot wait to go back. Thanks, Knight Inn!

Room Tip: Room next to the office the best
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our family friendly motel and are really happy to hear that our staff was there to assist. We thrive to deliver a good experience and do succeed most of the time and fail at some point as the reviews show weaker points and areas. We look forward to serving you and your family again next year and will look forward to give you the same experience even if it is another room as we carry on working hard to make all our rooms alike. Once again thanking you for staying with us and letting others know of your stay with us.
Dilip Patel.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My family recently stayed at the Knight's Inn. We were looking for a less expensive place to stay for our annual trip to Santa Cruz. When we entered our room, I was in awe!! It was bigger and more up to date than other places we have stayed in Santa Cruz. Our second day there we met the owner and his family. They were all so polite and open to talking to us. Mr. Patel talked with us about the huge Victorian house that is located right next to the hotel. He also gave us a personal tour of the new B&B type hotel that is opening next door. When we are able to go back without the kids, we are definitely staying there!! After staying 2 nights, we left and realized that I had left my laptop in the room. We called and it was in the office. Mrs. Patel had gone and personally checked to make sure that nothing had been left in the room. I met the cleaning staff and trusted that they would not have taken it if they had been the ones to find it. When I returned to retrieve my laptop, Mr. Patel gave me an easier way to the CA1 freeway. We had a few glitches when we checked in and spoke to Mr. Patel with our concerns about his staff member. He assured us that he would have a word with her about our issues. I realize that some parts of her job seem repetitive, but as this was the first time staying there, I don't know where the ice machine is, that there is a wifi code, or that housekeeping stops by everyday. Those were minor irritations and not enough to stop me from staying again when I am back with my children or at the other inns that Mr. and Mrs. Patel are going to be opening in the near future when we travel alone. Also, as for the TV, the ones that have commented that their TV was "broken", you have to change the channel to channel 3 (on the TV not with the remote), then use the remote to change the channel to other cable channels. For some reason it does go back to "video" after being off for a while. We had a great experience and enjoyed the family atmosphere surrounding the whole area.

Room Tip: Ask for 200C if you are planning on staying more than one night. This room has a full kitchen.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
knights7985, Owner at Salt Air Lodge, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Once again thank you and the family for staying with us on your recent visit. It was a pleasure to speak to your family and it was my opportunity to show you what is our new project of building the b and b next door and I hope you liked the 4 suites which are just ready to rent. I am happy to hear your family had a good stay with us and hope for your future stays be the same. We appreciate the comments and will take up with the front desk staff to be more polite and accurate on the info given to our guests. We are always working hard to make sure our guests have a good Santa Cruz experience and look forward to seeing you all again next year or sooner.
Dilip Patel.
Benicia, California
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was by far the worst hotel I have EVER been to. Me and my boyfriend wanted to get away for a nice weekend, little did we know this is the worst hotel in Santa Cruz and probably in California! Checking into this place was a horrible idea!!! We arrived to our room, with a broken air conditioning (keep in mind it was over 100 degrees). The repair man was called and came to our room. An hour later we were able to leave our room, THINKING the air conditioning was 'fixed'.... yeah THOUGHT WRONG!! Got back two hours later with a room like an oven, hotter than it was outside. Demanded the repair man to come back, but at this point we just wanted a new room. Patrick at the front desk informed me there were no other rooms and all he could do was give me 20$ off my room which was 188$. I laughed and told them they just need to refund my money. Finally Patrick let us speak to the owner, Chet. He told us the only thing he could do was refund half the money. Flames were coming out of my ears. My boyfriend then asked "what kind of hotel is this?" Chet Replied "We are a one and one half star hotel" WTF!?! and your okay with that? Chet then proceeded to ask "did the hotel say all the rooms would have AC available to customers?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! 188$ A NIGHT, IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER, I WOULD HOPE SO!! We were maybe in our room two hours and an hour and a half the "repair man" was there!! 94$ for a half hour in a boiling room!?!?!! As we were discussing what we should do, Patrick got on the phone with another customer offering rooms.... Wait a second, I thought there were no other rooms? LIAR!!!! In the end we called it a lose and walked with half of a refund... or so I thought.... NEVER REFUNDED THE MONEY!!!!!! Or the 100$ deposit they withdraw and addition to the 188$! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE HOTEL!!!!!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Brittni M

Travellers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Nice small hotel with courteous staff at the front desk. More of a motel., no room service and slow Wi-Fi. Our room safe was unusable because it was locked out and TV didnt work. Room and toilet was clean. Good location very near the boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2013