“Amazing food, veggie focused, a little bit of zen.”
Review of cafe gratitude

cafe gratitude
Ranked #41 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Wonderful combinations for food, vegan, delightful smoothies all with zen like and fun names. I'd visit again and again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Went after being recommended by someone who lives locally. Slightly skeptical at first. When ordered didn't think it would be great. After the first mouthful all of that changed. Fresh and vibrant. So tasty and struggled to finish as the food was wholesome and filling. Not badly priced either. The jasmine tea was really good.
Go with an appetite if you want dessert also.

2  Thank rossf2012
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Absolutely delicious raw, vegan food, and I am not even a vegan! Their wine choices were slim, and very good. I even got an entire meal to go, as I did not think I'd be able to kind food that yummy without really searching around ( which I did not have time to do.) It is a cozy place, the service was good, but not great, and the affirmations that are the titles of the dishes are fun to read.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I ate here with my huge family (10 people) around 4pm so we were able to get seated right away. but it is a small place so that would have to be considered if you are going at a peak time.

I am a picky vegetarian and try to avoid dairy, soy, and gluten as well and this place was one of the only places i've been to where i didn't have to make modifications to my meal. I ordered the chai latte with hazelnut milk that they make in house! it was delicious.
I also had a Caesar salad with cashew cream caesar! i was awesome! the best soy free creamy vegan dressing i've ever had. That alone would get five stars.

I also go the nachos- which were good, but not great. They used home made flax carrot "crackers" which were dehydrated so they were crunchy like a cracker, but as you can imagine with just flax and carrot- not a whole lot of flavor, but I loved that it was healthy.
and there was a sunflower and sesame seed "taco meat" with a spicy cashew nacho cheese sauce. Its amazing what you can do with a cashew cream! there was also guacamole and fresh salsa with it too.

all of my family are meat eaters and they raved about how good the food was and how they didn't miss the meat. so I would recommend taking any skeptics with you to try it.
they also had really tasty desserts too.

1  Thank Miller728
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Nothing's better than a cool drink or dessert after a day at the beach and my California kids knew exactly where to head after our sojourn on the beach in Santa Cruz. They took me to the Gratitude Cafe-- an interesting spot on the main drag. My son ordered a smoothie with all kinds of healthful ingredients that he thoroughly enjoyed and my daughter-in-law and I shared a chocolate brownie and a strawberry shortcake. None of this was made with ordinary ingredients but still managed to taste good and refreshing. The karma is nice and well worth the trip.