“You would be grateful to pass this place by!!!!!”
Review of cafe gratitude

cafe gratitude
Ranked #42 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Some of the worst food EVER!!!!!!! The whole experience was terrible! Our server was VERY impatient and scowled at every question we asked like she was very annoyed and bothered by them....and us! The 'BLT' was disgusting - for lack of a better taste description. It was a piece of lettuce, a slice of tomato and some toasted coconut sprinkled over the bread! REALLY???? I can't even describe our chef's special appetizer - oh my - it was bad! Could not even eat it!! The 'I am Transformed' (their name for the dish) was also - bad! We were transformed alright - into a person with a very upset stomach! The chef's need to go to culinary school and learn how to season and spice their food - and yes - how to cook!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been a vegetarian for over thirty years and perhaps my hopes were too high but I was very disappointed with this mediocre but healthy food. My husband and I ordered the raw soup which was so full of cayenne pepper he sent it back as inedible. Our main courses were decent but he spicing was also off. Our waitress was very accommodating but accidentally charged us for the inedible soup. In sum: terrific service, lousy food.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Liked the menu concept of labeling the dishes with positive affirming titles. For Vegans probably a good restaurant. For the Omnivore's among us, not so good. Ordered the "BLT". Had the L & T alright, but the fake B was definitely lacking. I was expecting the look and taste of bacon, but got a mishmash of toasted coconut and maple. The toasted coconut was supposed to represent the texture of bacon, yeh not so much. My veggie wife and daughter were just okay with their choices.
Overall just okay and too high priced.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Food was terrible! $75 FOR 3. I was given a bowl of mystery food & they also used to allow customers to donate $$$ & when a homeless person came in they could eat for free. they stopped the giving bowl.

1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely place to eat healthy delicious food and drink nutritious smoothies. Was a bit surprised by the price. Lunch for 4 cost us $90.