“Great budget accomodation”

Super 8 Santa Cruz/Beach Boardwalk East
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Large, clean comfortable room with a flat screen TV. Good location, it's walking distance to the boardwalk. Loved using the waffle maker for breakfast in the morning. We had a great stay, the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Reserved a room for New Years Eve. Price was decent....$100 (total with tax) for a room with a king size bed.

Room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, there were many items to chose from for breakfast the next morning, and it's a great location.

I researched the hell out of this place before we stayed. I wanted to get a cheap price on a room, but I didn't want to be in the "bad" part of town either. I felt comfortable leaving my car here and staying the night.

The one negative thing I have to say is that the walls are SUPER SUPER THIN. Try to get a room upstairs.You may even hear your neighbors right next door to you (hearing kids screaming at 7:00am after being out super late really sucks.)

I would possibly stay here again if I needed a cheap room or for the location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was a long-term guest at this Super 8 in 2013. Great location - clean rooms - good value. But what really sets it apart from even the higher priced hotels is the wonderful and super-helpful management of Praf and Suni Patel, the King and Queen of Hospitality in Santa Cruz. If they don't know something, it doesn't exist:) They will make your stay at Super 8 East joyous.

• Stayed: October 2013
Management response:Responded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We were happy to have you as a guest and it truly does make us all swell with pride when we hear that we helped make your stay with us enjoyable. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Suni and Praf
General Managers

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night in December 2012 on our way to San Francisco. The surrounding area is decent and it did not feel unsafe. Further down the street is an older amusement park. There are no good places to eat within walking distance but their are places to eat on the pier. Although the motel is older it is very well maintained. The rooms were spacious, very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I needed a place to stay one night while on the road and decided on this motel because of other tripadvisor reviews. I have to say I am really glad I did. The room is big, clean and close to just about everything. The lady at the desk was wonderful when I checked in. Very friendly. The bed is comfortable and the price was under $75 which for Santa Cruz for a nice room is really hard to beat. Flat screen TV, microwave and fridge, coffee maker and for a business traveler it was great to have free WIFI and lot of places to plug in computer, cell phone, etc. I will be happy to stay here again when I am in the area!

Room Tip: Even though I have a room by the pool and next to the road, it was pretty quiet but if you want a qu...